Auburn's Ben Tate Sends Eric Berry's Heisman Campaign Skidding

Oct 7, 2009 Full story: Bleacher Report 33

Eric Berry for Heisman? Sorry, but no.A Auburn running back Ben Tate derailed that fleeting notion when he lowered his shoulder in the third quarter of the Tigers' 26-22 Saturday win over the Vols and flung the Tennessee safety through the air like a rag doll.A Heisman Trophy candidates do not fly backward through the air for five full yards and ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
volsuoft

Water Valley, MS

#1 Oct 7, 2009
To the jackass that wrote the article, you need to get your vision checked and then watch the game again. They weren't squared up with one another when the hit happened! Berry was coming in from an angle. No one from Tennessee has ever won the Heisman. Berry is unlikely to win the Heisman anyway. Only one defensive player has ever one the trophy. An that year was bogus anyway, seeing how he won it over Peyton Manning. No one from Tennessee has ever won the Heisman.
Nathan Guerrero

Ringgold, GA

#2 Oct 7, 2009
Get real!!! Take one play out of hundreds and exploit it. What about stoning Tebow, or hamering Knowshon. I dare say Tate is no Tebow or Knowshon. I'll bet my last dollar that Tate does not get drafted as high as Berry.

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Oct 8, 2009
Article is stupid, but Tate did knock him on his @ss.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4 Oct 8, 2009
Eagle3 wrote:
Hey Eagle Auburn looks good so far.
Whatever

Liberty, SC

#5 Oct 8, 2009
Tate lowered his shoulder and Berry landed 5 yards down the field. Eric was coming at an angle or was Tate?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#6 Oct 8, 2009
Eagle3 wrote:
Eagle3 Auburn is a two point fav at the hogs house Im saying the pigs pull it out
Get Sober

Loudon, TN

#7 Oct 8, 2009
Eagle3 wrote:
I agree. I think that play says more about Tate than Berry. Berry is one of the hardest hitters, LB or DB, at UT in my lifetime. Tate runs hard. Like a fullback from a 90s Nebraska team.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 8, 2009
Your team has a superb defense.
Get Sober wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I think that play says more about Tate than Berry. Berry is one of the hardest hitters, LB or DB, at UT in my lifetime. Tate runs hard. Like a fullback from a 90s Nebraska team.

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#9 Oct 9, 2009
Get Sober wrote:
<quoted text>
Berry is one of the best defensive players that I have seen all year.

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#10 Oct 9, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle3 Auburn is a two point fav at the hogs house Im saying the pigs pull it out
Mime.
Get Sober

Loudon, TN

#11 Oct 9, 2009
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Berry is one of the best defensive players that I have seen all year.
He's an impressive person. Coach on the field, never blames or gripes, well spoken. I'm glad his dad went to UT. Only way we got him.
Matt from Columbus

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Oct 10, 2009
Hey buddy i'm sorry about your teams loss today, It's like they didn't prepare for them thinking about other challenges ahead.
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mime.
Get Sober

Loudon, TN

#13 Oct 10, 2009
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mime.
Condolences Eagle 3. AU still controls their destiny.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#14 Oct 11, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle3 Auburn is a two point fav at the hogs house Im saying the pigs pull it out
I told ya BOO

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#15 Oct 11, 2009
Yeah, Auburn looked good for 1 qtr. Not to worry, AU is still 5-1. And that is much better than last year, already!!

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#16 Oct 11, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I told ya BOO
WAR EAGLE

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#17 Oct 11, 2009
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>WAR EAGLE
yall got one of the best backs in Ben Tate in the SEC !!!!

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#18 Oct 12, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>yall got one of the best backs in Ben Tate in the SEC !!!!
True Clown and if we had a defense AU would be pretty good.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#19 Oct 21, 2009
I think Aubie should stick to the traditional all defense team over this. Offense sputters and you guys are in trouble. Great D equals great victories. Of course if you have both pieces and you have a shot at the big game.
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>True Clown and if we had a defense AU would be pretty good.

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#20 Oct 22, 2009
Matt from Columbus wrote:
I think Aubie should stick to the traditional all defense team over this. Offense sputters and you guys are in trouble. Great D equals great victories. Of course if you have both pieces and you have a shot at the big game.
<quoted text>
Yeah Matt, AU defense has been both a shock and a huge disappointment for me this season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Tate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Browns, Saints in hurry to get first wins 2 hr That Fart Guy 4
Johnny Manziel's Debut Proves Kyle Shanahan Is ... Aug '14 Shanahanigans 2
Browns sign free agent RB Ben Tate (Mar '14) May '14 Darkness Falls 4
Arian Foster on former teammate, new Browns RB ... May '14 Not Reliant 5
NFL: Houston Texans cut Ed Reed, put Arian Fost... (Nov '13) Apr '14 This is Jeopardy 4
Ben Tate Should Shine Once Again for Houston Te... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Juan 1
Miami Dolphins vs. Houston Texans live blog: Da... (Sep '11) Nov '13 JJ What 9
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Ben Tate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••