Mike Argento: Big Ben is a big creep

Mike Argento: Big Ben is a big creep

There are 108 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Feb 6, 2011, titled Mike Argento: Big Ben is a big creep. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Last week, as he met reporters in the lead up to today's big game, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger bore a kind of strained rictus grin, giving the appearance of a man who was straining so hard to appear to be enjoying himself that he might pull one of his brain muscles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
citizen

Dallastown, PA

#1 Feb 6, 2011
Spoken by a true idiot Ravens fan!!!!!!
Eastside Bill

Elizabethtown, PA

#2 Feb 6, 2011
I bet Ben is happier as the quarterback of the Steelers than you are writing for a podunk liberal bull**it newspaper....
Just a guess.
Loo

Roxbury, PA

#3 Feb 6, 2011
Good story! How quickly fans find reasons to forgive this POS. The Rooneys have missed the boat on this one. But as long as they win... Just wait for Ben's next victim and see how the Steelers justify their lack of morals.
Mark Skidmark

Brooksville, FL

#4 Feb 6, 2011
Ben Rothlisberger can fart louder than any member of the Green Bay Packers.
fantasyfootball

York, PA

#6 Feb 6, 2011
ever loving proof to children that when you are a thug, a rapist...you surely can become a winner! and children, that's all that really matters!
Who Is Argento

Forest Hill, MD

#7 Feb 6, 2011
What was Ben convicted of? This is one of those idiotic articles people write just to try to get others to read their column. It worked on me this time but I guarantee I will never waste another minute of my life reading a column by Argento again. Just because the QB of your high school stole your girlfriend while you were at your Glee Club, doesn't mean you should hate on Ben. From reading your viewpoint, now we know your a Baltimore fan. By the way, I was putting together sentences in elementary school. I see how intelligent you have to be in order to write a column. Still have yet to be a QB in the NFL. Think about it. That should keep you busy for the rest of the day.
Play Ball

York, PA

#8 Feb 6, 2011
THE Rooney's could hire the late "JC" as quarterback, and you folks would still bitch! His hair would be too long, he is white (?), his clothes are baggy, he only wears sandals, and on and on. But he was great with interviews before multitudes of fans! Just watch the game and hope YOUR team wins.
timothy woolley

York, PA

#9 Feb 6, 2011
wow as always we condem even if found not guilty go report something pleasant like killing a man while driving a bently or killing dogs for kicks or using drugs shooting yourself with own gun fighting in strip clubs i believe we crusified a man once and he forgave us stop throwing stones for money if the crime has been done then he shall pay sooner or later for his or her actions when did we become judge and jury enough already report something good for a change.....thanks
Wooler Catapilariar

York, PA

#10 Feb 6, 2011
timothy woolley wrote:
wow as always we condem even if found not guilty go report something pleasant like killing a man while driving a bently or killing dogs for kicks or using drugs shooting yourself with own gun fighting in strip clubs i believe we crusified a man once and he forgave us stop throwing stones for money if the crime has been done then he shall pay sooner or later for his or her actions when did we become judge and jury enough already report something good for a change.....thanks
,-.- ; -:- " - " -~-\-|-...they are ALL on every keyboard; along with SPELL CHECK!!!
WTF

United States

#11 Feb 6, 2011
It's not what he was convicted of, both Ben and the girl were at fault. Any girl who partys privately is there for the same reason he was. Being in his position, he should know better to set himself up like that.
Miles Togo

Bainbridge, PA

#12 Feb 6, 2011
Eastside Bill wrote:
I bet Ben is happier as the quarterback of the Steelers than you are writing for a podunk liberal bull**it newspaper....
Just a guess.
Then I guess you wouldn't mind if Ben went out with your sister?
Miles Togo

Bainbridge, PA

#13 Feb 6, 2011
Play Ball wrote:
THE Rooney's could hire the late "JC" as quarterback, and you folks would still bitch! His hair would be too long, he is white (?), his clothes are baggy, he only wears sandals, and on and on. But he was great with interviews before multitudes of fans! Just watch the game and hope YOUR team wins.
JC wasn't a serial rapist.
Miles Togo

Bainbridge, PA

#14 Feb 6, 2011
WTF wrote:
It's not what he was convicted of, both Ben and the girl were at fault. Any girl who partys privately is there for the same reason he was. Being in his position, he should know better to set himself up like that.
Really? You want to blame the girl? And it seems that Ben did use "his position" and was aided and abetted by an off-duty state police officer.
WTF

United States

#15 Feb 6, 2011
Miles Togo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You want to blame the girl? And it seems that Ben did use "his position" and was aided and abetted by an off-duty state police officer.
Come on!! Unless the girl was a freaking retard, why would you party privately with someone?? She knew what she was doing!!!
dufus

York, PA

#16 Feb 6, 2011
Bozo the clown writes another article. What was
his article on Clinton and Monica? Oh, that was
a different matter. You are innocent until proven
guilty. Clinton was proven guilty and it still
didn't matter. Can you believe that they pay this
meat ball to write garbage like this? They should
call the paper the York Daily Dimwit. Maybe he
wanted to use that restroom with his buddy. Jess
Gitt would roll over in his grave.
Maxim

United States

#17 Feb 6, 2011
Class envy and jealousy. Designed to provoke Steeler fans which dominate York county. Hilarious to say the least. You're really old now go back to bashing Christians. Or try something new like cleaning bathrooms.
Steven C Johnson

Olyphant, PA

#18 Feb 6, 2011
I am really scared now...

Mike Argento actually wrote an article that I agree with.

I wonder if he ever got around to writing such an article about Ray Lewis,(you remember him...two dead guys in Atlanta) or Jamal Lewis (drug dealing conviction) or Rae Carruth (dead wife/girlfriend)?

I do agree that Rothlisberger is a creep...and a serial rapist. The Steelers, if they had half the class they talk about having, should have released him after his latest forced sexual assault. But, he wins games, so they look the other way...and so do the Steeler fans.

I will be hoping for a Packers win today, if for no other reason, just to keep the Super Bowl trophy away from a serial rapist, his fans and enablers.

By the way, if they were honest, Steeler fans would tell you that there is no way they would let Rothlisberger within a mile of their daughters, no matter their age. Privately, they know him for the scum he is.
zet

New York, NY

#19 Feb 6, 2011
good write up man. i think it is horrible that he was not suspended for the entire season due to this, he is an habitual rapist and the there are more incidents on other college campus besides the two you mentioned. i hate to say it though, but part of the issue is white media and america. for instance, you wife made that comment about Vick after his issue in which he served time in prison for while berger gets off clean. im not excusing vick of his actions but he did serve a prison sentence, and i feel if berger had completed the same "rehab" i would be more forgiving as well.
we just need to start holding these athletes accountable for their heinous actions whether the are black or white and dish out punishment accordingly
zet

New York, NY

#20 Feb 6, 2011
dufus wrote:
Bozo the clown writes another article. What was
his article on Clinton and Monica? Oh, that was
a different matter. You are innocent until proven
guilty. Clinton was proven guilty and it still
didn't matter. Can you believe that they pay this
meat ball to write garbage like this? They should
call the paper the York Daily Dimwit. Maybe he
wanted to use that restroom with his buddy. Jess
Gitt would roll over in his grave.
dude you have no clue. but i bet when vick did what he did you were all over him right. rape is a awful crime and if my daughter, sister, or any female relative ever goes through that, my family would do anything to kill the scum bag how did it. its a reason why in prison, rapist and child molesters are help in the same regard and ganged raped everyday, even other scum bags frown down upon them
zet

New York, NY

#21 Feb 6, 2011
Miles Togo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I guess you wouldn't mind if Ben went out with your sister?
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Roethlisberger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roethlisberger upset with Steelers (Dec '15) Jan '16 Fart news 17
News Concussion? Pittsburgh Steelers' Martavis Bryan... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
News NFL Latest: Ben Roethlisberger out with shoulde... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 7
News Steelers, Bengals put noise on silent (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 6
News Steelers capture stunning comeback triumph as t... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Bill Belichick not falling for Ben Roethlisberg... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 4
News EJ Manual bolsters position as Bills' No. 1 qua... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 5
More from around the web