Which NFL QB wins a Super Bowl next? Here's rating their chances

May 14, 2011 Full story: Philly.com 13

In leading Green Bay to victory in Super Bowl XLV this year, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was the latest man to join a pantheon of passers who will be forever known as the ultimate field generals at their position - as NFL champions.

Full Story
john colar

Franklin, LA

#1 May 15, 2011
drew brees should be superbowl qb
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 May 15, 2011
The article is about who will get their first ring. Last time I checked, Drew Brees still has his first ring. Or did the NFL take it away after he sued them?

Since: Feb 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

#3 May 15, 2011
GBPfan wrote:
The article is about who will get their first ring. Last time I checked, Drew Brees still has his first ring. Or did the NFL take it away after he sued them?
LOL! Priceless!!

Yes, he does have a ring.

Yes, it is about who gets (A) ring next, not another ring.

Yes, the NFL SHOULD take it away when a 'gazillionare athlete'(person who already has the perfect life but it's not good enough), playing the greatest SPORT on God's green tundra, cries he doesn't get enough money by filing a lawsuit on the backs of the more common millionare athlete. What a joke.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!
eric

Marshfield, WI

#4 May 15, 2011
as long as its not Jay Cutler or the kid from Minnesota.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#5 May 20, 2011
eric wrote:
as long as its not Jay Cutler or the kid from Minnesota.
Or any politician that doesn't believe in unity/unions!

LOL.....FA is gonna be a scramble once this lock-out is lifted..........BIG BUCKS for some.

Who do you think will be some of the noteables that will get paid?

Nmdami(sp) 4 1!!!!!!!
eric

Marshfield, WI

#6 May 20, 2011
Cullen Jenkins will get a nice ( and prob. his last) huge payday.
you are right,the corner from Oakland with that darn long last name.
Carson Palmer ( although not a FA) im sure will find a nice job somewhere outside of Cin and may even get an extension ( depending on how many years he has left on his current deal).
Its kind of a hard call as no one knows who will be a FA because of the uncertainty of the rules, but, it certainly will be interesting for sure.Im just wondering if this Lockout goes until July,then do they extend FA period until mid August and push back opening day to mid to late Sept? or do they just let players sign and show up at camp the next day,and what about the mid level who may sign late in August? I do realize some players sign deals late and show up with not to many weeks before opening day,but, we are talking about a large number of players,not a select few.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#7 May 20, 2011
thinking about it.Caleb Haney the young qb in Chicago if they dont match any offers would be interesting,he stepped off the bench in the NFC title game vs GB and played extremely well and Chi came close to pulling it off.
Ahmed Bradshaw RB NYG
DeAngelo Williams
Joseph Addai RB Indy and there are a list of qb like Matt Hasselback,which would be good for a team like Minn,let him come in for a few years and teach the kid you drafted last month if Minn isnt 100 sure hes ready to go.
Id say Peyton Manning,but im sure Indy would or will resign him
Tavaris Jackson,which im sure you are glad to see go )if your like a lot of Minn fans),who knows maybe he will find a good gig somewhere he fits in better or his few years behind BF and his struggles may have been a teachable experience and who knows,the kid has talent,so maybe he can get something out of his career.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#8 May 21, 2011
Good stuff eric ty for the info..

Just 4 the record however I think Mr. Jackson was fine in his role as a back-up..........sometimes the majority rules and in his case he was outnumbered.........he needed to move on, perhaps one of the most villified players ever to play for the VIKES.

tALK TO YA,.

BTW don't even entertain thoughts about repeating, lol.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#9 May 21, 2011
Who Me entertain the thought! ALWAYS! lol
There are a ton of FA and when this ends,It will be a track meet to sign folks,im just wondering about all the time the rookies are missing.I would think,the longer this goes on,the more a team like Minnesota should sign a vet as the rookie qb wont have as much time to learn the system.That goes for all rookies but a qb like Newton as the #1 pick and they want him to start,or your guy in Minn.if the vikings are expecting him to start,there is lost time,so it will be something to look for or at.Im still wondering if GB will roll the dice on Cullen Jenkins and more important if they would trade their backup qb.The guy almost beat NE in NE and broke the Pats long winning streak. Between he and Nick Barnett,there are 2 players who could be traded for upper picks and TT has done a nice job with those.
Well Erie-vike fan, always a pleasure chatting with you, hope all is well with you and your family and hope we get a chance to chat again at some point.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#10 May 21, 2011
As always eric you present yourself as a class act!

I think with the Ponder selection coach will plug him in from the door..........knowing he fits the O schme the VIKES implement plus, and here is the key..........THE ZBS..........Ponder knows how to throw accurate short passes, plus his mobility will/can extend plays..........his football smarts' at the position have never been in Q so Frazier is counting on him to make the right reads and dump off/to the checkdown back and/or hit the hot route.ie Mr Harvin.

AP is the guy that has to block better......TE from ND should help in the ZBS scheme only because he will be able to get a body on the DE /OR THE OLB to give AP a true cutback lane.

God Bless.....the land that is dubbed..........GOD'S COUNTRY.........LOL.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#11 May 22, 2011
Thank You for the kind words erie,although with some folks i have had my moments.This lockout has tied everyone;s hand so i dont think Minn has much of a choice as well as everyone else.Maybe after this whole thing is done,Minn will sign a Matt Hasselback for a season or 2 and the kid can soak in everything he can and learn from a darn good qb. Im sure Ponder is a smart kid but NFL is a much faster game as we know so it will be a learning experience for him,but, he seems to be able to handle it.IMO Minn should have really worked on the Oline.As we have seen Aaron Rodgers who is a damn great qb has been running for his life at times with a shitty left side of the line and who knows if Ponder will be as good as Rodgers,( maybe he will,but, maybe he wont) A good blocking TE and RB is a wonderful thing,but, championship teams have strong lines ( offense and defense).
If you can get AP back on track and dominating again that would certainly help obviously.Minn has some good offensive weapons and a very good defensive minded HC,so a improved Oline that can help the rookie qb and Minn might be back in the run again,after missing a year.FUnny how things rise ( Detroit) and fall ( Minn so quickly)but Minn can get it back rather quickly if played right but again GB is a damn tough defending World Champions ( sorry had to mention that!) Chicago is a damn good team,and NO ONE can EVER take Detroit lightly or they will be bit on the backside, and Detroit IMO will be a legit Playoff contender in the next few years

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#12 May 29, 2011
eric Lion's interior tackles on the D side is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!! Gonna be real tuff to run on those 2!!
eric

Marshfield, WI

#13 May 29, 2011
How true and when they add a few pieces like a safety and another LB,their whole defense will be tremendous.Wouldn't shock me if they were a wild card team in a few years.
Detroits whole d line is good.vanDenBouch and WIlliams and Suh and the kid they drafted in April,if he pans out to be nearly as good as advertised,that d line can rival any d line in the division and prob. in the NFL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Roethlisberger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bell, Blount play after arrest, Steelers lose Aug 22 The Joints Stadium 1
Watch Philadelphia Eagles vs Pittsburgh Steeler... Aug 21 Ottoman ESPN 5
NFL Takeaways: Ben Roethlisberger Let Down by T... Aug 21 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 8.19.14 Aug 20 Flatulence Fred 2
NFL roundup: League claims Rice message sent Aug '14 Janitor 2
Dalton expects big deal from Bengals Apr '14 Tigerpoop 1
Time for Steelers' Mike Tomlin to fire his two ... (Nov '13) Jan '14 Carl 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000