Former Mayfield Trojan Darius Holland...

Former Mayfield Trojan Darius Holland recalls two Super Bowls, cutthroat business of NFL

There are 31 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Feb 5, 2011, titled Former Mayfield Trojan Darius Holland recalls two Super Bowls, cutthroat business of NFL. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The last two times the Green Bay Packers played in the Super Bowl, a Mayfield High graduate was lining up at defensive tackle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bigg Dawg

Las Cruces, NM

#25 Feb 6, 2011
Number 1 LC Minuteman is a bigot, racist, hood wearing pile of poo poo. Number 2 Mayfield did not win no state title in 1988. Number 3 D. Holland does not own Las Cruces a darm thing. Just because you make money does not mean you have to give it out. They is always going to be haters. I knew him in high school he was cool to me.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#26 Feb 7, 2011
EVERYBODY owes the community something! Did he make it big time on his own? Did people in the community help Darius while he was growing up? They sure did! Somewhere, someone, was giving back to the community to help Darius and other young men. So, yes they do owe the community!

Location hidden

#27 Feb 7, 2011
Roswell trashed Mayfield in 88 for the title.
Barnes

Santa Fe, NM

#28 Feb 7, 2011
I played basketball with Darius in both junior high and high school. One of the nicest and honest people I've ever met. I always wish him the best of luck in everything he does.
Bill

Las Cruces, NM

#29 Feb 7, 2011
You gotta love the guy.......
The driver

Albuquerque, NM

#30 Feb 7, 2011
I used to drive the city school buses to home and away events. I was the bus driver for several of the games Darius played in during his high school career. He is the only athlete on the dozens of charter trips that got up and told his teamates to pick up their trash before they got off the bus......this coming from a player and not a coach. I have always remembered that, I was very impressed. I cant believe some of the comments on this subject. Must be a bunch of jealous people.
Football Mom

Albuquerque, NM

#31 Feb 7, 2011
By no means does Darius "owe" this community anything. It would be nice, though, if he would come through every now and again and meet w/the kids, especially those who have dreams and aspirations of becoming a professional athlete. My son has played football since he was in 3rd grade and next year will be going to Mayfield and playing football there. He is proud of the fact that Darius played for Mayfield and went on to win 2 Super Bowls. I know he would absolutely love to meet him and hear his story. So while Darius does not owe anybody anything, it would be great if he did even half of what Brian Urlacher does for the kids in Lovington.
Football Mom

Albuquerque, NM

#32 Feb 7, 2011
Correction, before I get hung on this forum for not "checking my facts", played in 2 Super Bowls, only won one.

Location hidden

#33 Feb 7, 2011
As stated above we all owe our communities. Every single one of us has been a beneficiary of a community that gave to us. I feel that we are obligated to return the favor.
Darius Holland

Denver, CO

#34 Feb 11, 2011
To all,

first let me say thanks for letting a has been know his place. I love the banter, truly I am over rated even for these post. To the young man I refused a autograph I hope you can forgive me for having been duch a young fool. You deserve better from me. I didn't realize as young man how rich our traditon was there in New Mexico trust me I was in a rush to live a different life. That being said it isn't an excuse and to each of you please forgive me for protecting a time honored tradition which I at times failed to live up to.

With the apologies rendered I hope each of you are abundantly blessed, lead more productive lives than what you see on television. And know this my attempt at leading a better future will hopefully make you all proud! For I always carry Las Cruces where ever I go, es mi Tierra! That dirt runs through my veins too so don't think I forgot, just moving forward.

Peace!
Hollandfarts

Houston, TX

#35 Feb 16, 2011
Fake Dariusfarts above

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Roethlisberger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bens k9 mutt donations. (Sep '16) Sep '16 hiyo 1
News Roethlisberger upset with Steelers (Dec '15) Jan '16 Fart news 17
News Concussion? Pittsburgh Steelers' Martavis Bryan... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
News NFL Latest: Ben Roethlisberger out with shoulde... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 7
News Steelers, Bengals put noise on silent (Jan '16) Jan '16 Sam Testicle 5
News Steelers capture stunning comeback triumph as t... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Bill Belichick not falling for Ben Roethlisberg... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 4
More from around the web