Titans add another Colt with Gardner

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The Tennessee Titans' infatuation with players cut loose by the Indianapolis Colts continued Wednesday when the Titans claimed linebacker Gilbert Gardner off waivers.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jeremy

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

"Titans Add Gardner" =

"Hi Gil, I'm coach Jeff Fischer. Did you manager to get a look at the new playbook in Indianapolis before you left? What can you tell me about it?"

"Well Coach Fischer first I want to thank you for signing me..."

Fischer interrupts, "Gil, seriously we don't have a lot of time for small talk. What can you tell me?"

"Sorry Coach not much. I haven't been in a Colts uniform since before the playoffs last year."

Fischer's face turning red. "Well Gil why don't you check out the facilities and we'll chat again later."

Gil leaves coaches office.

Fischer calls his executive assistant, "Please place Gilbert Gardner on waivers. He didn't have anything to tell us about the Colts, but put in the release info that he didn't pass his physical. Also please order me a tuna on rye, light mayo, and a pickle."
Jim

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

Good one Jeremy,
You can be sure that is what Fischer is looking for.....especially the signal codes.
irsays buddy

Ogden, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

Can't wait for the colts new season, 8-8. Betcha!

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

Jeremy wrote:
"Titans Add Gardner" =
"Hi Gil, I'm coach Jeff Fischer. Did you manager to get a look at the new playbook in Indianapolis before you left? What can you tell me about it?"
"Well Coach Fischer first I want to thank you for signing me..."
Fischer interrupts, "Gil, seriously we don't have a lot of time for small talk. What can you tell me?"
"Sorry Coach not much. I haven't been in a Colts uniform since before the playoffs last year."
Fischer's face turning red. "Well Gil why don't you check out the facilities and we'll chat again later."
Gil leaves coaches office.
Fischer calls his executive assistant, "Please place Gilbert Gardner on waivers. He didn't have anything to tell us about the Colts, but put in the release info that he didn't pass his physical. Also please order me a tuna on rye, light mayo, and a pickle."
Hilarious!
Spies Like Us

Belgrade, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

lol

The defense the Colts run is very simple....those guys just line up and play. I don't know how much Fisher or anybody else can learn beyond what they see on tape every Sunday. Me thinks other teams simply want players on their roster that have won a Lombardi...even a bum like Gardner who didn't even play because he should be playing volleyball or something. You could probably send Fisher the entire defensive playbook and it wouldn't help him. You have to have the right players, bottom line....and Gardner isn't one of them.
Irsay

Whitwell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

irsays buddy wrote:
You're on!
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

If this guy is doing anything more than playing Special Teams on your team, youve got big problems. If you would like a preview, flip on the first 6 games from last year. I could have blocked that dude. He was a statue. Just doesnt have a nose for the football.
Rick

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

betu 12-4 We still have the trio
irsays buddy wrote:
wuh

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

The Titans can have our sloppy seconds.
wuh

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

irsays buddy wrote:
Yeah, there goes the season, Gilbert Gardner is gone.

8-8? Really? I think the Titans will be *lucky* to go 8-8.
Rob

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

Gardner is as skinny as Manute Bol.
tackle not

Peru, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

run the ball at him EVERY PLAY and we will gain about 500 yards a game.
SCOTT

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

IS THIS LIKE THE JETSKINS, WE'LL CALL IT THE COLTITANS
THOSE LOSERS CAN HAVE OUR CASTOFFS, WE MOVE ON TO BIGGER BETTER THINGS, WHEN WE WERE ACTIVE IN THE FREE AGENT MARKET, WE NEVER WON A LOT, NOW WE DRAFT AND RELEASE, ALLS WE NEED IS MANNING AND MARVIN AND SANDERS, EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST ROLE PLAYERS, HA
IRSAYS BUDDY GET A LIFE

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

PEYTON ALONE IS GOOD FOR 8 WINS, SANDERS HA, HE IS GOOD FOR 6 MORE
Paul Brooklyn

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

No big loss for the colts. All these ex-colts go to other teams and they don"t win anything. If these guys were any good, you think the colts would let them go. Harper was too injured for my money, and Gardner was not the answer in this defense. He was poor against the pass and the run.
Blue nation

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

LOL Simply hilarious! Hey Jeff your sandwich is here. Hurry up an eat it before it gets cold. By the way here are some tickets to this years superbowl. It's about the only way you guys are going to get there.
alex

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

kinda funny how the titans thing their become a great team when the only players there getting are our backups....for those of you that think the colts arent gonna do as good this year name one good player we lost...manning, harrison, wayne, glenn, saturday, addai, freeney, sanders...hmmm i think there all on our team...13-3 season...no doubt..good luck titans your gonna need all you can get
alex

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2007

irsays buddy wrote:
8-8 HAAAAAA we must be getting punkd come out ashton....you must be kidding
Season Ticket Holder

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2007

What if we cut the waterboy, do you think the Titans will pick him up also?
Season Ticket Holder

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2007

If we cut the waterboy, do you think the Titans would sign him?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ben Hartsock Discussions

Search the Ben Hartsock Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ed Dickson's visiting the Panthers, according t... Apr '14 Tebow Cornholio 2
McNabb heading to Vikings, Holmes stays home (Jul '11) Jul '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
NFL: How former Buckeyes fared | BuckeyeXtra (Dec '09) Jan '10 Recidivist 7
Colts' Jake Scott headed to the Titans (Mar '08) Mar '08 pacers101 86
Sports - Former Falcon Crumpler Now a Titan (Mar '08) Mar '08 good riddance 1
Troupe likely not in Titans' plans (Mar '08) Mar '08 DATMAN4U1 1
Overseas military tour 'humbled' Hartsock (Feb '08) Feb '08 ed b 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••