Jets sign NCAA career rushing leader ...

Jets sign NCAA career rushing leader Woodhead

There are 8 comments on the The Associated Press story from Apr 27, 2008, titled Jets sign NCAA career rushing leader Woodhead . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Chadron State running back Danny Woodhead, the NCAA's career rushing leader, signed a free-agent deal with the New York Jets on Sunday night, according to the player and his agent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

kingsway

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Apr 27, 2008
i like him.. i think its a great pick.. and hes hot.. nice tight buns.. wow i wanna wrestle this guy in the back field.. ill get his jersey and wear them as pants.. so i could really have a woodhead.. love this guy.. J E T S jets jets jets... yea baby..
Dave

AOL

#3 Apr 27, 2008
dont agree with the g*y sh** kingsway was writing. but i think he was a great pick up. he might hav been division II. but he is the all time leading ncaa rusher. there are tons of division II running backs in the past right? and hes obviously proven to be one of the best. why not give him a contract and see what hes capable of. he isnt costing you a pick or anything. i think its great and i hope he does well and works his way into the rb rotation. he has a chance to be the best white, 5'7 200lb division II running back ever. if that means anything. best of luck to the kid. plus im jets fan and i wanted mcfadden, didnt get him and i wanted ray rice, didnt get him and then i wanted hart late in the draft, didnt get him, so hes my last chance lol. all in all jets had a great offseason so far, and by signing this kid, they show they arnt trying to let it stop there.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#4 Apr 28, 2008
I'm a CSC alum and can't wait to see DW on artificial turf. He makes some awesome cuts. In the playoffs this year he had some footing issues. That shouldn't happen in the NFL with the better shoe equipment.

He should make a great punt and kickoff returner in the NFL. CSC wouldn't use him in those situations since he was the star of the team and didn't want to risk injury.

Couldn't ask for a nicer and more modest person.
goNY

Covington, GA

#5 Apr 28, 2008
I THINK THAT WAS A GREAT PICKUP HE PROBABLY WORKS REALLY HARD AND NOW HAS MORE OF AN INCENTIVE SINCE HE WAS PASSED OVER CANT GO WRONG WITH A GUY WITH A VENDETTA AGAINST THE OTHER TEAMS, LOOK AT JONES DREW.pLUS HE SMALL WITH GOOD SIZE AND GREAT SPEED 4.33 AND 38IN VERT ISNT THAT A MCFADDEN FOR A WALMART PRICE.
Bobby Mac

AOL

#6 Apr 28, 2008
I like this signing. I have a good feeling about this kid. 200# on a 5'7" frame is decent size; and 4.3 in the forty, outstanding. Let's remember Wayne Chrebet. And this will be the fastest running back the Jets ever had. Kudos.
JL Salas

Hampton Bays, NY

#7 Apr 28, 2008
I'm more than happy to sign Woodhead ..for sure he is gonna make the team...We need a RB of hes caliber..if you reading this DW The Jets fans have a lot of faith on you...J E T S!!!
big hig

Ravenna, NE

#8 Apr 28, 2008
I'm a long time friend of danny and his family. I can only say get ready NY cause you're going to love this guy. He's a great ball player, with a huge heart and football smarts. on top of that, he's one of the nicest people i've ever known.
Pete In Nebraska

United States

#9 Apr 29, 2008
Danny has proven alot of people wrong about his size. Thank you Jets for giving him a chance. Jets now have the state of Nebraska cherring for them. Good Luck Danny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Graham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge: Lawsuit linked to House sex scandal can ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kev 1
News League looking at altering overtime (Jan '09) Jan '09 weiser73 3
News Even in news conference, Springsteen entertains (Jan '09) Jan '09 Mike Licht 1
News Even in news conference, Bruce Springsteen ente... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Fred 7
News Graham's career Super after leaving Jets (Jan '09) Jan '09 Drew Brown Bundini 4
News Jets' Smith suspended, fined for hit on Boldin (Sep '08) Oct '08 Joe Con40 4
News grading the jets (Sep '08) Sep '08 Larry 1
More from around the web