Bruins look like road kill in 59-0 loss

Bruins look like road kill in 59-0 loss

There are 17 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Sep 14, 2008, titled Bruins look like road kill in 59-0 loss. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

Coach Rick Neuheisel's "relentlessly positive" theme was sucked out of UCLA on Saturday and floated somewhere among dropped heads, confused faces and disbelieving bodies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Bill

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Sep 14, 2008
That sucked
Taylor

Santa Maria, CA

#2 Sep 14, 2008
FUCLA, back to reality.
Smokin Joe

Florissant, MO

#3 Sep 14, 2008
UCLA really isn't that bad. They just got steamrolled by a much better team. The UW game was not near as close as the score indicated. Nice work BYU. That game was clinical execution. Er, no pun intended.
UCLA fan

AOL

#4 Sep 14, 2008
Smokin Joe,...Even if it was a much better team ....... This is still REALLY embarrassing! Even very weak teams playing really strong teams don't usually get beat this bad!
Steve

Provo, UT

#5 Sep 14, 2008
No more talk that BYU won because an unsportmanlike conduct (celebration) penalty that gave BYU the win by allowing them to block a kick. However, BYU did block a field goal attempt by UCLA to preserve the shutout victory. Maybe, it helps not to have Pac-10 officials calling the game.
winstonsok

Mount Pleasant, MI

#6 Sep 14, 2008
Well bruin fans where in the heck is the smack???

Didn't UCLA Bob or Rob say that there was no way in hell the Cougars would put up more than 17 points on the MIGHTY BRUINS???

One BYU fan suggested that the score would be 42-10 and lo and behold he was just a little off...ten point too much for da bears and 17 short for the Cougars. And I bet it sure would have helped to have a few PAC Ten officals to help out a little, eh?

I sat and watched the game on Versus back here in Michigan at a pizza hut. Ate some hot wings and wondered where the defense was.....hey didn't some of you guys tell us Cougar fans how you'd smash our offense as you did in Vegas and in the Rose Bowl???

You idiots forgot that Maxie was a year more experienced than last season. Last year's Rose Bowl appearance was his second game in four years. Didn't you chumps think he/we(BYU) would get any(?) better....?

And let's not forget the running game.....Unga and company put a 187 yards you po' boys...and that's nothing right? and where in the HECK is the MOUTH of MR. CRYBABY.....(drumroll plz)REGGIE CARTER....
Didn't he say how he was going to make BYU and their fans pay for the bitter tears he shed after the loss to the Cougars in LV Bowl??? Hey Reggie...
where the mouth, where's the smack....hey I know where the smack is......the smack is the sound of the football being knocked down on Forbath's field goal attempt....and the one he missed by six feet to the right in the fourth qtr.??? He was thinking oh crap here they come again.....

Now if you BRUIN fans think I'm being a little harsh on your smack talk from pregame blogs, your right, I am...but I think we're a little tired of listening of hearing how we suck and how you's guys are world beaters because of beating what appears to be a 'not so great' Tennessee team...and let's not forget the crap you said about our defense???

And let's not forget the ESPN Commentators and BYU haters.....(this is too much fun isn't it???)

Where is the Smack??? I can't hear you?

I sat in disbelief at what we did to you guys....never did i think we'd shut you out. Never did I think we'd put 59 points on you, but we did...

And finally to the guy that said something about our mama's being fed crow......I hope this is enough to shut you pukes up for a couple of week's till you beat another Tennessee type team.....

And to the rest of th college football world...we put up...we walked the talk...shame on you for saying and doing what you said and did to us....we'll remember this for the next hundred years and feed off it the next time you say we can't do it.......
DynoDave

Spanish Fork, UT

#7 Sep 14, 2008
The amazing thing to me was that after BYU pulled out their starters, their 2nd and third string guys still moved the ball on the Bruins 1st string D who stayed in the game untill the end. Craft even stayed in untill the finish. Maybe that was just slick Rick being mean to the poor kid.
doctordoctor

Covina, CA

#8 Sep 14, 2008
Well UCLA Sucks!!! BYU's Offense is by all means top 5 in the nation. I think they need to mix up the running back mix more often to add to that versatility they have.

ESPN should be called out and I think the Media has done a pretty piss poor job of it. They trashed us all week before this game after a nice win over Washington. I want to hear them NOW say the block was a fluke. IT WAS NOT.

Only concern is how are defense backs will do against an offense with a pulse? They were much better this week but still they are the achilles heel of this team.
Craig

Seattle, WA

#9 Sep 14, 2008
Hey fellow Cougar fans, why the smack talk? IMO, that's WAY more unsportsmanlike than Locker's celebration last week. Yes, we just trounced what could have been a ranked UCLA (i.e "storied" BCS-conference) team. But none of us thought it would be that much of a blowout. That's because UCLA IS better than what showed in that game. I hope they go on to do well in the Pac-10 (although the rest of Saturday's games against the MWC would indicate the Pac-10 isn't all that spectacular this year). I enjoyed every minute of it. But I hate it when opponents' fans brag about their big wins over us, so why do it to them?

Win with class, lose with class. You can bet your mortgage Bronco Mendenhall isn't talking up this shellacking. We (deservedly) moved way up in the rankings after this big win, so let's just take that and continue to dominate the next 10 opponents (including a top 10 team in a BCS game) WITH CLASS -- praising the team effort that led to the win, and acknowledging the effort of the QUALITY opponent we just played.

“ No Moe Mr Nice Guy”

Since: Jul 08

United States

#10 Sep 14, 2008
Maybe their saving all their energy and might for their cross town rivals on December 6th. Go Bruins.
cougar

Provo, UT

#11 Sep 14, 2008
I am a big cougar fan and glad that they were able to. I do not think anyone expected this. I am also a bruins fan. My grandpa is an alum. I the bruins can come back from this loss and the cougars can be this years BCS buster.
no Beans

La Habra, CA

#12 Sep 14, 2008
basketball season isn't too far off, is it?
Cougar Fan

West Jordan, UT

#13 Sep 14, 2008
I apologize for the trash talk some of "our" fans. That truly is low class of them. That is not who we are as a whole.

Best of Luck
Dez

Covina, CA

#14 Sep 15, 2008
Fucla, thats what they get-LOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

TROJAN FAN
LMAO

Redondo Beach, CA

#15 Sep 15, 2008
"The Football Monopoly in Los Angeles is Officially Over"

lmao
lou

Pasadena, CA

#16 Sep 15, 2008
they have no desire to play anyone after that pathetic performance, drop the remainder of the schedule and let the ncaa allow these players to join small college teams like new mexico western.
Maurice Kane

Covina, CA

#17 Sep 15, 2008
The mind still reels at that incredibly asymmetrical and humiliating score, 59-0 only 12 days following the season-opening upset over the Tenn. Volunteers(overrated in retrospect)and after weeks of ubiquitous print and billboard Bruin agit-prop directed against the USC Trojans who instead of paid sports page advertising speak the old-fashioned way: on the gridiron with victories over Virginia(away: 52-7) and Ohio State(at home: 35-3)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austin Collie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Brady still plenty good enough (Jun '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 21
News Austin Collie re-joins New England Patriots (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News 49ers give Austin Collie a tryout (Jun '13) Jun '13 jose 4
News New England Patriots working out Jabar Gaffney? (Jun '13) Jun '13 Rewind 1
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Luck looks good as Colts beat Rams 38-3 (Aug '12) Aug '12 BlitzburghX7 1
News Colts quarterback Andrew Luck throws his first ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Douglas 1