Eagles go out on an up note

Eagles go out on an up note

There are 34 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 31, 2007, titled Eagles go out on an up note. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Their modest goal of a season-ending, three-game winning streak achieved, the Eagles headed into the offseason Sunday evening after their coach made a pledge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“northwoods project ,google it”

Since: Mar 07

everywhere

#26 Dec 31, 2007
GO E-A-G-L-E-S wrote:
<quoted text> And the cowboy fans only want reid out because they know the birds are comin to dallas to clean house next year.
you must be a crackhead , they will get swept by dallas next year. When is the last time he has truely been healthy. When has he had a great year. I dont knock you for liking him, but you need to be realistic... thats the biggest problems with eagles fan , no matter how bad or avg there team or player is they always think they are the best. Mcnabb is avg at best and next year wont be in the 10 either....
sit him down

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Dec 31, 2007
da birds wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the comparison was of age not ability, someone said McNabb will be older and worse. As far a Rothlisberger yeah he has a ring...so does Jim Plunket..so what..is Plunkett and Rothlisberger better than Marino? Fran Tarkington?? I think not, it means nothing. Cower built a great team around him and yes he played a great season, and hasn't since.

Doesn't Farve have about 10 years(age) on McNabb. With the injuries McNabb has and had he will never make it through a full season. Also, you can't compare ANY of today's quarterbacks to Marino, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, etc... Today your not allowed to hit a quarterback.
sit him down

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Dec 31, 2007
da birds wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the comparison was of age not ability, someone said McNabb will be older and worse. As far a Rothlisberger yeah he has a ring...so does Jim Plunket..so what..is Plunkett and Rothlisberger better than Marino? Fran Tarkington?? I think not, it means nothing. Cower built a great team around him and yes he played a great season, and hasn't since.
Oh forgot to mention, "Super Bowl rings means nothing". Isn't that what they play for all season?? I think Tarkington, Kelly and McNabb would disagree with you. You don't go to the Super Bowl to lose.
da birds

Slatington, PA

#29 Dec 31, 2007
sit him down wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh forgot to mention, "Super Bowl rings means nothing". Isn't that what they play for all season?? I think Tarkington, Kelly and McNabb would disagree with you. You don't go to the Super Bowl to lose.
so you are saying Jim Plunkett was a better quarterback than Dan Marino? He has a ring? My analogy must have gone over your head. It was about one quarterback having a superbowl ring and that automaticaly does not make him better than one that doesn't.
da birds

Slatington, PA

#31 Dec 31, 2007
truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>you must be a crackhead , they will get swept by dallas next year. When is the last time he has truely been healthy. When has he had a great year. I dont knock you for liking him, but you need to be realistic... thats the biggest problems with eagles fan , no matter how bad or avg there team or player is they always think they are the best. Mcnabb is avg at best and next year wont be in the 10 either....
McNabb has had some great years for the Eagles, check some of your ESPN stats they will tell you. Yes they never won the big one. Niether did many other teams with good quarterbacks. and to your quote "thats the biggest problems with eagles fan , no matter how bad or avg there team or player is they always think they are the best" isn't that what being a fan is all about? you should tell that to the season ticket holders for the lions, browns, bengals, cardinals, raiders, Jets, Dolphins and others...you have to believe! that's what makes you a fan.
Happy New Year from an Eagles Fan!
sit him down

Philadelphia, PA

#33 Dec 31, 2007
da birds wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are saying Jim Plunkett was a better quarterback than Dan Marino? He has a ring? My analogy must have gone over your head. It was about one quarterback having a superbowl ring and that automaticaly does not make him better than one that doesn't.
Anal what??

everywhere

#34 Dec 31, 2007
GO E-A-G-L-E-S wrote:
<quoted text>OH AND BY THE WAY YA BETTER LOOK IN THE MIRROR. BECAUSE DON'T THE DALLAS PLAYERS THINK THEIR TEAM IS THE BEST. i THINK THE PATRIOTS ARE A LITTLE BETTER. OH AND ALSO THE COLTS.(AND WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT THE EAGLES ALSO) GO E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!
i am not a dallas fan, but they have been to 8 super bowls...its not about always thinking your team is the best even when they suck, be realistic. may want to check your stats eagles have beat dallas 42 times and lost to them 52 . dallas has won 32 post season games philly has won 13 in same time period. You really dont want to compare the eagles history to the cowboys. Not to mention mcnabb has only started every game once since 2002.. You may want to check this out... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/p...
sit him down

Philadelphia, PA

#35 Dec 31, 2007
truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>i am not a dallas fan, but they have been to 8 super bowls...its not about always thinking your team is the best even when they suck, be realistic. may want to check your stats eagles have beat dallas 42 times and lost to them 52 . dallas has won 32 post season games philly has won 13 in same time period. You really dont want to compare the eagles history to the cowboys. Not to mention mcnabb has only started every game once since 2002.. You may want to check this out... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/p...
Amen!! 10 years from now we will be watching ESPN classics and we will see the highlights of teams that won Super Bowls. Not the teams that lost or didn't make it. Maybe they will have something about a Quarterback that can throw for 350 yards a game but not score Td's in the red zone or pukes in the middle of a game.
Fred

United States

#36 Dec 31, 2007
Chad Johnson will ba a Eagle next year.
Dallass cowgirls will be out of the playoffs in the second round and the Eagles will own the NFC next year!

everywhere

#37 Dec 31, 2007
Fred wrote:
Dallass cowgirls will be out of the playoffs in the second round and the Eagles will own the NFC next year!
hhahahahahaha huhuhuh hahahaha
hahahahah huhuhuhuh hahahahahahahahahahahahah that is as funny as it gets
sit him down

Philadelphia, PA

#38 Dec 31, 2007
Fred wrote:
typical eagles fan. Always Next Year. Eagles couldn't handle TO how are they going to handle Chad's ego. Also even if the cowboys suck next year you have 2 other teams in the NFC east division that are in the playoffs to contend with.
Fred

United States

#40 Jan 1, 2008
Romo is a joke he will fall apart (Butterfingers)its playoff time.
Time will tell that McNabb was a much better QB.

everywhere

#41 Jan 1, 2008
GO E-A-G-L-E-S wrote:
<quoted text>You compare how many super bowls dallas won to how many mcnabb won. Why don't you compare romo to mcnabb to be fair.
you really are stupid, i compare dallas as a team to the eagles as a team. I pointed out how macnabb hasnt been healthy. I also pointed out how dallas beat philadelphia more than then philly beat them. Romo has only played a couple season. Where was romo this year , where was mcnabb, where was romo last year where was mcnabb? Romo has made it work with TO mcnabb couldnt. Why, because mcnabb like to is all about the me factor. Keep the faith eagles will finish last again next year...
Westbrook

Venice, FL

#42 Jan 1, 2008
Fred wrote:
Romo is a joke he will fall apart (Butterfingers)its playoff time.
Time will tell that McNabb was a much better QB.
Fred,Fred. Please, lets not compare Romo to McSuck. Keep buying your McSuck Jerseys but lets no go there. McSuck can't even make half of the passes Romo or any other QB can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashton Youboty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Youboty impressive in his surprise start (Aug '08) Aug '08 ej houston 1
News Bills sign CB Butler to plug leaky defense; rel... (Sep '07) Sep '07 styles 1
News IU's Hardy plays the pros (Aug '07) Aug '07 College Graduate 22
Ashton Youboty (Jan '07) Jan '07 Wayne 1
News Bills to Open Camp Minus 2 1st-Round Picks (Jul '06) Jul '06 Gene Longwell 1
More from around the web