Eagles go out on an up note

Eagles go out on an up note

There are 34 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 31, 2007, titled Eagles go out on an up note. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Their modest goal of a season-ending, three-game winning streak achieved, the Eagles headed into the offseason Sunday evening after their coach made a pledge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
d-ceved

Allentown, PA

#2 Dec 31, 2007
...this was a game of two colosal LOSERS. One team heavily beat-up with injuries (Bills) and another who is the leader of losing across the board in all professional sports, the toilet of philly...
No one watched this game yesterday, there were meaningful games on TV during this loser-fest.
I am so glad the eagles are home AGAIN for the playoffs, they can SHUT-UP and COLOR!!
One good thing, you won't see the eagles jerseys, flags, and players around for many months... eagles fans are the worst in the country--- born losers who keep coming back for more.
They lose so many games, I love watching them blow leads and not finish games (I don't think fat-butt andy reid knows that there are 4 quarters in a game)... thanks for the entertainment !!! They are definitely fun to watch LOSE!!
Joe

Crowley, TX

#3 Dec 31, 2007
Philly and Washington could beat any team in the league right now. Too bad they didn't get it together a little sooner. The G-men are just getting into it with some character and the Boys are gonna get it together. The NFC East is the stiffest competition in football. To lose there is no disgrace. It just happens.....Go Redskins and Boys...
eugene

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Dec 31, 2007
d-ceved wrote:
...this was a game of two colosal LOSERS. One team heavily beat-up with injuries (Bills) and another who is the leader of losing across the board in all professional sports, the toilet of philly...
No one watched this game yesterday, there were meaningful games on TV during this loser-fest.
I am so glad the eagles are home AGAIN for the playoffs, they can SHUT-UP and COLOR!!
One good thing, you won't see the eagles jerseys, flags, and players around for many months... eagles fans are the worst in the country--- born losers who keep coming back for more.
They lose so many games, I love watching them blow leads and not finish games (I don't think fat-butt andy reid knows that there are 4 quarters in a game)... thanks for the entertainment !!! They are definitely fun to watch LOSE!!
YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE,YOU SORRY MAN!!!

“northwoods project ,google it”

Since: Mar 07

everywhere

#5 Dec 31, 2007
GO E-A-G-L-E-S wrote:
The eagles will be back better than ever next year!! Every one will be healthy and they WILL stomp the cowgirls!! Romo h0m0 played good last night(ha ha) and thats that. Wait till he gets to the playoffs and gets pounded.
you are kidding? other than westbrook the team is lacking talent. THere last couple wins actually hurt there draft position. Wr below avg qb avg defense avg and you think they will stomp anyone.. They are 2 years away from the 1st overall pick at this rate
Westbrook

Ruskin, FL

#7 Dec 31, 2007
Out on a up note?? Every bad team does this every year. They have nothing to lose so they put it all out there just to win a game. Maybe they need to do this every year all year long. There is no bright spot for next year with McSuck at QB. Over the last 5 years they have proved that they are better without him. PLEASE LET HIM GO!!!

everywhere

#8 Dec 31, 2007
GO E-A-G-L-E-S wrote:
<quoted text>Dude you need to shush up because if you think that mcnabb is only average you don't know a thing about the game of football.
he is avg at best I was being nice... Lets see there 32 starting qbs, The top 8 would be in the good , bottom 8 bad anyone inbetween avg, So lets I will name who is better than Mcpukie , Favre, Romo, Brady , Manning, Delhomme, Garrard, breese, Hassleback, Anderson, lienhart, the other manning and big ben roth also carson palmer. Now you may argue 1 or 2 of them but there is no way he is in the top 8. That was just a quick ramble also . I am sure I could find a few more. He took his team to 8-8 record avg, the are picking about 16th avg yahoo has him ranked 12th again that is avg, he is 13th in passing yards si ranks mcpukie 12th espn has his qb rating at 9th again avg at best. Anthor year older he will only be worse
Westbrook

Ruskin, FL

#9 Dec 31, 2007
I was just watching ESPN and they had nothing but great things to say about McSuck. Face it he will be back next year because the NFL and the media have been pushing for so long if he left they would have to admit they were wrong. I mean this guy has done nothing wrong according to the media. What is going on?? He is avg at best is right. He is a great back up.
Northwest Allentown

Slatington, PA

#11 Dec 31, 2007
d-ceved wrote:
You need to get some counseling, you have a lot of built up hostilities.
Are you the guy at the Redner's quick shoppe this am that beat up his girlfriend? did she tell you she was an Eagles fan? check the stats tuff guy, the Eagles are in the top 10 in offence and defense in the league. They are much better than their record shows, just had a bad start and some bad luck. Oh and home AGAIN for the playoffs? out of the last 10 years they only missed the playoffs maybe 2-3 times?

Macungie, PA

#12 Dec 31, 2007
Maybe the Eagles need to establish their own "fiscal" season.

Then it wont matter how they perform during the regular season.

Also, if after this year, they keep Andy Reid, then the stupidity goes all the way to the top.

Maybe Steinbrenner should buy a football team.

everywhere

#13 Dec 31, 2007
GO E-A-G-L-E-S wrote:
People with opinions that know nothing and mean nothing! At best and oh truth seeker learn a little better spelling!
wow great comeback!!! not!!!!
Flyers Fan

Souderton, PA

#14 Dec 31, 2007
Lots of humorous comments here. I'm not fully convinced that McNabb is completely back, but if he plays and throws passes like he has in the last 3 weeks and the off season to heal even more, we should be in good shape. One request, a top #1 WR. We need to another TO type for those decoy plays. The D needs some rebuilding, but one that impressed me the last two weeks is Stewart Bradley. Where was he all season? As well as Akeem Jordon? Going back to the receiving core, I hope Celak gets the starting role @ TE. There is a lot to look forward to and a lot to work on. All in all i'm excited for next year. All of you whining, negative, complaining folks need to get layed or pound a beer or something. For now, it's Flyers hockey season. It's as rough as football and they actaully drop gloves and continue to play all bang up w/ missing teeth and fractured eye sockets, LOL! Nothing like getting stitched up and put back into the game w/in 15 minutes.

everywhere

#15 Dec 31, 2007
GO E-A-G-L-E-S wrote:
People with opinions that know nothing and mean nothing! At best and oh truth seeker learn a little better spelling!
nice thing is , I did give you opinion but my opinions are backed up by yahoo ranking, Sports illustrated rankings and espn rankings. Are they all wrong? Or could it be you blind eagle fans that are wrong
da birds

Slatington, PA

#16 Dec 31, 2007
truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>nice thing is , I did give you opinion but my opinions are backed up by yahoo ranking, Sports illustrated rankings and espn rankings. Are they all wrong? Or could it be you blind eagle fans that are wrong
your rankings are only based on this years results, McNabb was playing injured most of the season. While I agree he is no Brett Farve, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. I would however question all of the others on your list. Let's compare them to career stats? not just this year. Do you honestly think Eli Manning will be as good? Matt Lienart? Jake Delomme? I don't think Ben R. is?
Keep seeking the truth because the shat you are sholveling here ain't it!
da birds

Slatington, PA

#18 Dec 31, 2007
shoveling....before the grammer police arrive

everywhere

#19 Dec 31, 2007
da birds wrote:
<quoted text>
your rankings are only based on this years results, McNabb was playing injured most of the season. While I agree he is no Brett Farve, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. I would however question all of the others on your list. Let's compare them to career stats? not just this year. Do you honestly think Eli Manning will be as good? Matt Lienart? Jake Delomme? I don't think Ben R. is?
Keep seeking the truth because the shat you are sholveling here ain't it!
we arent talking history. I think d mac at one time was great. I think at one time he was in the top 5 of his time m aybe top 3. We are talking right now. Where will he be next year. yes next year and in the future I would take everyone on that list over mcnabb. In the past maybe not . He isnt a top 10 qb anymore. He missed a few games thats fine so did some of the other guys. Where would lienart or delhomme been if they werent injured. Where would russel have been if he would have played. You cant play the could a would a should a game. Just going by factual numbers nother more. His qb rating just is one of the most fair and that doesnt have him that high. No not a cowanoying fan. Of the list i listed tell me you would keep mcpukie over any of those guys.
da birds

Slatington, PA

#20 Dec 31, 2007
Absolutely would keep McNabb....no question...and I have said this all season I am not a fair weather fan.
I would bet he will be a top 10 next year even if he isn't with the Eagles. Lienart, Delhomme, brees, Eli Manning, Hasselback, Garrad and Anderson will all be part of next years quarterback controversy
Wiser Time

Whitehall, PA

#21 Dec 31, 2007
truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text> Anthor year older he will only be worse
Like Brett Favre?

everywhere

#22 Dec 31, 2007
Wiser Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Brett Favre?
im not a favre fan , but he has seemed to have gotten better with time. Look at the season he had. I hope he wins the bowl and retires
sit him down

Souderton, PA

#24 Dec 31, 2007
Wiser Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Brett Favre?
How the he*l can you compare Farve and McNabb?? McInjured missed how many games through his 10 year career?? How many games has Farve missed in 17 years?? I'm not a fan of Farves but there is no comparison. McNabb has about 2 years left in him. Of coarse he stick around longer as a back-up. I would campare McNabb more to McNair. And NO it is not a black thing. And someone mentioned something about Big Ben. He's been inconsisted but he has a Super Bowl ring.
da birds

Slatington, PA

#25 Dec 31, 2007
sit him down wrote:
<quoted text>
How the he*l can you compare Farve and McNabb?? McInjured missed how many games through his 10 year career?? How many games has Farve missed in 17 years?? I'm not a fan of Farves but there is no comparison. McNabb has about 2 years left in him. Of coarse he stick around longer as a back-up. I would campare McNabb more to McNair. And NO it is not a black thing. And someone mentioned something about Big Ben. He's been inconsisted but he has a Super Bowl ring.
I think the comparison was of age not ability, someone said McNabb will be older and worse. As far a Rothlisberger yeah he has a ring...so does Jim Plunket..so what..is Plunkett and Rothlisberger better than Marino? Fran Tarkington?? I think not, it means nothing. Cower built a great team around him and yes he played a great season, and hasn't since.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashton Youboty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Youboty impressive in his surprise start (Aug '08) Aug '08 ej houston 1
News Bills sign CB Butler to plug leaky defense; rel... (Sep '07) Sep '07 styles 1
News IU's Hardy plays the pros (Aug '07) Aug '07 College Graduate 22
Ashton Youboty (Jan '07) Jan '07 Wayne 1
News Bills to Open Camp Minus 2 1st-Round Picks (Jul '06) Jul '06 Gene Longwell 1
More from around the web