Raiders live chat today at 2:30 p.m. to discuss Dennis Allen

Full story: Inside The Oakland Raiders

If he turned us down for a DB Coach position in his hometown, I assuming we didn't offer him DC.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2012

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

RAIDERS 2012!!!
No More HC Changes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Stick with him even if another 8-8 looms...need to build continuity...

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

No More HC Changes wrote:
Stick with him even if another 8-8 looms...need to build continuity...
what if it's 4-12 or 5-11? what if it's 6-10 in 2013? would you say we're getting better? im telling you, expectations are kind of high for d allen. but if he makes an 7-9 his first year or 8-8 and better? he's in!

RAIDERS 2012!!!

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

At this point, you have to stick with him no matter what his record. WE can't take any more HC changes. With Reggie coming in and getting a new HC (along with his staff) it's kinda like starting over--not quite as bad, but still.......

If he goes 8-8 or worse, then why the HELL did Reggie fire Hue. As far as I'm concerned, Hue went 8-8 in his first year and would have improved in his second year. Anything less than 8 victories is a step backwards.....temporary, I'm sure. Reggie wants to start from the ground up and build this organization. I'm fine with that because I'm sure when he's done, it will be stronger than ever. However, that type of rebuilding takes years. After the excitement of the last 2 seasons under Cable & Hue, I was hoping for this team to take a shot at the SB in 2012--NO, NOT "MAKE THE PLAYOFFS"---anybody can make the playoffs---my sister can make the playoffs---Hell, Denver made the playoffs at 8-8.

I want this team to go to the SB.

Well, we'll see what happens. I'm curious to see what players they keep LOL.
Stick It out

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>what if it's 4-12 or 5-11? what if it's 6-10 in 2013? would you say we're getting better? im telling you, expectations are kind of high for d allen. but if he makes an 7-9 his first year or 8-8 and better? he's in!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Agree with Zild...the constant changes are not helping...it probably will be another 8-8 so why make yet another change...

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

yeah, we'll ride it out. but hopefully for not another three yrs. think positive think positive think positve think think think positive positive.
think?
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Raiderfaith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Think the coaching misyake we made was getting rid of Cable. Hue I understood getting rid of. Hue couldn't minimize penalties or get the team to play in the second half of games..both of those fall on him. Plus he seemed to have lost half the locker room which explains the end of season meltdown. We need allen to get the raiders playing 4qtrs and minimize the #of penalties...then we will be on the path to the playoffs.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

unlike hue jackson, cable needed another year as well. but i was okay with cables release to get hue jackson. i was not okay with jacksons release, but, IT IS WHAT IT IS! now it's all about dennis allen and? cross your fingers RAIDER nation!
RAIDERS 2012???
Flush Twice

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

IT IS WHAT IT IS! now it's all about dennis allen and? cross your fingers RAIDER nation!
RAIDERS 2012???
Its a long way to go with that big turd
Joker and Gomer Pile

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

The days of finger-banging old Mary Jane Rottencrotch through her purty pink panties are over thats for sure...

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

(LOL),the mistery is, we're getting a coach with no head coaching experience, i'd been more comfortable if he was interviewed by al davis, cause they say al could do a mean interview, i mean, these guys were seriously nervous when interviewing with AL.(just ask gruden), but everything is just about sitting back and letting the "NEW RAIDER THANG" take it's course! they hvae to show RAIDER nation that they are for real. i haven't heard the full introduction. i don't exactly know what dennis allen said to spark hope for the nation.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

(LOL),the mistery is, we're getting a coach with no head coaching experience, i'd been more comfortable if he was interviewed by al davis, cause they say al could do a mean interview, i mean, these guys were seriously nervous when interviewing with AL.(just ask gruden), but everything is just about sitting back and letting the "NEW RAIDER THANG" take it's course! they hvae to show RAIDER nation that they are for real. i haven't heard the full introduction. i don't exactly know what dennis allen said to spark hope for the nation.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
BUTTTTTTT
You are getting a coach who baited Favre into throwing an interception in the NFC Title game a few years ago. He was the secondary coach of the Saints.
Maybe he can bait Palmer into throwing more interceptions,
The more the merrier.
Good Bad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Wonder what happened after that Steelers game...that defense sucked vs the Pats...

We all know why Teblow sucked...inconsistent noodle arm....
Film at 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Never mind...spy cameras...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

All Cheatriot staff members have GoPro's rolling 24/7

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Stick It out wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with Zild...the constant changes are not helping...it probably will be another 8-8 so why make yet another change...
hue jackson said, "at this point, nobody's job is safe" can you imagine? the staff knows they are most likely they are going to lose their job after the nfl draft? why wait? why linger? some of those coaches left. but there are all those al davis RAIDER staff still lingering in there waiting to see if they are next. i doubt their office is going to be "RAIDER based staff" of old. it's probably going to be green and gold inside. kingd of like an oreo, white on the inside black on the outside!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Snacks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

<quoted text>it's probably going to be green and gold inside. kingd of like an oreo, white on the inside black on the outside!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
lmao...maybe even one of those fudge pop tarts...with the white frosting (Allen)...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Asante Samuel Discussions

Search the Asante Samuel Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atlanta has healed from Vick days (Jan '13) Feb '13 Vick Hater 102
Falcons' Asante Samuel adopts strange nickname (Jan '13) Jan '13 pete 1
Carson Palmer takes the blame for Sunday's loss... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Knapp Time 6
Sorry Eagles fold to Cards (Nov '11) Jan '12 Angry-Bird 597
Dallas can be scary foe for Eagles' Reid (Oct '11) Oct '11 Steamedfarts 5
Eagles make Samuel available for trade (Oct '11) Oct '11 Posefarts 2
Tim's Take: News and notes from Eagles camp (Aug '11) Aug '11 Shadoz 16
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••