The Eagles have a chance to be Giants...

The Eagles have a chance to be Giants killers.

There are 39 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 5, 2009, titled The Eagles have a chance to be Giants killers.. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Asante Samuel returned an interception 43 yards for a touchdown, and Brian Westbrook turned a screen pass into a 71-yard TD Sunday to lead the Eagles to a 26-14 NFC wild-card round playoff victory over the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Plaxico in Dallas in 09

Bethlehem, PA

#23 Jan 5, 2009
JSH wrote:
<quoted text>
I like his "hot dog tactics". Season passes???? You crack me up! LOL
I liked the guy (I believe Clemmons) that slammed Jackson in the end zone during the interception return.
Jim

United States

#24 Jan 5, 2009
Sherlock wrote:
<quoted text>What hotdog tactics? I still have no clue what you are talking about. He picked of a pass ran it back about 70 yards and scored! You are a moron you cant back up your BS so you then pick on some spelling. Go away you Know Nothing About Football MORON!
Look at post #21. At least JSH takes it comically. Forget tickits, tickets, passes, whatever.

Before crossing the goal line he showed the trailing defender the ball (not in his face like maybe you would think) and this was replayed a couple of times and tv announcers mentioned it. Shortly after that, tv showed Reid talking to Samuel. Of course I do not know what he was saying to him (neither of them were smiling)but can't you accept the fact that, possibly, he said something to the tune of, "You don't show up other players like that." Isn't that a possibility? I certainly can accept the fact that maybe he wasn't saying anything like that at all.

gdd

Wilkes Barre, PA

#25 Jan 5, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Believe it or not, this is the first year that I've heard of him and I watch pretty much pro football. Thought he was a rookie. My mistake, but he acts like one. I don't see anyone disputing his hot dog tactics. My wife, who has season passes for the past 23 years, doesn't even like him. And no, I have not been going to Eagles home games for the past 23 years. Don't care to watch football at the stadium, so we've compromised on the number of games that I will chauffer her.
Dude put the crack pipe down and wait a couple hours then read your post to see what an azz you sound like!!
Huff

Allentown, PA

#26 Jan 5, 2009
Go Giants
Curious Questioner

Bath, PA

#27 Jan 6, 2009
This is a tough one. I get enjoyment watching Eagles fans in misery when the go turncoat on their team like they do every year. At the same time, I can't stand the Giants. They can't even pick one state from which to herald. Are they from New York or New Jersey? Either way, I don't like their NYC roots. Too many rude guido and gang types associated with them for me.

Hmmmm.....is there a way both can lose?
Andy Reid

Kernersville, NC

#28 Jan 6, 2009
TO HUFF..........you and all Giants fans are small minded dopes !
GIANTS

United States

#29 Jan 6, 2009
BOYS IN BLUE... Eagles we will see u sunday... be ready!! Giants all day!!!
Lord Downie

Orange Park, FL

#30 Jan 7, 2009
It is quite funny how many Giants fans have suddenly popped up in the Valley after last season. But EVERY ONE will tell you they have been a fan forever.
what crap

Bethlehem, PA

#31 Jan 7, 2009
Eagles were lucky to get INTO the playoffs and beat a lousy team last week ...We will see what they are made of on Sunday....
gdd

Wilkes Barre, PA

#32 Jan 7, 2009
what crap wrote:
Eagles were lucky to get INTO the playoffs and beat a lousy team last week ...We will see what they are made of on Sunday....
They beat the gaints last meeting, they rolled the cowboys, So i wouldn't run your mouth yet!
Plaxico in Dallas in 09

Bethlehem, PA

#33 Jan 9, 2009
Lord Downie wrote:
It is quite funny how many Giants fans have suddenly popped up in the Valley after last season. But EVERY ONE will tell you they have been a fan forever.
Yeah it always works that way. I remember the year the Titans went to the Superbowl againg the Rams greatest show on turf team. I worked at a Sporting Goods store at the time and you would be amazed at how many Rams and Titans fans came out of hiding or put thier clothes in the closet of the team that made the Superbowl the year before.

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#34 Jan 9, 2009
Get your kleenex ready Philth-a-delphia fans.
Its going to be a very sad day Sunday.
They're all going to forget how pathetic McNabb has been all year because they got false hope from the recent poorly played games that resulted in Eagles wins.

I'm so glad I'm far enough from the cesspool uh, I uh, mean city, not to be affected by their riots and looting, and mass stupidity.

PREPARE FOR FAILURE!

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall

#35 Jan 9, 2009
I guess you have never been to NYC if you think Philly is dirty
republican_bob wrote:
They're all going to forget how pathetic McNabb has been all year because they got false hope from the recent poorly played games that resulted in Eagles wins.
I'm so glad I'm far enough from the cesspool uh, I uh, mean city, not to be affected by their riots and looting, and mass stupidity.
PREPARE FOR FAILURE!
MR BOTTSWADDLE

Washington, DC

#36 Jan 9, 2009
Phila. wins this game by 10 pts....they are the hot team in the NFL right now.

2008 SUPER BOWL

EAGLES vs. RAVENS

Brookhaven PA

#37 Jan 9, 2009
fatboy2 wrote:
I guess you have never been to NYC if you think Philly is dirty
<quoted text>
theyre equally dirty,, nyc is just bigger.
AND NOT BANKRUPT!
NICE JOB MAYOR STREET!

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Whitehall

#38 Jan 9, 2009
And then McNabb pukes? I am a Philly fan but I am taking it one game at a time
MR BOTTSWADDLE wrote:
Phila. wins this game by 10 pts....they are the hot team in the NFL right now.
2008 SUPER BOWL
EAGLES vs. RAVENS

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Whitehall

#39 Jan 9, 2009
I believe they are too but I am not certain
republican_bob wrote:
<quoted text>
theyre equally dirty,, nyc is just bigger.
AND NOT BANKRUPT!
NICE JOB MAYOR STREET!
Lord Downie

Orange Park, FL

#40 Jan 12, 2009
republican_bob wrote:
PREPARE FOR FAILURE!
What were you saying?

Brookhaven PA

#41 Jan 12, 2009
Lord Downie wrote:
<quoted text>
What were you saying?
im glad they won, but they'll still have to UP the consistency level a lot more for me to start expecting it.
just because your wife's junkie cousin in law has kept a job for 3 months doesnt mean he's going to have it next month...
philadelphia doesnt produce consistent results.
they might win against arizona next week but im not naive enough to expect it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asante Samuel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atlanta has healed from Vick days (Jan '13) Feb '13 Vick Hater 102
News Falcons' Asante Samuel adopts strange nickname (Jan '13) Jan '13 pete 1
News Carson Palmer takes the blame for Sunday's loss... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Knapp Time 6
News Raiders live chat today at 2:30 p.m. to discuss... (Jan '12) Feb '12 Snacks 17
News Sorry Eagles fold to Cards (Nov '11) Jan '12 Angry-Bird 597
News Dallas can be scary foe for Eagles' Reid (Oct '11) Oct '11 Steamedfarts 5
News Eagles make Samuel available for trade (Oct '11) Oct '11 Posefarts 2
More from around the web