The Eagles have a chance to be Giants...

The Eagles have a chance to be Giants killers.

There are 39 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 5, 2009, titled The Eagles have a chance to be Giants killers.. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Asante Samuel returned an interception 43 yards for a touchdown, and Brian Westbrook turned a screen pass into a 71-yard TD Sunday to lead the Eagles to a 26-14 NFC wild-card round playoff victory over the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Twinkie the Kid

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Jan 5, 2009
As long as there are no twinkies strapped to the goal posts, thye should be able to keep Jacobs in check. The rest of the team stinks anyway.
RESIDENT

Harleyville, SC

#2 Jan 5, 2009
Yeah.....Ok, be prepared for the usual eagles disapointment like every year. Just run out and buy all your shirts and hats so you can all wear them for one week.

Since: Nov 08

Slatington, PA

#3 Jan 5, 2009
The Eagles will have to play much better if they hope to beat the Giants.
Andy Reid

Greensboro, NC

#4 Jan 5, 2009
I hate all Giant Fans !!! We will get you next week !!!
Flyers Fan

Souderton, PA

#5 Jan 5, 2009
mac in Lehigh Twp wrote:
The Eagles will have to play much better if they hope to beat the Giants.
That's what I thought the last two meetings and they barely lost the first time and won the second so what is your point?
gdd

Wilkes Barre, PA

#6 Jan 5, 2009
RESIDENT wrote:
Yeah.....Ok, be prepared for the usual eagles disapointment like every year. Just run out and buy all your shirts and hats so you can all wear them for one week.
You hope right!

“In it for the long haul!”

Since: Sep 08

Slatington, PA

#7 Jan 5, 2009
I feel the more time off from the field like the Giants have the more they fall into a relaxed situation, like last year the Giants had no time off and they did well, so like the Eagles they will make it to the super bowl, Twinkies to the goal post for Andy, if it makes them win, TWINKIES, TASTYCAKES, and GENO'S CHEESESTEAKS, get the duct tape out and start placing them on the posts..Seems like they are all fearing their jobs eh??? and keep the beard ANDY makes you look slimmer
Sarah

Bangor, PA

#9 Jan 5, 2009
Let's go EAGLES!!! We can win this!!

All Giants' fans seem to think they were GREAT last year!!
Jim

Allentown, PA

#10 Jan 5, 2009
Congrats to the Eagles for moving on.

A little advice for Asante Manuel: What are you doing even talking about maybe being in the Hall Of Fame? This is your first year. First practice a little humility. You don't show the ball to a trailing defending player before taking it over the goal line and you don't get into the face of a former Eagles' assistant even though he is coaching your opponent. Another first year hot dog.

“NFL + NCAA Football!!”

Since: Dec 08

Annandale, VA

#11 Jan 5, 2009
For purely selfish reasons I'm happy the Eagles won. The Eagles can beat New York; the Cardinals would have had nearly zero chance against the G-men. I think the Giants are the most dangerous team in the NFC, so, as an AFC fan, I want New York gone asap. Go Eagles!
Lord Downie

Orange Park, FL

#12 Jan 5, 2009
Jim wrote:
A little advice for Asante Manuel: What are you doing even talking about maybe being in the Hall Of Fame? This is your first year. First practice a little humility.
Another first year hot dog.
You mean Samuel? And 1st year? Someone please tell me this post was meant to be a joke.
Jim

Allentown, PA

#13 Jan 5, 2009
Lord Downie wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Samuel? And 1st year? Someone please tell me this post was meant to be a joke.
Sorry, I mis-spelled the name. Why would you think my post was a joke?
Ice-9

Allentown, PA

#14 Jan 5, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I mis-spelled the name. Why would you think my post was a joke?
Samuel has been in the league for a few years, just not with the Eagles. Pro Bowler in fact, with the Patriots. If you're going to root, or hate on the Eagles, please be factual.
do you watch football

Bath, PA

#15 Jan 5, 2009
Jim wrote:
Congrats to the Eagles for moving on.
A little advice for Asante Manuel: What are you doing even talking about maybe being in the Hall Of Fame? This is your first year. First practice a little humility. You don't show the ball to a trailing defending player before taking it over the goal line and you don't get into the face of a former Eagles' assistant even though he is coaching your opponent. Another first year hot dog.
Its Asante Samuel. He is not a rookie. He has 2 rings from his time with the Patriots. The clown who ran up to Brad Childress was Deshaun Jackson.
McNabulous

Bethlehem, PA

#17 Jan 5, 2009
McNabb and the Eagles will choke as usual. The G-Men will prevail and probably face Carolina in the Championship Game. Go Giants!

Cry Eagles Cry!
Jim

Allentown, PA

#18 Jan 5, 2009
Ice-9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Samuel has been in the league for a few years, just not with the Eagles. Pro Bowler in fact, with the Patriots. If you're going to root, or hate on the Eagles, please be factual.
Believe it or not, this is the first year that I've heard of him and I watch pretty much pro football. Thought he was a rookie. My mistake, but he acts like one. I don't see anyone disputing his hot dog tactics. My wife, who has season passes for the past 23 years, doesn't even like him. And no, I have not been going to Eagles home games for the past 23 years. Don't care to watch football at the stadium, so we've compromised on the number of games that I will chauffer her.
Sherlock

Allentown, PA

#19 Jan 5, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Believe it or not, this is the first year that I've heard of him and I watch pretty much pro football. Thought he was a rookie. My mistake, but he acts like one. I don't see anyone disputing his hot dog tactics. My wife, who has season passes for the past 23 years, doesn't even like him. And no, I have not been going to Eagles home games for the past 23 years. Don't care to watch football at the stadium, so we've compromised on the number of games that I will chauffer her.
You are an idiot! who calles season tickits a season pass? Stay in your hole you are making a fool of your self.
Jim

Allentown, PA

#20 Jan 5, 2009
Sherlock wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot! who calles season tickits a season pass? Stay in your hole you are making a fool of your self.
Who spells tickets,'tickits', calls 'calles' if you're going to be so nit-picking?

Still no one disputing Samuel's hot dog tactics. I must be right.

BTWGFY

JSH

Since: Nov 07

Macungie, PA

#21 Jan 5, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Who spells tickets,'tickits', calls 'calles' if you're going to be so nit-picking?
BTWGFY
I like his "hot dog tactics". Season passes???? You crack me up! LOL
Sherlock

Allentown, PA

#22 Jan 5, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Who spells tickets,'tickits', calls 'calles' if you're going to be so nit-picking?
BTWGFY
What hotdog tactics? I still have no clue what you are talking about. He picked of a pass ran it back about 70 yards and scored! You are a moron you cant back up your BS so you then pick on some spelling. Go away you Know Nothing About Football MORON!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asante Samuel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atlanta has healed from Vick days (Jan '13) Feb '13 Vick Hater 102
News Falcons' Asante Samuel adopts strange nickname (Jan '13) Jan '13 pete 1
News Carson Palmer takes the blame for Sunday's loss... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Knapp Time 6
News Raiders live chat today at 2:30 p.m. to discuss... (Jan '12) Feb '12 Snacks 17
News Sorry Eagles fold to Cards (Nov '11) Jan '12 Angry-Bird 597
News Dallas can be scary foe for Eagles' Reid (Oct '11) Oct '11 Steamedfarts 5
News Eagles make Samuel available for trade (Oct '11) Oct '11 Posefarts 2
More from around the web