DEVELOPING STORY: Vols beat Georgia 35-14.

In a make or break game, The Tennessee Volunteers caused a compound fracture. Tennessee jumped out to a 28-0 halftime lead and silenced the Bulldogs 35-14. Arian Foster started the scoring with a 9-yard ... Full Story
Brian

Hermitage, TN

#22 Oct 7, 2007
Give credit where it is due. I have bashed the coaching staff in recent weeks, but they obviously used the off week to do some soul-searching within themselves and the team. The game was total domination. I haven't seen our front seven manhandle a team like that in a long while. I'm still not sold 100% on Phil, but he and the team definitely made strides yesterday. We'll see where this win takes them.
pete

Knoxville, TN

#23 Oct 7, 2007
This game just shows what the Vols are capable of when they have a good gameplan. If we can just be consistent, I think we have a top tier team.

Go Big Orange!
Michael

Knoxville, TN

#24 Oct 7, 2007
The Vols will most likely win against Mississippi State as they are a joke, however their next few games will not be as easy as they have Alabama and then the ever hard South Carolina right afterwards.

The Vols offense wasn't really that impressive as they came into the game with a 34.5 AVG points scored per game which they are now at 34.6 AVG. What DID impress me was the defense. They had an AVG of 37.5 coming into this game which they are now at 32.8.

That's still alot of points to allow but if there defense shows up every game from here on out as they did against Georgia, they sure do have a shot at only losing one more game rather than three or four.

And for all of you Vol fans who think " what do you mean three or four " all I say is, Alabama, South Carolina ( ranked and alot better this year than TN the last two years which includes last nights TN game ), Arkansas and Kentucky.( though they lost last night, they are still an INCREDIBLE force to be reckoned with )

In any event, even though we only won in the last remaining moments, GO LSU!!!!!!!!!!
Fluke

Tazewell, TN

#25 Oct 7, 2007
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.
hire spurrier

Dade City, FL

#26 Oct 7, 2007
way to go vols
sports hater

Paducah, KY

#27 Oct 7, 2007
who cares? it is a wast of time anyway.
Uncle Fester

Ringgold, GA

#28 Oct 7, 2007
Fluke wrote:
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.
....and a blind Ottlewah hog will find a place to post...
Uncle Fester

Ringgold, GA

#29 Oct 7, 2007
Hmmm wrote:
Did anyone see big Phil getting fired up? I almost passed out. I think I heard.."I get to keep my job, I get to keep my job."
I thought he said, "I'll show them...I'll quit and they can hire old 0-5 Majors back"....What did Majors ever do for UT as a coach, Oh yeah,,won a national championship...at Pitt!
KarnsWasHere

Greer, SC

#30 Oct 7, 2007
Great game!
Jobe Leonard

Gainesboro, TN

#31 Oct 7, 2007
Tennessee fans and press suck. Leave Phil Fulmer alone. He is one of the best coaches in the country.

Much of the recent semi-demise of our program can be attributed to one thing. The Clausens. They are a family of losers and lost more games in their years here than any other quarterbacks.

Still don't think so? Look at Notre Dame who was "lucky" enough to get the youngest Clausen.

Bad recruiting, maybe. But Phil Fulmer needs to stay right where he is. There is not another coach in the country that could do a better job in Knoxville.
Bama

Nashville, TN

#32 Oct 7, 2007
You must be joking. I could give you a list of coaches that could come in and give UT championships. UT has too much talent to be where they are year after year. His style is so outdated. We need a coach with fresh new ideas. Check his record against top 15 teams and winning SEC teams. You'll find his percentages are just not that good.
Big Dog

Atlanta, GA

#33 Oct 7, 2007
Bama wrote:
You must be joking. I could give you a list of coaches that could come in and give UT championships. UT has too much talent to be where they are year after year. His style is so outdated. We need a coach with fresh new ideas. Check his record against top 15 teams and winning SEC teams. You'll find his percentages are just not that good.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
Uncle Fester

Ringgold, GA

#34 Oct 7, 2007
Bama wrote:
The Bear is gone.....do you want some cheese to go with that whine?????

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#35 Oct 7, 2007
Old-School wrote:
<quoted text>
I care and you suck big ole donkey johnsons!
Go hump the leg on what is left of the GA bulldogs.
thats funny
Tim

Houston, TX

#36 Oct 8, 2007
They did play a great game, way to go. Now my question is this, why didn't we or why couldn't we do this against Cal or Fla. Did we just learn to tackle this week, did we just learn to swarm the ball, did we just learn to perform on special teams. Wow, our coaches are great, they taught all the essentials to the TN football team's defense and special teams players in just 2 weeks what they had all spring and summer to do. Get real people, if they could motivate them for this game to save their job, they should have been motivated before the 1st game at Cal, they should always be motivated for Florida. We still need a change, because this fan does not believe the coaches can motivate them like this through every game for the rest of the year, maybe I am wrong, and I hope I am, but I don's see it.
Big Orange Girl

Gallatin, TN

#37 Oct 8, 2007
smt919 wrote:
WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!THEY SUCK
oh shut up and go back to Georgia!

Since: Aug 07

United States

#38 Oct 8, 2007
Big Orange Girl wrote:
<quoted text> oh shut up and go back to Georgia!
i am not from georgia nor do i care about football -- it is sad that they cut the news short to talk about college and high school football. it is ridiculous. doesnt anyone care about the titans ?? a real football team?? not to mention WHO CARES about high school football -- i think peoples prioritied are backwards -- there are more important things then football
WBW

Alpharetta, GA

#39 Oct 8, 2007
Thanks to all the fans who showed up at the game and brought the noise!!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#40 Oct 8, 2007
smt919 wrote:
<quoted text>
i am not from georgia nor do i care about football -- it is sad that they cut the news short to talk about college and high school football. it is ridiculous. doesnt anyone care about the titans ?? a real football team?? not to mention WHO CARES about high school football -- i think peoples prioritied are backwards -- there are more important things then football
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR
Jake

Asheville, NC

#41 Oct 8, 2007
This is proof that UT has talented players. What we need are coaches that can keep the players consistent. I hope Phil and the gang can deliver.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arian Foster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texans dump Jags, stay in postseason race Dec '14 Diarrhea Dave 2
Houstona s Foster criticizes Thursday night games Nov '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 8
Foster focused on making an impact on and off t... Nov '14 Fartimus Gordon 3
Foster unsure when hamstring will allow him to ... Nov '14 Larry 4
NFL Playoffs: Foster a threat for Pats (Jan '13) Nov '14 Joe 9
NFL: Bailey's OT kick lifts Cowboys over Texans... Oct '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Getting to Know the Enemy: Houston Texans Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
More from around the web