Tennessee loses to Alabama 41-17

Tennessee loses to Alabama 41-17

There are 183 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Oct 20, 2007, titled Tennessee loses to Alabama 41-17. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

DJ Hall had an Alabama record 13 catches as the Crimson Tide toppled Tennessee 41-17. Alabama had two surprises to start the game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Ball Less

Nashville, TN

#1 Oct 20, 2007
Third quarter. Fourth and two. Down by ten. Ball on the fifty. Punt!!!!!!!!!!

Down by twenty one. Nine minutes left. No huddle offense. Again no huddle offense. Three plays using twenty seconds each snap. Should of punted on first down.

About five minutes left. Fourth and three. No huddle offense. AGAIN NO HUDDLE OFFENSE. Alabama is not set on defense. Ok lets wait till the are ready. They are ready now. Hut! Hut! Fumble the snap. Oh good we picked the ball up. Now just throw it out of bounds! I forgot, we SHOULD OF PUNTED ON FIRST DOWN!
JZIM

Knoxville, TN

#2 Oct 20, 2007
Another typical year by Fulmer. Win the games we are supposed to and lose the big games. Was I the only one not fooled by the Georgia win?
Proud Republican

Paris, TN

#3 Oct 20, 2007
Back to sub 25 for UT XD!
SNAFUBAR

Galveston, TX

#4 Oct 20, 2007
Hmm. Tennessee fires Randy Sanders who moves on to Kentucky. Kentucky winds up competing for the East division lead. Tennessee doesn't fire Fulmer. Tennessee winds up competing for the East division basement. Way to go, Mike.
SEC Football in the modern era:
Kentucky = Contender
Tennessee = Pretender
concerned fan

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Oct 20, 2007
this is just another loss because of "our" team giving up and having no heart!no i'm not kicking them when they are down and yes the truth hurts.you could have marked it as a loss as soon as the onside kick blunder by the special teams.from that point on this team played with no pride nor confidence!you have to wonder every saturday what team is gonna show up.is it gonna be the team that soundly beat georgia or the team that gives up just like in the loss to florida or the on to cal.thank god we have a promising future for basketball thanks to coach Pearl and the players of the basketball team.hopefully coach Pearl will keep tighter grasp on his player on and off court so that we might actually get to see what they are capable of and not surrounded by controversy in dealing with another "idiot" blowing their chance for greatness at tennessee!our program needs to be as it once was and hopefully we can find our way back to being one of the top schools in the ncaa in all sports instead of being looked at like the kentucky of past!
Catherine

Knoxville, TN

#6 Oct 20, 2007
I am not even a fan of UT football, but it is obvious to me that it is time for Fulmer to move on!!!!
Roll Damn Tide

Shelbyville, TN

#7 Oct 20, 2007
I gotta hand it to Fulmer. He really had his boys ready to play.Satan,er Saban for President...
Michelle

AOL

#8 Oct 20, 2007
I really think the problem with the team is Hammy - not Fulmer. Things went downhill quickly after he took over. Look back over his time as AD. Maybe we are picking on Phil unfairly.
JZIM

Knoxville, TN

#9 Oct 20, 2007
Why does everyone like Phil?(besides playing at UT--who cares) Why do most people have his back??
Did you here his halftime comments!! I have never heard him put a complete sentence together.
JZIM

Knoxville, TN

#10 Oct 20, 2007
Michelle wrote:
I really think the problem with the team is Hammy - not Fulmer. Things went downhill quickly after he took over. Look back over his time as AD. Maybe we are picking on Phil unfairly.
So you are blaming the last few seasons on the AD?????
Roll Damn Tide

Shelbyville, TN

#11 Oct 20, 2007
Michelle wrote:
Jesus,god are you serious? The AD doesn't coach the team.... of course for that matter... no that's just mean.The blame for not having this team be any better than they are rests sqaurely on the shoulders of Fulmer.He recruits, he assigns scholarships,he coaches..... his fault.. not the AD.
Fire Fat Phil

Milan, TN

#12 Oct 20, 2007
Jabba the coach is on his last leg. I'm glad he made the $1 million donation because he hasn't even began to earn the smallest portion of his $2.1 million salary. And for you Tennessee fans who think Cutcliffe is the answer, go have another drink. It is time to clean house except for your WR coach and this is why:

If you watch USC you can see the youthful energy coming from the coaches, motivating their young athletes. We have a fat lard azz who claps after every miscue and you wonder why we are never prepared for big games.

Your time has come. Step down and retire with dignity. You have acheived a lot here at TN.
Hmmm

Nashville, TN

#13 Oct 20, 2007
Embarassing. Forget East Championship as your goal Fulmer. Beat either UF or UA. Better watch out for UK. If UK can have a top ten team. There is NO reason UT can't.
Michelle

AOL

#14 Oct 20, 2007
Not blaming Hammy, just suggesting that recruiting packages and scholarships are controlled by him, which can and has limited our talent. I think it is obvious he dislikes Phil, and will do nothing to aid Phil's efforts to improve talent, while behind the scenes trying to sink Phil. Right now his fair haired is Bruce because he brought him here. But just wait till he has a few bad seasons and see how Ham treats him.
Michael

Knoxville, TN

#15 Oct 20, 2007
I have to agree with Michelle on this one. To many people are coming down on Fulmer when this, though partly his fault, was no where near the fault of the defensive coordinators.

The defense that played last week against Georgia was impressive however that defense did not show up to play this week. The offense last week against Georgia wasn't that impressive as they went into the game with a 34.3 scoring AVG and walked away from Georgia with 35.

The defense that game was amazing however the defense this game was incredibly sad. They just let Bama have the field. Though you have to give credit to Bama with some of their strats. Kicking an onside kick as the kick off of the game was incredibly smart as no one was even remotely expecting it.

But back to Fulmer, and just like usual, all the fans will boo and blame Fulmer due to the fact that they lost. As soon as UT wins another game they will love Fulmer again but let them lose another and they will hate him yet again.

You all need to back up a bit from Fulmer and look at everything rather than just putting the blame solely on him when it wasn't all his fault.
Reba

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2007
Why does the same team not show up for each game?
The entire staff sould be replaced. We have played Johnny Majors football long enough! We must move on into another century and a more sophiisticated game of football. When do we get started?
or blues

Nashville, TN

#17 Oct 20, 2007
Good God...this post-game call-in show is the biggest bunch of apologists I've ever listened to. Quit making excuses (especially Overstreet, who is just horrible) and accept the fact you got your ass kicked. It's over for Fulmer. Case Closed!
35 year TN fan

Knoxville, TN

#18 Oct 20, 2007
Football season is over! Pat and Bruce may save the day. The 5 and 6 season 9413should have been our warning that this program is in serious trouble!
tennesseelee

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Oct 20, 2007
PLEASE RESIGN CHAVIS------we just can't continue with this lack of defensive coaching. FIRE JOHN CHAVIS.
Greg

United States

#20 Oct 20, 2007
I think today was probably the worst game Tenn has played since uh Fla ,Cal This team on the defensive side is horrible and Ala exposed lack of big play reciever on offence . Why did they pull Arian Foster in 2nd qtr ? he seemed to be in good groove running and catching the ball . Game changing play IMO 3rd and 1 Fulmer or Cutcliffe send Creer into game and he is tackled for loss and kills momentum before the half . oh well congrats to Saban for having his team ready to play .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arian Foster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Foster officially out for season with Achilles ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Houston's Mallett looks for turnaround against ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts taint 1
News Suh to Miami, Bulaga to Packers in free agency (Mar '15) Mar '15 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Texans dump Jags, stay in postseason race (Dec '14) Dec '14 Diarrhea Dave 2
News Houstona s Foster criticizes Thursday night games (Oct '14) Nov '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 6
News Foster focused on making an impact on and off t... (Sep '14) Nov '14 Fartimus Gordon 2
News Foster unsure when hamstring will allow him to ... (Sep '14) Nov '14 Larry 3
More from around the web