Vols eager to atone for Cal

Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer certainly has challenged his defense this week after the Vols dropped a 45-31 decision Saturday at California. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Moose

Atlanta, GA

#1 Sep 5, 2007
Sorry, but the enthusiasm has already fizzled out. After seeing the same thing year after year, you kinda give up, especially when you lose the first freakin game. If Fulmer loses more than one more game this year, ten bucks says he's on his way out...or should be.
fed up

Knoxville, TN

#2 Sep 6, 2007
Moose, you must be a very unhappy person to be willing to see what happens and be negative from the beginning. Just because Tn isn't a championship team doesn't mean you can't enjoy football.
Jake

Asheville, NC

#3 Sep 6, 2007
The game against Southern Miss will not be a test for TN's defense because Southern Miss is so bad. Our game against Florida will show whether Fulmer is improving the Vols. If our defense plays just as poorly against the Gators, then we know that Fulmer is blowing smoke.

“A fun Republican Folk Singer”

Since: Jul 07

Maryville

#4 Sep 6, 2007
Hey... all of us will agree the two best things about the Cal game were our QB and the TREE HUGGERS!

Even when we did our house of cards trick in the second half I still watched so I wouldn't miss these wild and crazy guys hanging by ropes!

Trees the school had planted (not old growth) and
were going to be cut then replaced 2 to 1 in another area after they did their construction were being
guarded like Fort Knox.

Phil drops three more and does not get in a bowl..guess what...we STILL live in the best spot on earth. No really, when was the last time you saw someone hugging a tree on Lake Ave?
A tree is for a bird, a board or the fire
place.

GO VOLS!

PS
I will pass on Saturday...too hot..too crowded...
and if it gets too close it could become too VIOLENT!
93eastrockeagle

United States

#5 Sep 6, 2007
Jake wrote:
The game against Southern Miss will not be a test for TN's defense because Southern Miss is so bad. Our game against Florida will show whether Fulmer is improving the Vols. If our defense plays just as poorly against the Gators, then we know that Fulmer is blowing smoke.
You pompus arze, we are going to bring Tenn down to earth and really give you clowns something to whine about. To say that Southern Miss is so bad is just rediculus. We played the same Cal team two years ago better than Tenn. 26-16. They were ranked 4 at the time so dont say they didnt have a good team then. I going to give u a few names to chew on until game time. Antwain Easterling is going to play his first game after being cleard this week by the ncaa clearinghouse fully qualified 5'11 195 4.4
our receivers are 6'2 210 rsfr Torris Magee 4.5 4star
Johdrick Morris 6'3 215 4.5 rs fr 3star our fullback Marcus Raines 6'3 260 4.5 4star For Defense 9 starters return from a unit that for the last 10 years is the number one scoring defense is all of college football. I cant wait to bust this orange bubble for u clowns.
RoJo TN

Smyrna, TN

#6 Sep 6, 2007
Hey 93eastrockeagle! Are you serious? I am not saying that Southern Miss is the worst team in the world but us TN fans can usually tell the level of competetion by the TV schedule. No one wanted to pick up the TN-Southern Miss game for TV that is why we have to order it on Pay-Per-View. That is not because TN is playing, it is because TN is playing Southern Miss. It is easy to have a good scoring defense when you play the level of competetion Southern Miss plays. Try doing that in the SEC & we will see you at the bottom of the conference standings right below Vandy.
john

Smyrna, TN

#7 Sep 6, 2007
Any way u look at it the vols suck,go tree lovers GO GATORS......

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8 Sep 6, 2007
Jake wrote:
Southern Miss is never bad imo. You better hope Cal is just that good or you boys might be in for a long game. Southern Miss is a decent football team year in and year out.
Charter Vol

Linden, TN

#9 Sep 6, 2007
93eastrockeagle wrote:
<quoted text>
You pompus arze, we are going to bring Tenn down to earth and really give you clowns something to whine about. To say that Southern Miss is so bad is just rediculus. We played the same Cal team two years ago better than Tenn. 26-16. They were ranked 4 at the time so dont say they didnt have a good team then. I going to give u a few names to chew on until game time. Antwain Easterling is going to play his first game after being cleard this week by the ncaa clearinghouse fully qualified 5'11 195 4.4
our receivers are 6'2 210 rsfr Torris Magee 4.5 4star
Johdrick Morris 6'3 215 4.5 rs fr 3star our fullback Marcus Raines 6'3 260 4.5 4star For Defense 9 starters return from a unit that for the last 10 years is the number one scoring defense is all of college football. I cant wait to bust this orange bubble for u clowns.
As a moderator of a popular message board I can say there is much truth and fire in the Eagles words of life & death. A test will be this Saturday...
Jake

Asheville, NC

#10 Sep 6, 2007
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Southern Miss is never bad imo. You better hope Cal is just that good or you boys might be in for a long game. Southern Miss is a decent football team year in and year out.
Southern Miss never bad??? hahahahaha

Southern Miss is about as talented as a bunch of mediocre high school players. Anyone who thinks Southern Miss is a challenging team has been out in that hot Mississippi sun too long drinking too much mint julep tea.

This Sat will be a scrimmage for UT. Our next real game will be on the 15th.

GO VOLS!
Charter Vol

Linden, TN

#11 Sep 6, 2007
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Southern Miss is about as talented as a bunch of mediocre high school players. Anyone who thinks Southern Miss is a challenging team has been out in that hot Mississippi sun too long drinking too much mint julep tea.
GO VOLS!
I want this on record. You don't even know Reggie Collier you phake-fan. How many seats did you buy from the TBA ? Sheep ! I guess you think everything will be fine after Phil & staff "look at the film" and "work like heck" huh ?

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#12 Sep 6, 2007
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
GO VOLS!
Thats what Michigan thought.
Charter Vol

Linden, TN

#13 Sep 6, 2007
Another thing UT wasn't so hot in their scrimages either so beware. I know, I'm a moderator of a popular message board. We are often at scrimages and practices and UT is down this season.

So is Mich, ND, and Fla. St ?

Do you watch football at all ? S.Miss has as good a chance as Ark. St. had against Texas and a better shot than Appy had with Mich.

Put down the kool-aid and read a sports page for once.
BigolWeener

Knoxville, TN

#14 Sep 6, 2007
Well, for the So. Miss fan to say that they played a better game against Cal a few years ago, I guess the same logic could be applied to the better game that UT played against them just last year? Yeah, So. Miss will be a good team, and will be ready to play, but don't get all retarded trying to justify your team. On a side note, perhaps our defense won't have as hard a time finding the game this week, since it will be right across the street. Go vols go.
vol-in-tears

Clinton, TN

#15 Sep 6, 2007
fed up wrote:
Moose, you must be a very unhappy person to be willing to see what happens and be negative from the beginning. Just because Tn isn't a championship team doesn't mean you can't enjoy football.
For many of us it isn't a loss that ruins the season but when one looks back several seasons and relives the comedy of errors caused by lack of preparation combined with arrest after arrest and the neverending stream of "back to fundamentals" and "pound the rock." It gets old. It is almost as if Fulmer has lost control of his program and has no clue how to right the ship.
I don't mind a loss in a hard fought and well played game, but losing because of stupid mistakes is an obvious symptom of lack of preparation. One game isn't normally an indicator of a bad season but I think we all know that Cal isn't all that.
That said, I would love for Coach Fulmer to prove me wrong but I really don't think that is gonna happen.
I think this is his last year too. The million dollar donation is typically done at the end of a career, rather than in the middle.

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#16 Sep 6, 2007
I expect Tennessee to win the game, but I wouldn't underestimate Southern Miss either. They are a very scrappy school that will play anyone, anytime, anywhere. Although it isn't saying much, Southern Miss has the best program in Mississippi.
Moose

Knoxville, TN

#17 Sep 6, 2007
fed up wrote:
LOL, yea I'm unhappy, along with tens of thousands of other Tennessee fans who are tired of lackluster seasons year after year while our coach inherits a $2,000,000 salary every year. With a salary like that, you better win some championships...soon.
Fred Hampton

Madison, NJ

#18 Sep 6, 2007
Charter Vol wrote:
Another thing UT wasn't so hot in their scrimages either so beware. I know, I'm a moderator of a popular message board. We are often at scrimages and practices and UT is down this season.
So is Mich, ND, and Fla. St ?
Do you watch football at all ? S.Miss has as good a chance as Ark. St. had against Texas and a better shot than Appy had with Mich.
Put down the kool-aid and read a sports page for once.
What the heck does "I'm a moderator of a popular message board" have to do with Tennessee Football???
just a football fan

Sugar Land, TX

#19 Sep 6, 2007
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
GO VOLS!
Jake, Thanks for the comments, you can be sure that the So. Miss. team will see them over and over before saturday. I noticed that you are in North Carolina, perhaps you are a bitter NC state fan. Remember, USM kicked their ass too.
Orange Sky Vol Fan

Linden, TN

#20 Sep 6, 2007
Can you imagine the stir up if the Vols get beat ? Gosh, I'm almost sad I sold my tix to a Southern Miss fan a few months ago. I got a great price for my Georgia tix this season too. Whoo hoo I make bank off the Vols. It's just more cash to spend at Michael's for me. Yeah, whatever they call it now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arian Foster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texans dump Jags, stay in postseason race Dec '14 Diarrhea Dave 2
Houstona s Foster criticizes Thursday night games Nov '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 6
Foster focused on making an impact on and off t... Nov '14 Fartimus Gordon 2
Foster unsure when hamstring will allow him to ... Nov '14 Larry 3
NFL Playoffs: Foster a threat for Pats (Jan '13) Nov '14 Joe 8
NFL: Bailey's OT kick lifts Cowboys over Texans... Oct '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Getting to Know the Enemy: Houston Texans Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
More from around the web