QB Jackson leaves game with bruised knee; Vikings still beat Ra...

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Vikings quarterback suffered a bruised right knee at the end of a run late in the first quarter of an exhibition game Saturday night at Baltimore and did not return.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CA Vike

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

Anybody wants to see what Brad saw in this kid go to this link and click on box score on each Alabama St. game (hopefully your that bored)...this guy had some impressive stats...he scores through the air and is an impressive runner also (hopefully Brad does not beat that out of him like they (Tice) did Duante)...he was not so impressive the year before but it just shows he gets better and better with age.

http://www.swac.org/swacftp/fbstats/0506/conf...

Yeah ..yeah ...yeah div. II...as my momma used to say "raw talent is as raw talent does."
CA Vike

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

One last thing....one freakin' thing I am not sold on is Chillywac...man he is so mindboggling...lol...I mean he just doesn't have the capability to know when and when not to throw that damn red flag! Rice had both feet in and it was a TD! He just needs to give the duty up...that was one of the things he needed to improve on this season on the laundry list of things to do so he doesn't single handily ruin our season. He has me worried once again..arrrghhhh!
sdh13

Willmar, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

william wrote:
"Mr Jackson has no touch whatsoever on a deep ball ... his accuracy is questionable on anything over 10 yards"
Uh, wasnt that a 23 yard TD pass? I might be mistaken though...
DUH !!!...if you would know anything about football that 23 yard td pass was badly overthrown to a guy standing wide open with nobody within 20 yards of him because of broken coverage ..DUH, you are an idiot ... DUH , if you would read the other posts also stating how the receiver had to make an acrobatic catch on that pass ... GLASS Jackson has no touch on any deep ball period ... DUH , you should quit being such a fricken homer ... you are over indulging yourself in the purple kool aid fella
Archangel

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

krswin wrote:
TJ will be fine and the offense will roll this year. Defense is what I am worried about.
Did anyone notice that former Viking Troy Williamson had ZERO catches for the Jags. Get used to it Jacksonville. He always looks good in practice, but disappears in games, then when he reappears he drops everything.
After all, who needs Troy Williamson when you can have Shiancoe???
Archangel

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

anne wrote:
for some reason it says i am from indy but i am not i am from MD lol how weird
I'm not from "Sartell, MN" either...
40for60

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

My 8 year old boy was worried about me when I was screaming at the television when TJ put his head down to get a couple of extra yards. You do that in the Super Bowl, or at least the playoffs, but not the frickin pre season.
Now they are reporting that he suffered a sprained medial collateral knee ligament, great.
TJ looked like he is progressing as planned, but now he could miss the rest of the preseason. It's been two steps forward and one back for Tarvaris so far.
I'm thinking of moving to Duluth so I can actually post from where I live.

team going nowhere

Hudson, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
After all, who needs Troy Williamson when you can have Shiancoe???
Yep one can't catch, and the other can't hold onto the ball
Old Vike

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

Shank did hang on to it last night for a first down.
40for60

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

Old Vike wrote:
And he looked pretty satisfied with himself too, LOL. Hopefully that catch was more indicative of how he will play this year.
purpleguy

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

40for60 has had the most pertinent point here. To stay healthy T-Jack has to be smart when he runs. No way do you take a direct hit, let alone multiple hits like he did on the play where he was hurt. More important, you don't do it in a pre season game.
Archangel

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
And he looked pretty satisfied with himself too, LOL. Hopefully that catch was more indicative of how he will play this year.
Lol!- Yeah, I noticed that too. And yep. It is only preseason. He doesn't need to push that hard.- See, that's the thing: It's never been a question, to me anyway, about if TJax is "aggressive" enough. He is. And I realize that he's young. BUT, a person can over-do it too. And really, along the same lines AD last season took a few nasty risks too. That hit on him by "Milli Vanilli" last season didn't look like no "accident" to me. It looked deliberate. Hey, can't prove it. But it really did look like it. And then hearing about those ***holes placing a "bounty" on it... Ah, that's bull$h!t, man. Now with an inexperienced QB there, don't you see them cranking-up the ol' "chop-blocks" a bit against "certain defensive players"? I do. You know, I wonder if the exact same thing, happened in the exact same manner, to Grant, what the reaction would be? I think that you know as well as I.
Archangel

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

Old Vike wrote:
Uh huh. But Troy Sissorhands actually caught a few too. Maybe what we saw was "The SadShank Redemption"?(I know,$h!tty joke. Couldn't resist. Sorry)
40for60

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

I agree that TJack, just like AD have taken some unnecessary risks, and as you say, it’s more to do with their young age/inexperience. If TJack ever does that little Earl Campbell move again, I’d be surprised.
Milli is a washed up punk as witnessed by the whole world against NY. Plaxico ate his lunch, stole his girlfriend, and wrote/mailed an apology letter to the NFL for letting Vanilli into the Pro Bowl all in one afternoon.
I would really like to know how the Vikings feel about the hit on AD. If AD and Taylor are in the backfield, and they sweep to Harris’ side with AD being the lead blocker just looking for Harris, then we will know. I think AD is the kind of person who wouldn’t let anyone else carry out a payback, but they probably won’t ask for his permission. If it happened to Grant by, say, Sharper? They’d be screaming bloody murder..LOL
We have talked about the preferential treatment afforded GB just for having Favre on their team, now they will see a more even playing field in which the referees aren’t swayed by #4. GB jettisoned the goose that laid the golden egg, and they just can’t wrap their tiny little brains around that fact. How much did he ramp up their merchandise sales over the last 16 years? More than they will ever care to admit. They won’t have to admit how much they will miss him at the QB position because that will be laid bare for the whole world to see.
Nick

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

T Joke needs to slide or he will end up in the hospital
Andrew Wastweet

Kent, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

G Frerotte for Starter
Nelson Muntz

Sheboygan, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Judged:

Hah hah!
Nelson Muntz

Sheboygan, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Judged:

The Vikes will never be a contender as long as they pin their hopes on T-Jack. He is just not strong enough to play a 16 game season plus playoffs. Give him one more chance on a short leash, if he's hurt once more sit him, go to Gus and make a Booty call to 2nd string.
fracas

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

John in North Branch,

Good point, and to be honest, I didn't think of that. I am not sure that is what Jackson was actually thinking, but perhaps it was.
bugs

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

TJacks the Man wrote:
Bugs you are an idiot! How about he is the best qb in our division and if he gets hurt we throw in the towel. 7-11 and 15 for 22 with 2 td's and no int's and is only going to get better. Grow up and maybe learn the game before you follow people like flafan and fire childress and all the other racist dolts that are on here. Will be an All PRO by the looks of it to me.
no need for name calling here, why do you feel the need to call me an idiot, i have a right to my opnion,and my opinion is TJack wouldnt even be the best QB in the Lake conference
Facts vs Tards

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

bugs wrote:
<quoted text>
no need for name calling here, why do you feel the need to call me an idiot, i have a right to my opnion,and my opinion is TJack wouldnt even be the best QB in the Lake conference
Change his name to T-Bags.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antwan Barnes Discussions

Search the Antwan Barnes Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Rex: Mark Sanchez's career is not over (Oct '13) Oct '13 Geno on the Beno 2
New York Jets - Where Are Additions Needed? (May '13) May '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Free Agent Inside Linebackers (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 3
Eagles aren't obsessing about McNabb (Oct '10) Oct '10 Shadoz 1
Rookies told to play like Raven (Jul '09) Sep '09 Bob Roberts 27
'I don't believe it for one second' (Dec '08) Dec '08 Jimmy 40
McAlister in no mood to discuss not starting (Oct '08) Oct '08 Frank Kush 17
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••