QB Jackson leaves game with bruised k...

QB Jackson leaves game with bruised knee; Vikings still beat Ra...

There are 60 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 16, 2008, titled QB Jackson leaves game with bruised knee; Vikings still beat Ra.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Vikings quarterback suffered a bruised right knee at the end of a run late in the first quarter of an exhibition game Saturday night at Baltimore and did not return.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Old Vike

Denver, CO

#1 Aug 17, 2008
We trust in Gus, Jackson gives us action, but that Booty is just too young.

T-Jack - you're doing great, but on a 2nd and 10 in the first quarter of a preseason game...take 5 yards and get the hell out of bounds.

Chilly's gonna have a tough decision when it comes to the final cuts on WR.
Jimmy

Elk Grove, CA

#2 Aug 17, 2008
We should have traded for Favre!!

Our QB just isn't as durable as Brett Favre.

This will put T-jack's 7 consecutive start streak in jepardy.

If only the Vikings care about their QB situation!

They need to get a good, clean cut QB, who will make the community proud of the Vikings. Proud enough to work out a way to extend their lease at the Metrodome so they don't move to a city offering more money.
Old Vike

Denver, CO

#3 Aug 17, 2008
Nothing like showing your hand with your last two statements.

1) You are a racist.
2) You failed Economics 101.
Anti-Jimmy

Sapporo, Japan

#4 Aug 17, 2008
Old Vike is right on.
Jimmy's comments reek of racism and should be removed.
fracas

Grand Forks, ND

#5 Aug 17, 2008
It seems odd to me that Jackson couldn't (or chose not too) make it to the sideline without help after suffering his injury. If it was "just a bruise", why did he have to go to the turf and then have help getting off the field. It would seem to me that either he is injured beyond "just a bruise", or perhaps some athletes just love the drama.

Either way, Jackson played a great game and looks like he is indeed the QB that we all have been hoping that he would be. Jared Allen also continued his fine play at RDE getting serious heat on the QB three times in just one half of action.

Ditto old vike and Anti-Jimmy. I thought we were beyond all that.
TheMaster

United States

#8 Aug 17, 2008
Jackson plays tough but acts soft. The way he was on the ground you would have thought he blew out ligaments in his knee. Stop acting like a wuss Jackson.
viking111

Superior, WI

#9 Aug 17, 2008
I was just wondering where all the mindless, dump T-Jack fans who permiented this venue for months are now? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when one attaches it to some condescending, know-it-all attitude, it sets things up for knowledgable fans who took a more positive attitude to laugh their socks off at you down the road. Excuse me while I pull my socks back up. It seems like the Vikes have a strong-armed, fast thinking, fleet-footed QB for years to clome (barring injury). JDB is where T-Jack was a couple of years ago. Imagine throwing him into games by the end of this season. Way to go, T-Jack!
jak

Elk Mound, WI

#13 Aug 17, 2008
Jackson is proving he is a hard worker.
By nature an athlete never wants to run out of bounds. But, yes he has to live to play another down. I think he is going to have a great year. His passes have been very accurate and with touch. Last year he just seemed to fire the ball downfield.
As for him being soft. I have been hit very hard in the legs and it hurts for a moment. Then the pain starts to intensify and you cannot stand.
Lets see any of you guys get your knee driven into the ground by two two hundred pound guys then have Ray Lewis come flying in and jerk your leg.
Go #7
John

North Branch, MN

#14 Aug 17, 2008
fracas wrote:
It seems odd to me that Jackson couldn't (or chose not too) make it to the sideline without help after suffering his injury. If it was "just a bruise", why did he have to go to the turf and then have help getting off the field. It would seem to me that either he is injured beyond "just a bruise", or perhaps some athletes just love the drama.
Either way, Jackson played a great game and looks like he is indeed the QB that we all have been hoping that he would be. Jared Allen also continued his fine play at RDE getting serious heat on the QB three times in just one half of action.
Ditto old vike and Anti-Jimmy. I thought we were beyond all that.
It has more to do with stopping play than with needing help. If Jackson is on the field, the play clock is stopped & it gave the Vikings time to get Frerotte in the game. If he just limped off, Frerotte would have had to rush into the game with no warm up.
Anti old vike

United States

#15 Aug 17, 2008
I don't agree with Jimmy, you need to see how well he does in the reg. season to judge him but it looks like Old Vike and Anti Jimmy are looking for someone to fight with. Where is the racist comment? Is "clean Cut" a racist term now? I think if the first thing that comes to your mind is "White Guy" when you hear "Clean Cut" you might be the racist!
TheMaster

United States

#16 Aug 17, 2008
George Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be interesting if you change your posting name at some point during the season if Jackson has a good year. Mind you I did not say he would have a good year, I am still not completely sold on him myself until he actually does something in the regular season.
However, you seem quite sure, I have never seen a post that was not negative about him from you. You were first posting that he was terrible and would never be any good. Now that he has had two fairly decent parts of exhibition games, you are taking a new tack, that he is soft. You very well might be a racist also, maybe you do not even know it yourself. I doubt you have the balls/guts to keep posting with a name like the master if you are proven to be totally wrong. Kind of an odd name anyway, shows extreme conceit, a bit narcissistic (look it up in the dictionary, it is not a good thing). You do not appear to be a master of anything other than a baiter. Which would make you a masterbaiter.
You sir are a complete fool or at most a liar. Dig up the Jackson posts where I haven't supported him. Now get back to work, your boss needs you to clean the toilets.
sdh13

Willmar, MN

#17 Aug 17, 2008
GLASS Jackson was playing against a defense that had many of it's starters not even suited up for the game ... 3 of whom that are their starters in the secondary ... and 2 of the 3 ( Ed Reed & Chris McAlister) are top of the line at their respective positions ...so let's not get overly excited over a couple pre season games where GLASS has performed well against the other teams 2nd stringers ... the scary part is how horrible the run defense has looked and Baltimore put on the field what was stated as a patchwork offensive line for the game ... and that was against our starters ... i don't think Chili can use the VANILLA excuse there
sdh13

Willmar, MN

#18 Aug 17, 2008
jak wrote:
Jackson is proving he is a hard worker.
By nature an athlete never wants to run out of bounds. But, yes he has to live to play another down. I think he is going to have a great year. His passes have been very accurate and with touch. Last year he just seemed to fire the ball downfield.
As for him being soft. I have been hit very hard in the legs and it hurts for a moment. Then the pain starts to intensify and you cannot stand.
Lets see any of you guys get your knee driven into the ground by two two hundred pound guys then have Ray Lewis come flying in and jerk your leg.
Go #7
Mr Jackson has no touch whatsoever on a deep ball ... his accuracy is questionable on anything over 10 yards
TopGunn

Antigo, WI

#19 Aug 17, 2008
T-Jack is looking good but he does seem to have a knack for getting dinged. Let's hope he can stay healthy, otherwise I really glad we have Gus this year to fall back on as opposed to Bollinger and Holcomb.
Viking111...what the heck is permiented? I watch
Bill O'Reilly and I've never heard the word permiented.(did you mean permeated?)
TopGunn

Antigo, WI

#20 Aug 17, 2008
T-Jack is looking good but he does seem to have a knack for getting dinged. Let's hope he can stay healthy, otherwise I'm really glad we have Gus this year to fall back on as opposed to Bollinger and Holcomb.
Viking111...what the heck is permiented? I watch
Bill O'Reilly and I've never heard the word permiented.(did you mean permeated?)
IAVikefan

Des Moines, IA

#21 Aug 17, 2008
Wait a minute... I'm stuck at National Guard drill all weekend and haven't got to see any of the game...( hence it should show me in the Knoxville area, vs. des moines), BUT, What do you guys mean our defense looks horrible???

Please elaborate on this... Our defense this year was SUPPOSED to be the return of the PPE... top D in the league, whats going one here???

Someone report some FACTS about what the D is doing, please.
Al Choholic

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Aug 17, 2008
Chad Greenway needs to pick up his play this year after using last year as his "rookie mistakes" season. I'm no expert on defense, but on a few of those big runs, he seemed to over pursue and miss his "gap" or blown out by the lineman. We need him to be at least capable of doing that. As far as T-Jack, I think Gus will be starting by mid season because of either injury (most likely) or because the team is losing. He just looks a lot more comfortable out there. Jackson's long ball touchdown was way overthrown and if not for a great catch, he would have been criticized again for missing a long pass. I wish him the best.
Al Choholic

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Aug 17, 2008
Old Vike wrote:
Nothing like showing your hand with your last two statements.
1) You are a racist.
2) You failed Economics 101.
Dude, I can't even call a black man "black" anymore without people calling me racist. WTF? I'm not sure what the guy meant by clean cut and you shouldn't just jump to conclusions about this. It just inflames these situations. Pretty sure people call me "white." and I am usually not very "clean cut."
sdh13

Willmar, MN

#24 Aug 17, 2008
Al Choholic wrote:
Chad Greenway needs to pick up his play this year after using last year as his "rookie mistakes" season. I'm no expert on defense, but on a few of those big runs, he seemed to over pursue and miss his "gap" or blown out by the lineman. We need him to be at least capable of doing that. As far as T-Jack, I think Gus will be starting by mid season because of either injury (most likely) or because the team is losing. He just looks a lot more comfortable out there. Jackson's long ball touchdown was way overthrown and if not for a great catch, he would have been criticized again for missing a long pass. I wish him the best.
and might i add... that to the receiver who had nobody within 20 yards of him because of blown coverage... and against ,at least ,2nd team if not a couple 3rd team (by then) db's
sdh13

Willmar, MN

#25 Aug 17, 2008
Al Choholic wrote:
and on the overthrown td pass might i add... there was nobody within 20 yards of that receiver ... boy is he accurate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antwan Barnes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rex: Mark Sanchez's career is not over (Oct '13) Oct '13 Geno on the Beno 2
News New York Jets - Where Are Additions Needed? (May '13) May '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Free Agent Inside Linebackers (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 3
News Eagles aren't obsessing about McNabb (Oct '10) Oct '10 Shadoz 1
News Rookies told to play like Raven (Jul '09) Sep '09 Bob Roberts 27
News 'I don't believe it for one second' (Dec '08) Dec '08 Jimmy 40
News McAlister in no mood to discuss not starting (Oct '08) Oct '08 Frank Kush 17
More from around the web