Defensive line could carry Ravens

Defensive line could carry Ravens

There are 8 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 5, 2008, titled Defensive line could carry Ravens. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

John Harbaugh had only been the Ravens' head coach for about a month, which was long enough for him to look through some of the team's game film from last season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Willey

Glen Burnie, MD

#2 Aug 5, 2008
Wow Mike, seems like only yesterday you were savaging the Ravens for signing a washed up Trevor Pryce...don't feel alone, most other Ravens fans were too.
shrimptrawler

Deer Island, OR

#3 Aug 5, 2008
I still think we need more depth on the line. All those 'tweeners' are undersized, and it would be nice to have one more 6'5 or taller rush end who could get his hands in the air to disrupt the passing lanes for enemy QBs.

Derek Anderson and Roethlisberger are both tall which gives them great vision. I was hoping the ravens would have drafted U of Miami's Calais Campbell (he is 6'8) or some other tall rush end. In some ways, having Joe Flacco is almost like having a scout QB in practice similar to our division rivals.

Jacksonville was smart, they got two "fingers in the dirt" rush ends, Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves.
Brian

Pikesville, MD

#4 Aug 5, 2008
I never worry about opposing offenses running on us but we will need a consistent pass rush this year to stop the long passes. Hopefully we will have that with Pryce in the line up again.
Drew

Belcamp, MD

#5 Aug 5, 2008
Mike, I wasn't 100% behind the firing of Billick, but to see the new "Happy Mike Preston" is probably worth it!
Pete

Middletown, DE

#6 Aug 5, 2008
Rex schemes to the strength of his players, and Ozzie finds players to improve those schemes. A rare NFL synergy.
Harry

Rochester, NY

#7 Aug 5, 2008
Losing Thomas to the Pats and then Pryce to injury was the two biggest reasons for the sacks totals to drop. Without a pass rush the young Dbs were also toast when Rolle and McAlister were out.
Maybe Pryce and Barnes can help turn that around in 08.
I worry about the knee injuries that Ngata and Gregs suffered in camp. So, the Ol has been getting man handled by the back ups, cause Suggs isn't there either. But you know it will all be Boller's fault if the offense doesn't play well, with both Ots out, Clayton, Williams and Heap Out. If only we had Tom Brady behind this OL and with this group of WRs the Ravens would be going to the SB, not!
cealex

Heathsville, VA

#8 Aug 5, 2008
Once again, no mention of Cody...will he ever make a differnce?
Pete

Middletown, DE

#9 Aug 11, 2008
cealex wrote:
Once again, no mention of Cody...will he ever make a differnce?
Maybe he'll run for President on the money he's saved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antwan Barnes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rex: Mark Sanchez's career is not over (Oct '13) Oct '13 Geno on the Beno 2
News New York Jets - Where Are Additions Needed? (May '13) May '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Free Agent Inside Linebackers (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 3
News Eagles aren't obsessing about McNabb (Oct '10) Oct '10 Shadoz 1
News Rookies told to play like Raven (Jul '09) Sep '09 Bob Roberts 27
News 'I don't believe it for one second' (Dec '08) Dec '08 Jimmy 40
News McAlister in no mood to discuss not starting (Oct '08) Oct '08 Frank Kush 17
More from around the web