Patriots top Chargers, head to Super ...

Patriots top Chargers, head to Super Bowl

There are 186 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 20, 2008, titled Patriots top Chargers, head to Super Bowl. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

LaDainian Tomlinson spent most of the game bundled up in a parka on the sideline on a freezing, windy day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Colt fan in Pittsburgh

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2008
well this will be a superbowl I don't watch
yup

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 20, 2008
Congrats to the pats! Great season...see you in the playoffs next year
American

Jeffersonville, OH

#3 Jan 20, 2008
You dumb hilljacks told me the Colts were going to beat the Pats in Foxboro. Funny, didn't see the Colts out there. I guess Manning knew enough to lose in Indy so he wouldn't have to be embarrassed in the big city.

Colts are no longer AFC Champions.

The Pats just posted the best season in AFC history and tied the Bears and 49ers for most wins in a single season.

Look for a 7-9 Colts season in '08. The refs will pull their cheating from the Colts. Your very short time is done.
Fact Prooved

New York, NY

#4 Jan 20, 2008
Brady had three picks, so that prooved that he is way over---Rated. There is no way that the Pats can win the SB this year. Peyton will win the next 6-7 SBs starting with the one in 2009. Go Pack or Go Giants. I really get sick of hearing Brady this or Brady that. Let us be honest, and admit that he is not that good. I do not even remeber his college days, so he must have came from a no name School.
Watch or Listen

New York, NY

#5 Jan 20, 2008
It will be funny when Brady throws 7 picks and no TDs. I will watch or listen from the job this year.
Peyton Manning

Vermilion, OH

#6 Jan 20, 2008
How come the article didn't mention my new commercial that aired during the first quarter - I spent a lot of time on it this past week!!!!!
18-0 NEXT PLEASE

Attleboro, MA

#7 Jan 20, 2008
ladies and colts fans:
Please witness something historical here. enjoy it while it lasts. ohh sorry i have to take this call its mercury morris
18-0 NEXT PLEASE

Attleboro, MA

#9 Jan 20, 2008
hey columbus fan ,
Im a big buckeye fan here, the last two years have killed me ( losing to florida and lsu ) but hey please stop being so immature. Look up the facts and see Brady's stats. Yes he had a bad game today ( for his standards) but look at past seasons ( never mind this one ) AND you should be amazed. Aint no Borwnie doing that.
Bob

United States

#10 Jan 20, 2008
ooooh you poor wittle ponies still upset? get over it brady's better. he can throw those picks and STILL win the game, not peyton.

now for the post i came here to make before seeing the above whining

i'm a pats fan but i have to point out that its not over yet. lets not get too cocky shall we, dont forget we only beat the giants by 3 - no matter why it happened, it happened. not sure who will win giants/pack but the game still will need to be played. we have all talked smack all year long but now its here, its come down to it. so lets be more like the team and not be cocky. proud, yes. confident, yes. happy,yes. cocky, NO.

one more to go for the SB and a 19 - 0 perfect reg. and post seasons! GO PATS!!
KG from New England

Norwood, MA

#11 Jan 20, 2008
Kep grasping for straws fellas! The Patriots are 18-0 and are playing in the SB. Get over it, the best team has been and is continuing to win football games.

It amazes me that you "fans" have been spouting off the same lines week after week after week. Give it a break. For weeks you've all claimed that the Patriots would lose, that Brady is not that good and that the Colt's would beat the Patriots (1st in Indy then later in Foxboro).

At one point the favored line was that the Patriots would fold in the playoffs due to the lack of a running game and that they were not built for cold/inclement weather.(See Maroney).

Face it you have been wrong. Admit it and move on. Recognize that you are witnessing NFL history. Someday you'll be telling your grandkids that you witnessed thegreatest NFL team/season in history.

Enjoy the next 40 years of ESPN and NFL film highlights!
Colts fan in Texas

Cuero, TX

#12 Jan 20, 2008
Well, since my Colts are out, I don't care which team beats the Patriots as long as the Pat see their Superbowl win taken from them. Can't stand the Pats--------cheaters they are and it has been proven, too bad they only said naughty, naughty don't do it again.
Joe Smoe

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jan 20, 2008
How many signals did the Patsies need to steal to win this one?
Byte Me

Bethlehem, KY

#15 Jan 20, 2008
Pats fans must really have no life. The Pats didn't even play the Colts today and they are out here on an Indy forum.
WALTHAMWARRIOR

Hyde Park, MA

#16 Jan 20, 2008
colts, jag, giants, steelers, chargersx2, cowboys, redskins all playoof teams only one team left...NEXT STEP INFAMY!!!!
hEY GOOBER HOW'S THE VIEW...FACT IS WE HANDED YOU ONE LAST YEAR
American

Jeffersonville, OH

#22 Jan 20, 2008
Byte Me wrote:
Pats fans must really have no life. The Pats didn't even play the Colts today and they are out here on an Indy forum.
And you're here sniffing the Pats' read end.
ura loser

Marysville, OH

#17 Jan 20, 2008
Gonna kick your assterisk!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! !

/
/
American wrote:
You dumb hilljacks told me the Colts were going to beat the Pats in Foxboro. Funny, didn't see the Colts out there. I guess Manning knew enough to lose in Indy so he wouldn't have to be embarrassed in the big city.
Colts are no longer AFC Champions.
The Pats just posted the best season in AFC history and tied the Bears and 49ers for most wins in a single season.
Look for a 7-9 Colts season in '08. The refs will pull their cheating from the Colts. Your very short time is done.
JoBeWrong

Marysville, OH

#18 Jan 20, 2008
Congrats to the best cheatin' team in history.
American

Jeffersonville, OH

#19 Jan 20, 2008
Colts fan in Texas wrote:
Well, since my Colts are out, I don't care which team beats the Patriots as long as the Pat see their Superbowl win taken from them. Can't stand the Pats--------cheaters they are and it has been proven, too bad they only said naughty, naughty don't do it again.
Nobody cheats like the Colts. A trip to Youtube reveals a bounty of absolutely corrupt calls for the benefit of the Colts.

The Colts cheated their way into last year's Super Bowl; they cheated in the Pats regular season game, and they cheated against the Chargers.

It's good to see the cheating Colts out of it and their stupid fans crying about superior teams from superior cities.

Colts fans are not Football fans, because every true Football fan is enjoying the Pats' perfect AFC season. Let's all hope the Pats can get a perfect NFL season.
Byte Me

Bethlehem, KY

#20 Jan 20, 2008
WALTHAMWARRIOR wrote:
colts, jag, giants, steelers, chargersx2, cowboys, redskins all playoof teams only one team left...NEXT STEP INFAMY!!!!
hEY GOOBER HOW'S THE VIEW...FACT IS WE HANDED YOU ONE LAST YEAR
Remeber, the CAPS key is your friend.
Grampa Truth

Marysville, OH

#21 Jan 20, 2008
It'll be educational explaining to the grandkids what an asterisk is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Gates Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Envisioning the New Viking Offense (May '14) May '14 viking nation 4
News Raiders Can Play Spoiler For Chargers' Playoff ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Flynnished 7
News One Man's Opinion: Chargers' playoff hopes thre... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois Garcia 1
News One Man's Opinion: Stormy days ahead for Charge... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Crap Thunder 2
News Hurricane Paul weakens to Cat 2 storm in Pacific (Oct '12) Oct '12 Krap Thunder 2
News Over the Rivers and through the Air to Oakland'... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dec 2012 8
News Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates Will Not Play A... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web