This time, Rivers gets the job done

This time, Rivers gets the job done

There are 109 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 7, 2008, titled This time, Rivers gets the job done. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

This time, Philip Rivers was able to silence the boos without opening his mouth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Tlinketman

Alpine, CA

#101 Jan 12, 2008
The Chargers are as good as any team in this league, we will give the Colts all they can handle. No one likes to lose, I remember getting mad at my older brother for always getting the bigger half of the candy bar we would split! So I don't agree that LT is a sore loser, who likes losing? People seem to forget that this is the NFL, and all the players are PROS. there are no "gimme" games in this league. If there were, why then did New England struggle down the stretch with so called "gimme" teams? The Chargers may have had a "soft" schedule at the end of the season, but those other teams still get paid to play. They don't like to lose either! Rivers is young, that is true, but a winner is a winner, no matter the experience. Rivers has won everywhere he went. He is getting better as the season has progressed. Also, why is it when we were 14 n 2 and the teams we played, were they just a bunch of trucks too?!?! Paper Tigers? what a bunch of B>S>! The truth is we just match up well against Indy, hence the success of late. Not to say we are SUPERIOR as some folks like to say about thier teams, just men who put thier pants on one leg at a time like every one else. GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Sparky

Rancho Mirage, CA

#102 Jan 12, 2008
Our Time wrote:
Why the Bolts Are A Paper Tiger
With the exception of the Lions the Colts played everyone of those teams on that list. And lost to one of them. But of course were playing their hearts out against the SB champs. If you think the Chargers are overated team don't say it is because they beat lousy teams. The Colts played all the same teams with the exception of the inter-conference games.
ChargerHorse

San Diego, CA

#103 Jan 12, 2008
Our Time wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, Bolts fans are all charged up by their current winning streak, thinking that their team is really hot. Suppose your team had played NE, GB, and Jax in the last six games, instead of earlier in the year. They wouldn't have as much reason to think so highly of themselves.
That's ridiculous. Name a team that wouldn't be charged up by winning 7 games in a row into the playoffs? With its defense allowing the fewest points in the entire league over the last 8 games (and the second fewest yards from scrimmage next to Tampa Bay), it gives the players and the fans an indication that things are clicking right now.

You want to be playing your best football at the end of the year, period. A great example is that if the Pats lose today, what does that mean for their season? Great, they played so well in the regular season, but they couldn't finish. The same thing happened to the Bolts last year. They finished with the best record in all of football last year and were the #1 seed, and lost to NE this same week. They were playing better in the first half of the year last year, and were stumbling (although winning) in the end of the year.

Colts won it all last year, your time is done. Time for someone who has never been there.... San Diego Super Chargers!!!
ChargerHorse

San Diego, CA

#104 Jan 12, 2008
Tlinketman wrote:
The Chargers are as good as any team in this league, we will give the Colts all they can handle. No one likes to lose, I remember getting mad at my older brother for always getting the bigger half of the candy bar we would split! So I don't agree that LT is a sore loser, who likes losing? People seem to forget that this is the NFL, and all the players are PROS. there are no "gimme" games in this league. If there were, why then did New England struggle down the stretch with so called "gimme" teams? The Chargers may have had a "soft" schedule at the end of the season, but those other teams still get paid to play. They don't like to lose either! Rivers is young, that is true, but a winner is a winner, no matter the experience. Rivers has won everywhere he went. He is getting better as the season has progressed. Also, why is it when we were 14 n 2 and the teams we played, were they just a bunch of trucks too?!?! Paper Tigers? what a bunch of B>S>! The truth is we just match up well against Indy, hence the success of late. Not to say we are SUPERIOR as some folks like to say about thier teams, just men who put thier pants on one leg at a time like every one else. GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Finally, someone who is speaking some sense! You got it! Go BOLTS!!! Beat the Colts!!!
ChargerHorse

San Diego, CA

#105 Jan 12, 2008
Good luck to all the Colts and the Chargers tomorrow. I hope no one gets hurt and that it is a great game. Whoever wins, BEAT THE PATRIOTS PLEASE!
If Chargers win, I'd like to see the Colts fans give us a congratulations, and if the Colts win, I'll post a congratulations to you guys. Thanks for the fun forum.
football loving girl

Newark, OH

#106 Jan 13, 2008
Congrats to the Chargers. I said I would come on here even if we lost. It was a good game and you guys came out on top. We had our chances and we could not get it done. Silly penalties and a fumble turned out to be huge. Oh well, it is only a game right. Good luck against the Pats. I hope you win. I will have to cheer for you and the Packers.
ChargerHorse

San Diego, CA

#107 Jan 13, 2008
football loving girl wrote:
Congrats to the Chargers. I said I would come on here even if we lost. It was a good game and you guys came out on top. We had our chances and we could not get it done. Silly penalties and a fumble turned out to be huge. Oh well, it is only a game right. Good luck against the Pats. I hope you win. I will have to cheer for you and the Packers.
It's been fun Football Loving Girl. You are a great sport. The Colts had a GREAT season, and are the reigning champs. You have class players and you fought hard. Thanks for the congratulations. I'm really happy now. Not sure if anyone can beat the Patriots this year. Maybe a weird game in the snow or something can be an advantage to the Chargers? Who knows. Colts fans are classy. Happy for the Chargers and their fans, as I don't know anyone who gave them a chance except for us on the west coast.
SD-italian man

San Diego, CA

#108 Jan 13, 2008
football loving girl wrote:
Good game! thanks for being a sport. GO FOR US AGAINST the pats.
GO CHARGERS!!! ALL THE WAY BABY
NickyCanolli

San Diego, CA

#109 Jan 14, 2008
Back From Vegas.....

Got back last night at mid-night - took the Chargers on the Money Line +450 - for those of you that don't know what that means, I bet $100 to win $450.

Football Loving Girl - you are a great sport and I appreciate you coming on here to congratulate the Chargers

Our Time & Spicoli - Here's my middle finger to you!!! All ohter Chargers fans SEE YA on the Pats boards as this will be my last post on this one!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Gates Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Envisioning the New Viking Offense (May '14) May '14 viking nation 4
News Raiders Can Play Spoiler For Chargers' Playoff ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Flynnished 7
News One Man's Opinion: Chargers' playoff hopes thre... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois Garcia 1
News One Man's Opinion: Stormy days ahead for Charge... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Crap Thunder 2
News Hurricane Paul weakens to Cat 2 storm in Pacific (Oct '12) Oct '12 Krap Thunder 2
News Over the Rivers and through the Air to Oakland'... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dec 2012 8
News Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates Will Not Play A... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web