This time, Rivers gets the job done

This time, Philip Rivers was able to silence the boos without opening his mouth. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Old Roy

Louisville, KY

#1 Jan 8, 2008
Welcome to Indy Mr. Rivers. I foresee pain and frustration. You will be flapping your gums and LT will be pouting after the game.
Slim Pickens

Cambridge, MA

#2 Jan 8, 2008
Rivers is definitely the most mistake prone of the remaining AFC QB's. I'm not buying the brief uptick, in either Rivers, or San Diego in general. Colts by 2 TD's. A

nd yes, San Diego are generally gracious winners, but they are very bad losers. Worst in the league that I've seen and Tomlinson, the so-called "classy" one (don't take my word for it, LT will tell anyone in earshot how classy he is) is the worst of the lot.
memphischarger

Germantown, TN

#3 Jan 8, 2008
Oh,it hurts boys,to have been victimized by the mighty Chargers for the last 2 years, and the last 8 of 11 at your place.There is no other team I'd rather be stomping than the Colts.How sweet it is.
village idiot

Pryor, OK

#4 Jan 8, 2008
memphischarger wrote:
Oh,it hurts boys,to have been victimized by the mighty Chargers for the last 2 years, and the last 8 of 11 at your place.There is no other team I'd rather be stomping than the Colts.How sweet it is.
Excuse me sir your village is looking for you seems like it is missing its idiot.

Bob Sanders will "erase" Rivers and LT this weekend.

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#5 Jan 8, 2008
"I remember saying something to Philip early in the game:'What are you seeing out there? What are they doing?' And he said,'They are just playing cover three and a little one.' Just for him to say that and have diagnosed the coverage already, I was impressed."

LT, Please hold that thought for Sunday. The little one on Defense just walked in from the steakhouse and brought with him, the little one on Offense who's had little playing time this year. LT for Quarterback (just a little)! Go Colts!

Since: Oct 07

Indianapolis

#6 Jan 8, 2008
memphischarger wrote:
Keep clinging to that memory. You've just been Erased...
Colts fan in Greencastle

Greencastle, IN

#7 Jan 8, 2008
Talk up Rivers all you want, but he will be no match for our Bob Sanders led defense. Peyton will not throw 6 interceptions Sunday and Adam will not miss two field goals. Colts win and play the Jags in the RCA dome for the championship (I hope).
Sid

AOL

#8 Jan 8, 2008
Slim,

LT has more class in his do-do, than you do in your whole fat body.
Slim Pickens

Cambridge, MA

#9 Jan 8, 2008
Sid wrote:
Slim,
LT has more class in his do-do, than you do in your whole fat body.
Whoa, that one really stings. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Go on, let it out, I know it can't be easy cheering for a team that folds under pressure the way the Charges do.

It can't be easy watching "teammates" sniping at each other.

Nor watching players carry on after meaningless 1st quarter plays like they just won something, only to watch it all slip away in the end.

No sir, that can't be easy. So go on, let'm rip. It's okay, it will all be over in a couple of days. They should have the parade anyway. They did schedule it again, didn't they?

LOL!
niko

Claremont, CA

#10 Jan 8, 2008
i loved watching sd beat indy. that was fun. you people keep dating your moo moo cows out there in pasture land.
indianafolife

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Jan 8, 2008
niko wrote:
i loved watching sd beat indy. that was fun. you people keep dating your moo moo cows out there in pasture land.
I thought there was more cows in Cali than anywhere in the U.S.
SD-italian man

La Mesa, CA

#12 Jan 8, 2008
village idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me sir your village is looking for you seems like it is missing its idiot.
Bob Sanders will "erase" Rivers and LT this weekend.
Who are u kidding,I know Bob Sanders is a great player, but he can't stop LT alone, no one can...COME ON!!!Listen the Chargers will beat u guys again at your stadium. With Cromartie in the back field Manning will think six times about throwing around him.
SD-italian man

La Mesa, CA

#13 Jan 8, 2008
Slim Pickens wrote:
Rivers is definitely the most mistake prone of the remaining AFC QB's. I'm not buying the brief uptick, in either Rivers, or San Diego in general. Colts by 2 TD's. A
nd yes, San Diego are generally gracious winners, but they are very bad losers. Worst in the league that I've seen and Tomlinson, the so-called "classy" one (don't take my word for it, LT will tell anyone in earshot how classy he is) is the worst of the lot.
MAN u are dumb,
who cares about being classy in football, LT is still the best in what he dose. Besides u wanna talk about losers, I've never seen such a dummer face than Manning's stupid ass when he threw six interceps against the Chargers.hahaha
football loving girl

Newark, OH

#14 Jan 8, 2008
SD-italian man wrote:
<quoted text>
MAN u are dumb,
who cares about being classy in football, LT is still the best in what he dose. Besides u wanna talk about losers, I've never seen such a dummer face than Manning's stupid ass when he threw six interceps against the Chargers.hahaha
And still came very close to beating you. I am not going to say that the Colts will beat the chargers because I don't know. Do I think they can? Yes, but you have to remember any given Sunday. Philip Rivers has never played in the dome and even seasoned quarterbacks say how hard it is to play there. I think the defense will shake him up a little and I do not see Peyton throwing six interceptions and Adam missing filed goals. Hopefully we will not need them because we will get the job done in the red zone. Good luck and Go Colts.
football loving girl

Newark, OH

#15 Jan 8, 2008
I meant Field Goals not filed goals. Ha Ha.
DaveTheRave

Rockville, MD

#16 Jan 8, 2008
Let's face it the Colts are a great team... we got some good breaks in beating them earlier this year. But great teams are supposed to overcome those breaks. 6 picks... wtf? Manning is way better than that. If they Colts win I will be cheering for them to stop the Patsies, but in the meantime GO BOLTS!
DaveTheRave

Rockville, MD

#17 Jan 8, 2008
I guess I should have said What the Heck in my previous post instead of W_T_F
niko

Claremont, CA

#18 Jan 8, 2008
bolts beat both super bowl teams from last year. i still gotta go with the colts tho.
SD-italian man

La Mesa, CA

#19 Jan 8, 2008
football loving girl wrote:
<quoted text>And still came very close to beating you. I am not going to say that the Colts will beat the chargers because I don't know. Do I think they can? Yes, but you have to remember any given Sunday. Philip Rivers has never played in the dome and even seasoned quarterbacks say how hard it is to play there. I think the defense will shake him up a little and I do not see Peyton throwing six interceptions and Adam missing filed goals. Hopefully we will not need them because we will get the job done in the red zone. Good luck and Go Colts.
Rivers has been to the dome, right? wasn't it last year the chargers beat you guys at home or the year before. I Forget!
But it shouldn't matter cause it's a dome and the colt fans don't get too loud and I think we have a great chance to win cause were recent with u colts. Plus Rivers beat Seattle at there stadium last year which had to be the loudest I've heard people get in season game.

“COLTS RULE”

Since: Jan 08

INDY suburb

#20 Jan 8, 2008
HEY!!!! Get your home work done, and get your butt in bed. The short bus comes early...
niko wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Gates Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Envisioning the New Viking Offense (May '14) May '14 viking nation 4
Raiders Can Play Spoiler For Chargers' Playoff ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Flynnished 7
One Man's Opinion: Chargers' playoff hopes thre... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois Garcia 1
One Man's Opinion: Stormy days ahead for Charge... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Crap Thunder 2
Hurricane Paul weakens to Cat 2 storm in Pacific (Oct '12) Oct '12 Krap Thunder 2
Over the Rivers and through the Air to Oakland'... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dec 2012 8
Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates Will Not Play A... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web