Perfect Patriots beat Chargers 21-12

Perfect Patriots beat Chargers 21-12

There are 31 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 20, 2008, titled Perfect Patriots beat Chargers 21-12. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Perfection comes down to one game now. Despite a shaky Tom Brady, the New England Patriots were still too much for the banged-up San Diego Chargers in the AFC championship game Sunday, pulling out a 21-12 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
davide

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 20, 2008
good informative article, but there's a typo.

"Michael Turner ran for just 1 yard, Rivers followed with two interceptions and Nate Kaeding kicked a 26-yard field goal to make it 3-0."

it should be, "Rivers followed with two incompletions"
Sig

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 21, 2008
Dan:

How can you write abot that game without mentioning Kevin Faulk who made several key catches
Pats Apologist

United States

#3 Jan 21, 2008
Sig wrote:
Dan:
How can you write abot that game without mentioning Kevin Faulk who made several key catches
I agree. and not only "key" but insanely athletic...full sprint and thrown behind him caught by the fingertips to effectively crush any chance the Chargers thought they had.
mjh

Stoughton, WI

#5 Jan 21, 2008
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Patriots started the season as cheaters. How could they be considered anything close to "perfect"?
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#6 Jan 21, 2008
mjh wrote:
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Patriots started the season as cheaters. How could they be considered anything close to "perfect"?
no the majority of the world chooses to forget a situation that never allowed them to win unfairly(as told by the commissioner) so we have moved on. not once have they been accused of winning any game this year because of cheating so you should drop it as well. you and 5 other people are the only ones left who think they cheated to 18-0. please answer the following: if they have cheated all year as you claim, why hasnt one player, coach, team, security guard, pissed off fan at a game, ball boy, equipment manager, the 100 cameras at every game, analysts, etc. come forward and said anything? no accusations, no mention of anything of the sort except for the first few minutes of the first game that had legal information on a tape that was filmed from a banned location. see what you all fail to realize is what the pats taped is perfectly legal. when you take the time to research this yourself instead of listening to earl campbell and mercury morris, you will see how clearly wrong you are in calling them cheaters.
San Diego Joey

Lakeside, CA

#7 Jan 21, 2008
So the Patriots beat the Chargers B team. If the Chargers are healthy, they score TD's in the red zone like they have all year. You don't think a healthy LT, Antonio Gates and Philip Rivers make the difference in who wins this game. I'm salivating to play these old men next year.
T-Bone

Evanston, IL

#8 Jan 21, 2008
Do you think Belichick really meant:

"From our spread offense to our 'Tight-End Down' offense..."

Instead of ""From our spread offense to our tightened-down offense, from the vertical passing game to the intermediate passing game to screens and the whole works."

Sounds like "Tight-End Down" is their strategy for getting big blocks.

Only if the Chargers had a healthy Tomlinson, made that 3rd and 1, kept going to Vincent Jackson in the 2nd half and could TACKLE! They looked like the Bears this season with those missed tackles in the 2nd half.

Oh well. Now, it's up to Eli to show everyone the NFC CAN beat the AFC!

Since: Oct 07

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 21, 2008
mjh wrote:
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Patriots started the season as cheaters. How could they be considered anything close to "perfect"?
Get off it already ... They are a good football team - period - end of story. Cheating ... yeah, they're cheaters alright ... you clown. The best thing Mangini ever did was bring that situation to light becuase now the Pats have every reason to go undefeated to prove people like you are pathetic ... and I'm not even a Patriots fan.

On LT -- I think he probably could have played, but thought real hard about the rest of his career. He might have thought that if he played and injured his knee further that he likely would have taken some games/years off of his career. The Chargers will be here again, likely next year as they are loaded on both sides of the ball. LT will get his shot and unfortunately, so will Rivers (that guy is the biggest douchenozzle). I'm not especially happy about the matchup with the Giants, but maybe they'll play just like they did in December and keep this Super Bowl competitive.
Patriot fan losers

United States

#10 Jan 21, 2008
Amazing all these people that 'aren't Patriot fans', yet continue to be adamant about 'moving on','choosing to overlook','forgetting about', bla bla blah.

Two words "Ben Johnson". He will forever be remembered as a cheat and a fraud, the Pats no exception.

So go ahead Pats fan and convince yourself nobody will remember or cares to remember.....
joe

Freehold, NJ

#11 Jan 21, 2008
down the line, i'll remember the officiating Peyton Manning and the Colts receive better than Patriots getting caught video taping signals.

Hey Patriot fan losers, there's a reason coaches cover their mouths when they're talking and try to disguise signals
Go SEC

Louisville, KY

#12 Jan 21, 2008
Patriot fan losers wrote:
Amazing all these people that 'aren't Patriot fans', yet continue to be adamant about 'moving on','choosing to overlook','forgetting about', bla bla blah.
Two words "Ben Johnson". He will forever be remembered as a cheat and a fraud, the Pats no exception.
So go ahead Pats fan and convince yourself nobody will remember or cares to remember.....
How about Roger Clemens instead of ben Johnson?
Go SEC

Louisville, KY

#13 Jan 21, 2008
Patriot fan losers wrote:
Amazing all these people that 'aren't Patriot fans', yet continue to be adamant about 'moving on','choosing to overlook','forgetting about', bla bla blah.
Two words "Ben Johnson". He will forever be remembered as a cheat and a fraud, the Pats no exception.
So go ahead Pats fan and convince yourself nobody will remember or cares to remember.....
It is unfair to compare with Ben Johnson because Ben Johnson never had as much success as Roger Clemens and Patriots. No, even that is unfair. Patriots never cheated as much as Roger Clemens
Go SEC

Louisville, KY

#14 Jan 21, 2008
mjh wrote:
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Patriots started the season as cheaters. How could they be considered anything close to "perfect"?
What the big deal ? Success in sports, politics and business is all about cheating! How many times zebras have not helped Brett Favre and the packers with defensive pass interference calls ?
Go SEC

Louisville, KY

#15 Jan 21, 2008
San Diego Joey wrote:
So the Patriots beat the Chargers B team. If the Chargers are healthy, they score TD's in the red zone like they have all year. You don't think a healthy LT, Antonio Gates and Philip Rivers make the difference in who wins this game. I'm salivating to play these old men next year.
By the way I am not a patriots fan. But this has to be the stupidest comment I have ever heard. Going with your logic, I can say that Dolphins lost 15 games because they had their Z team on the field. If they had a team, they would be in super bowl. Grow up! Next year, you might have orgasm against Patriots, but might get crushed by another team like colts or jaguars. Winning in football (for that matter any sport) is not just about talent, strategies and brain. You should have all stars aligned. You need lots of luck too. Ask Buffallo Bills who lost 4 straight super bowl games! Ask Eagles who went to 4 straight NFC championship games! Ask Patriots who should have surely lost that games against Ravens if not for a stupid timeout by coach. They got 3 shots at 4th and 1!
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#16 Jan 21, 2008
Patriot fan losers wrote:
Amazing all these people that 'aren't Patriot fans', yet continue to be adamant about 'moving on','choosing to overlook','forgetting about', bla bla blah.
Two words "Ben Johnson". He will forever be remembered as a cheat and a fraud, the Pats no exception.
So go ahead Pats fan and convince yourself nobody will remember or cares to remember.....
didnt ben johnson get in trouble for steroids, not video taping from a banned location. i can see how you feeble minded people get through life lumping everything into one category as to not confuse yourself but its not even close. steroids give you a real time advantage on the spot and throughout the game. they allow you to be faster and stronger than you would normally be, therefore creating an unfair advantage. thats why there is a four game suspension for it. steroids are cheating. please go read the rule the pats broke because you all sound so stupid. its clear that in over a four month span since spygate not one of you idiots have taken two minutes out of your pathetic existence to look up the rule. its one sentence long and does NOT mention one thing that is illegal to tape. it says where a camera needs to be placed and thats it. it doesnt say you cant film signals, it doesnt say you cant film the sidelines. it say you cant film from anywhere that doesnt have four walls and a ceiling. hence the sideline where the pats were caught. end of story and the more you think its cheating the dumber you look since everyone else with more than one brain cell has taken the time to see what we are saying is true.
Go SEC

Louisville, KY

#17 Jan 21, 2008
patsfan111111 wrote:
<quoted text>didnt ben johnson get in trouble for steroids, not video taping from a banned location. i can see how you feeble minded people get through life lumping everything into one category as to not confuse yourself but its not even close. steroids give you a real time advantage on the spot and throughout the game. they allow you to be faster and stronger than you would normally be, therefore creating an unfair advantage. thats why there is a four game suspension for it. steroids are cheating. please go read the rule the pats broke because you all sound so stupid. its clear that in over a four month span since spygate not one of you idiots have taken two minutes out of your pathetic existence to look up the rule. its one sentence long and does NOT mention one thing that is illegal to tape. it says where a camera needs to be placed and thats it. it doesnt say you cant film signals, it doesnt say you cant film the sidelines. it say you cant film from anywhere that doesnt have four walls and a ceiling. hence the sideline where the pats were caught. end of story and the more you think its cheating the dumber you look since everyone else with more than one brain cell has taken the time to see what we are saying is true.
ont make this stupid argument like Patriots didnt know the rules. They did cheat. But I dont know why it is such a big deal. In sports, who doesnt cheat now a days ? They point finger only if get caught. All football teams try to figure out how to cheat and win. But patriots were arrogant and got caught because they knew NFL commissioner does give a damn about it as long as you have right connections.
Go SEC

Louisville, KY

#18 Jan 21, 2008
Cheating in football is nothing compared to stealing 2000 presidential elections and leading us into Iraq war!
Patriot fan losers

United States

#19 Jan 21, 2008
patsfan111111 wrote:
<quoted text>didnt ben johnson get in trouble for steroids, not video taping from a banned location. i can see how you feeble minded people get through life lumping everything into one category as to not confuse yourself but its not even close. steroids give you a real time advantage on the spot and throughout the game. they allow you to be faster and stronger than you would normally be, therefore creating an unfair advantage. thats why there is a four game suspension for it. steroids are cheating. please go read the rule the pats broke because you all sound so stupid. its clear that in over a four month span since spygate not one of you idiots have taken two minutes out of your pathetic existence to look up the rule. its one sentence long and does NOT mention one thing that is illegal to tape. it says where a camera needs to be placed and thats it. it doesnt say you cant film signals, it doesnt say you cant film the sidelines. it say you cant film from anywhere that doesnt have four walls and a ceiling. hence the sideline where the pats were caught. end of story and the more you think its cheating the dumber you look since everyone else with more than one brain cell has taken the time to see what we are saying is true.
Two words:
"Rodney Harrison"

...Right yeah HGH doesn't help, Rodney was just taking it for no reason at all. In fact being a natural bodybuilder and training with one of my friends who won Mr. USA, I can tell you HGH is a very powerful drug. I never cared for cheats and I never could beat them. The Pats are cheats and frauds. They didn't need to stoop to the levels they did to win, but they did and they got caught. They are a disgrace to the NFL and sportsmanship alike.
Dan Rakow

Glen Ellyn, IL

#20 Jan 21, 2008
If i were A New England Patriots Fan living in Suburban Boston in Natick,MA.I would really like to see the Pats win SUPER BOWL 42 and I want to enjoy the perfect season because New England will be facing a very tough Schedule next year which they will have to make four West Coast road trips for the 2008 Regular Season although the Pats will win the AFC East again however chances are very slim for them having another perfect Season.
Patriot fan losers

United States

#21 Jan 21, 2008
joe wrote:
down the line, i'll remember the officiating Peyton Manning and the Colts receive better than Patriots getting caught video taping signals.
Hey Patriot fan losers, there's a reason coaches cover their mouths when they're talking and try to disguise signals
Hilarious. They shows just how TRULY BLIND you are. Do you really believe the NFL is cheating for the Colts? Honestly you need help if you believe in these conspiracy theories. Maybe that comes from your coach.

"I wasn't as concerned about the [artifical noise we accused them of, which again was our own fantasies] as to why my headset mysteriously didn't work."

Come on Bellicheat just say it, the Colts and the NFL doctored the headsets. It's been one big conspiracy against the Pats and everybody is in on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Gates Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Envisioning the New Viking Offense (May '14) May '14 viking nation 4
News Raiders Can Play Spoiler For Chargers' Playoff ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Flynnished 7
News One Man's Opinion: Chargers' playoff hopes thre... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois Garcia 1
News One Man's Opinion: Stormy days ahead for Charge... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Crap Thunder 2
News Hurricane Paul weakens to Cat 2 storm in Pacific (Oct '12) Oct '12 Krap Thunder 2
News Over the Rivers and through the Air to Oakland'... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dec 2012 8
News Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates Will Not Play A... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web