New dreams for Winslow

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

BEREA: When he was younger, Kellen Winslow didn't dream of breaking his father's records.
Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pete

Dayton, OH

#1 Dec 7, 2007
Just fire thosre long range guns...Winslow....Edwards..... and short range gun....Lewis..

....and those peashooters...Hieden...
......jeri...what's his name..

....oh and don't forget Cribs, you can use him anywhere...he is in a class all his own..
OMG

Cleveland, OH

#2 Dec 7, 2007
Kellen is too stupid to make the pro bowl. He failed to get enough votes last season, and he's not a favorite this season either.

The Browns have had only 1 pro bowl player since 1999. This Browns team is not staffed like the Paul Brown teams of the 1950's & 1960's when everyone was a pro bowl player and future hall of famer.

That's ok. Your not going to the playoffs anyway.

GO STEELERS !!!
Idiot Basher

Cleveland, OH

#3 Dec 7, 2007
If K2 doesn't make the pro-bowl it will be a tragedy. The guy by far is the best out there. You will not see Antonio Gate and Tony Gonzo make the type catches K2 makes. They are studs but our guy K2 is well...studlier.
DawginCbus

United States

#4 Dec 7, 2007
Dallas Clark? C'mon!
Chad

Cleveland, OH

#5 Dec 7, 2007
OMG wrote:
Kellen is too stupid to make the pro bowl. He failed to get enough votes last season, and he's not a favorite this season either.
The Browns have had only 1 pro bowl player since 1999. This Browns team is not staffed like the Paul Brown teams of the 1950's & 1960's when everyone was a pro bowl player and future hall of famer.
GO STEELERS !!!
Since when do players have to be smart to make the pro bowl? God you get dumber every single day. Winslow is going to finish the season strong and be among 4 Browns players (Cribbs, Braylon, Anderson, and Thomas) on the pro bowl team!!!

Since: Aug 07

Jackson Twp.

#6 Dec 7, 2007
I thought the goal was to win games, not set records? Funny, I don't believe 'winning' was mentioned once by K2. If you take care of business in the trenches and focus solely on winning games, the records will come. Not the other way around.

Shows you where his head is at.
Corinne

Kent, OH

#7 Dec 7, 2007
OMG wrote:
GO STEELERS !!!
The 50s and 60s Browns were not all probowlers and HOFers. They only won 3 championships in those 2 decades---NFL championships--the minor-league AAFC championships don't count. Paul Brown and his Browns never once beat Lombardi's Packers. Regular season or post season. The great Browns teams is a nice story, but history shows they weren't the power their dumb-ass fans like to think.
OMG

Cleveland, OH

#8 Dec 7, 2007
Chad wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when do players have to be smart to make the pro bowl? God you get dumber every single day. Winslow is going to finish the season strong and be among 4 Browns players (Cribbs, Braylon, Anderson, and Thomas) on the pro bowl team!!!
Dream on. No pro bowl Browns except maybe Cribbs.
Corinne

Kent, OH

#9 Dec 7, 2007
Chad wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on, rose-colored-glasses-boy.
Corinne

Kent, OH

#10 Dec 7, 2007
Idiot Basher wrote:
If K2 doesn't make the pro-bowl it will be a tragedy. The guy by far is the best out there. You will not see Antonio Gate and Tony Gonzo make the type catches K2 makes. They are studs but our guy K2 is well...studlier.
Winslo is not in the same class as Gates. He wants to be, but sadly for him, he isn't.
cj-pa

State College, PA

#11 Dec 7, 2007
Winslow is still an idiot. You're right he needs to focus on winning.

As long as the Browns produce a winning record, I don't care if they have a team full of idiots. Cleveland is due a good football team. They really seem to be moving in the right direction, despite the loss at AZ.
The Shadow

Nashville, TN

#12 Dec 7, 2007
I'm not too upset about him not mentioning the team, since the direct question asked was about individual and he seemed to be answering redirects. I hate when writers do this and take the quotes out of context.

BTW, what's this I hear about a Pats/Steelers game watching party at Grumps?
TheOUTLAW

United States

#13 Dec 7, 2007
You are trying to read the wrong things into this. There is another article on him in the Plain Dealer where he says his focus is to help the team finish 11-5. It was the article writer that was focusing on his individual play.
Spirit of Reagan

Redwood City, CA

#14 Dec 7, 2007
Idiot Basher wrote:
He just needs to keep his feet inbounds.
FRS

United States

#15 Dec 7, 2007
Throwing a ball to Winslow is like throwing to flypaper. Hands of SuperGlue. A big heart to match.
Jason

Girard, OH

#16 Dec 7, 2007
Some of you guys are idiots... K2 is a team player and has proven that he has matured. I think personal goals are very important, and having them gives you incentive to work hard everyday. K2 has played hurt the last seasons, yet he continues to put it all on the field. He deserves a Pro Bowl this year, and breaking his father's record (who is still considered the best TE ever) would be a great accomplishment.
But I am sure he would also sacrifice that record for a playoff win. Good Luck K2!
Jason

Girard, OH

#17 Dec 7, 2007
We will have 2-3 Pro Bowlers this year.

K2 & Cribbs will go, and maybe Braylon. We have some other notables that have a shot depending on how the season goes... S. Jones, J Lewis, and longer shots are Thomas and Anderson.If J Lewis can string together 100 games for the rest of the season he will have somewhere around 1200-1300 yds at least, despite missing some games.cS Jones needs a couple more picks.

To OMG your comments are always ignorant, regardless of what the subject is about.
Mike

Boston, MA

#18 Dec 7, 2007
I'll take K2's toughness and clutchness over all those yardage guys.

Dallas Clark!!!!!!!?!! C'mon is right!
Chad

Cleveland, OH

#19 Dec 7, 2007
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>Dream on. No pro bowl Browns except maybe Cribbs.
We will see!!
hdawg

Lakewood, OH

#20 Dec 7, 2007
I think you'll see Cribbs and Braylon Edwards selected to the Pro Bowl. Winslow or Anderson COULD get there, but it may take somebody backing out for them to get in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Gates Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Envisioning the New Viking Offense May '14 viking nation 4
Raiders Can Play Spoiler For Chargers' Playoff ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Flynnished 7
One Man's Opinion: Chargers' playoff hopes thre... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois Garcia 1
One Man's Opinion: Stormy days ahead for Charge... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Crap Thunder 2
Hurricane Paul weakens to Cat 2 storm in Pacific (Oct '12) Oct '12 Krap Thunder 2
Over the Rivers and through the Air to Oakland'... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dec 2012 8
Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates Will Not Play A... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Antonio Gates People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••