Reserves give Chargers win

Reserves give Chargers win

There are 11 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 13, 2008, titled Reserves give Chargers win. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Billy Volek didn't get much sleep Saturday night, about two or three hours. And each time the San Diego backup quarterback awoke from his restless slumber, he feared he had missed the team bus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

kevin kenndy

Bloomington, IN

#1 Jan 14, 2008
kevin kenndy i live 1040 e elm greenwood indiana 46142 i need a job i have no money no life and the colts loss too why [email protected]
ihave no computer at all [email protected] they have jobs why can i get one no rent money too thank you no jobs i go every where they want
me too go now thank you leave a note on my door tape up thank you no money
Give em SomeCredit

Washington, DC

#2 Jan 14, 2008
C'mon let's give the Colts a little credit for Volek's drive: a 15 yard facemask penalty and automatic first down on a third down play where the Colts had them stopped! Nice job Marlin Jackson.
Anon

United States

#3 Jan 14, 2008
The visitors, 10-point underdogs against the defending Super Bowl champions, persevered with key plays by backups against the NFL's No. 1 scoring defense....

Boy does that say a lot!!!
Bolt Backer

San Diego, CA

#4 Jan 14, 2008
Hey Colts fans, we feel your pain out here in San Diego this morning. Believe me when I say that the Chargers undersdand the disappointment of losing at home in the playoffs to an underdog after a bye. It just ain't right, but it happens. You folks in Indy have a great team though, and you can look forward to new stadium and another outstanding season in 2008. This too shall pass.
Bolt Backer

San Diego, CA

#5 Jan 14, 2008
Hey Colts fans, we feel your pain out here in San Diego this morning. Believe me when I say that the Chargers understand the disappointment of losing at home in the playoffs to an underdog after a bye. It just ain't right, but it happens. You folks in Indy have a great team though, and you can look forward to new stadium and another outstanding season in 2008. This too shall pass.
like2beachargerf an2

Fullerton, CA

#6 Jan 14, 2008
I have to say that I am taken back by the true sportmanship and class of the Indianapolis fans.

This was a very surprising upset and they have been very gracious in defeat.

My two favorite teams are the Bolts and the Colts!

Next Year!
ZagLono

Bremerton, WA

#7 Jan 14, 2008
Colts fans, keep your heads up. Charger fans also know the pain of flaming out in the playoffs...at home to an underdog after a bye week. We've done it, too. But you could stop whining about the refs. I think their bad calls went both ways, i.e. the "holding" call on Weddle during Cromartie's interception runback. That wasn't holding. Oh, and that mystery "pass interference" call against the Chargers late in the fourth quarter? What the heck was that? At least the refs did get the taunting call right after Kaeding's missed FG but that was pretty hard not to see.
Joe Jake from San Diego

Oceanside, CA

#9 Jan 14, 2008
Love those San Diego Chargers...
Patriots will be surprised...Jake
Don

Lawrenceville, GA

#10 Jan 14, 2008
The Chargers game was absolutely outstanding and to have Billy Volek drive for a touch down...WOW! The entire team played with a hunger to win I have not seen in years. So, who's next!?
Steve-O

Long Beach, CA

#11 Jan 14, 2008
Thanks to all the Colts fans who gave the Chargers their props for going into a really loud hostile enviroment, and pulling off the win. That showed all us Charger fans some class.
Phil R

Lodi, CA

#12 Jan 14, 2008
I'm the wiz ! I'm the wiz! Nobody beats me ! I'm the wiz.{sparkling smile}

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Gates Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Envisioning the New Viking Offense (May '14) May '14 viking nation 4
News Raiders Can Play Spoiler For Chargers' Playoff ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Flynnished 7
News One Man's Opinion: Chargers' playoff hopes thre... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois Garcia 1
News One Man's Opinion: Stormy days ahead for Charge... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Crap Thunder 2
News Hurricane Paul weakens to Cat 2 storm in Pacific (Oct '12) Oct '12 Krap Thunder 2
News Over the Rivers and through the Air to Oakland'... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dec 2012 8
News Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates Will Not Play A... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web