How The Star's writers see it

How The Star's writers see it

There are 79 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 10, 2008, titled How The Star's writers see it. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

This isn't about revenge or payback or any catchy word you want to use. It's about one team being better than the other.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
broncotodd

Covington, KY

#1 Jan 11, 2008
Wow, what a shock all the local homers picked the colts. What is going to happen when the colts lose? What are you homers going to do then?
ColtsFan

Middleton, WI

#2 Jan 11, 2008
broncotodd wrote:
Wow, what a shock all the local homers picked the colts. What is going to happen when the colts lose? What are you homers going to do then?
They writers are picking the BETTER TEAM to win, that's all. Not too complicated.

Go Colts!!
Beat the Chargers!!
TimFromSD

Boston, MA

#3 Jan 11, 2008
Funny how memory is selective.

In the last SD-Indy matchup, Indy fans recall the Indy injuries, the missed FG, and Manning's picks. But don't forget, it was a bizarre game on BOTH sides of the ball.

Rivers had a pass intercepted in the Colts endzone in which it bounced off two Colts defenders hands, landed on a player's back without touching the ground, and was picked up for an interception. That's a 7 point swing.

In the 4th quarter, Rivers, had the ball slip out of his hands as he went back to pass (unforced fumble). A SD lineman couldn't find it even though it was a foot or two away from him, allowing a Colts defender to run around and fall on it for 7 points.

Vinateri's famously missed FG attempt in the final seconds was set up because Pro Bowl tight end A. Gates let a pass bounce off his hands, allowing it to be intercepted.

Chance is a part of football, but it usually affects both sides.

Looking forward to the game.
Indy Fan

United States

#4 Jan 11, 2008
broncotodd wrote:
Do you pick the opposing team just not to pick the home team? Or do you give legitimate reasons for your pick? The Charges did not win earlier this season as much as the Colts lost it. A champion team does not lose to the same team twice. Hear that Mr. Brady?
stillfungi

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Jan 11, 2008
broncotodd wrote:
Just like those homers in vegas eh genius? Colts are now laying 9. We heard your mouth, where's your money?

Colts 37 Chargers 17
Ace

AOL

#6 Jan 11, 2008
Yeah, I'm sure mr brady is scared to death of goober and his buddies ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Dude

Troy, MI

#7 Jan 11, 2008
broncotodd wrote:
Wow, what a shock all the local homers picked the colts.
So have all the national guys... and vegas.
Ben Waiting

Palo Alto, CA

#8 Jan 11, 2008
Ace wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure mr brady is scared to death of goober and his buddies ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
I've been waiting my entire life to be witness to such wisdom as that contained in Ace's prosaic post. Thank you sir. Thank you for making my life complete.
supercolts

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 11, 2008
broncotodd wrote:
ur a joke broncoretodd...Its called commonsense. The Colts are favored so why wouldnt they predict the better team to win. Let me guess ur a Broncos fan??? lol
gordie

Mansfield, MA

#10 Jan 11, 2008
I think Kravitz has it right. I don't see SD scoring much, but they'll keep Indy under 30. Indy wins by over double digits.
Grendels04

Stockton, NJ

#11 Jan 11, 2008
broncotodd wrote:
If the Colts should lose (heaven forbid) then we will do what any smart club will do, review the tape, figure out what we did wrong and get ready for the draft - DUH!
Grendels04

Stockton, NJ

#12 Jan 11, 2008
TimFromSD wrote:
Funny how memory is selective.
In the last SD-Indy matchup, Indy fans recall the Indy injuries, the missed FG, and Manning's picks. But don't forget, it was a bizarre game on BOTH sides of the ball.
Rivers had a pass intercepted in the Colts endzone in which it bounced off two Colts defenders hands, landed on a player's back without touching the ground, and was picked up for an interception. That's a 7 point swing.
In the 4th quarter, Rivers, had the ball slip out of his hands as he went back to pass (unforced fumble). A SD lineman couldn't find it even though it was a foot or two away from him, allowing a Colts defender to run around and fall on it for 7 points.
Vinateri's famously missed FG attempt in the final seconds was set up because Pro Bowl tight end A. Gates let a pass bounce off his hands, allowing it to be intercepted.
Chance is a part of football, but it usually affects both sides.
Looking forward to the game.
Good points, Tim. That game was very bizzare. The only thing that comes close to that game was the Miami - vs- Pittsburgh game, the one where the field was so torn up and soaking wet that a punted ball landed point down in the turf!

I am also looking forward to the game. I think it's going to be a blast! You guys are tough, and you're healthy again (just like us). I'll be interested to see how you all match up in the RCA dome.
still playing

Scottsdale, AZ

#13 Jan 11, 2008
Hey who are the Broncos playing this week?
broncotodd wrote:
oneblankspace

United States

#14 Jan 11, 2008
An LA Times poll (I saw it at http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/ ) had 64.5% of their respondents picking the Colts over the Chargers. I could not find any predictions on the SD Union-Tribune web site.
Chris

Kenosha, WI

#15 Jan 11, 2008
I'm for anyone that the Colts are playing. GO Chargers!!!!!!!!!!
dr scott

Pittsburg, CA

#16 Jan 11, 2008
Have been following your columns from afar: You 4 have absolutely no unique insight into this game! None. Good Lord, read your predictions---3rd grade rehashes of the same 3 nationally syndicated stories. The Colts were minus six players (and the Chargers were minus 4 starters). Rivers gets rattled. Harrison might play. The Chargers will try to run. Make Rivers beat you.
Tell us something we don't know for once, ok?
socalguy

Corona, CA

#17 Jan 11, 2008
Don't forget that Vegas and "everybody: had the Colts winning the LAST game....
Roster Poster

United States

#18 Jan 11, 2008
Ace wrote:
Colts obsessed Patsie fan can't even wait until it's Colt-Patsie week to troll over here-if the "perfect" boys make it that far.

Oh, and the hillbilly reference sure is fresh and clever from another of the east coast elite. Sharp boy.
Dave in the Fort

United States

#19 Jan 11, 2008
Kravtiz has it the closest. If the Colts don't give anything away cheap, this game won't be very tight.
bcoltfan

Boston, MA

#20 Jan 11, 2008
mortgage your homes and double your net worth. this game is a lock to cover and it won't be close. by the time the colts finish their second posession they will be up 14-0 (if the don't score on d) and that's as close as s.d. will get for the rest of the 50 mins to be played. this game represents the greatest disparity between talent and coaching of any of the playoff games and will result in the most lopsided score.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Gates Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Envisioning the New Viking Offense (May '14) May '14 viking nation 4
News Raiders Can Play Spoiler For Chargers' Playoff ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Flynnished 7
News One Man's Opinion: Chargers' playoff hopes thre... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois Garcia 1
News One Man's Opinion: Stormy days ahead for Charge... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Crap Thunder 2
News Hurricane Paul weakens to Cat 2 storm in Pacific (Oct '12) Oct '12 Krap Thunder 2
News Over the Rivers and through the Air to Oakland'... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dec 2012 8
News Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates Will Not Play A... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web