What's left to motivate Ravens? Not losing to winless Dolphins

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Players and coaches have to think and talk one game at a time, so yesterday in their cramped quarters at Qualcomm Stadium, the Ravens could only look far enough ahead to next Monday night, when the New England ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mikezpen

New Cumberland, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Heck, why beat Miami? Let 'em go 4-12 and get a high pick in the draft.They were 4-12 in their first season in Baltimore but drafted Ray Lewis and John Ogden. That's the kind of people we need now.
swiftsilent1

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

we are pathetic...the injuries combined with a 10 year lack of offense, has finally done us in.
I LIKE THE REDSKINS

Parkville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

They Ravens are losers. They're old, lazy, and unmotivated. The Ravens are a bunch of "has beens" from Tennessee coupled with old guys and a mid level college quarterback. Why would anybody be a fan?
Brien

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

I LIKE THE REDSKINS wrote:
They Ravens are losers. They're old, lazy, and unmotivated. The Ravens are a bunch of "has beens" from Tennessee coupled with old guys and a mid level college quarterback. Why would anybody be a fan?
Why would anybody be a fan? Because some of the alternatives--like being a deadskin fan--are worse.
bird brained

Chesapeake Beach, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

I LIKE THE REDSKINS wrote:
From a Deadskins' fan. man that's the kettle calling the pot black. Must have sucked on a ton of diesel fumes from Preston Trucking when they were in business. With Dan Snyder as an owner, that is the definition of why anyone would be a fan. Though he is right, the team does need serious new juice.
Zaphod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Snyder? that is the reason I can't stand the Redskins. Cooke was bad enough but Snyder is a complete horses behind! Both as an owner and a human being.
Why would anybody be a fan of the Ravens? Because you stick with your team through thick and thin. You don't walk away just because they are having problems, BIG problems, this year.
Matthew

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

This team might win the Miami game and that is a big might. The only thing to play for now is a frist round pick and it looks like they are doing a great job. It is time to start playing the younger players to see what can be made of next year. The Raven's are making the O's look good.
Ronnie

Cambridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Hopefully they will lose to the Dolphins for their only win of the year. Maybe that will be enough to get BRAIN Billick out of town!!
Cindy

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Again, the offensive line has to hang their heads in shame. I saw Odgen let his man get by and then just stand there while Boller got sacked and the ball stripped. To see even Ray Lewis give up and not try by the fourth quarter was too painful to watch. Why be a Ravens fan? Because they are BALTIMORE's team and they have made us proud for many seasons! And if they can go out there and at least play some decent football -- even if they lose -- they can still make us proud. I'm purple and passionate, even though my team now appears to be black and blue.
Anne

Harmans, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

The Ravens clearly have to look forward to next year and they need to do a complete and thorough evaluation of who to keep, and who to retire/let go/throw away, etc.

There is no doubt we will have a high top ten first round pick, a high second and third, etc. The scouting department needs to work overtime and make sure we don't goof up and squander these picks, particularly the third round, where we have a history of trouble.

Like it or not, we are in a rebuilding mode and the Ravens need to retire some of our greats and long time players. We need to get younger and we need an offensive coordinator who is dynamic and who doesn't have to report to Brian Billick.
Scarano

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

The good news is that Billick didn't lose this game. The bad news is the Ravens still got hammered. Boller did a good job under the circumstances. The offensive line is hurting. The defensive line can't pressure the QB. The defensive secondary can't cover receivers. There are mitigating circumstances. Rolle has a lot of courage, but is rusty. He probably shouldn't even play with a history of seizures. Reed looks hurt. McCalister is out. There are just too many key injuries to compete. Ray Lewis is still fired up, but there are just too many problems. Turnovers and poor field position ad infinitum. The Ravens fought the good fight and they deserve credit for that.
Rich

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Heap has been NO help to this team for years. He is always hurt because he doesn't know, after all his years in the game, how to take a hit. He gets hit the hardest of anyone I've seen all the time. Remember who fumbled the 1st Ravens pass in the play-off game with the Colts last year. Enough about Heap missing. I've said it for 7 years "Billick MUST GO". It's no joke. Listen to the Pats players after a game and listen to the Ravens players. 1 team has football respect for there coach and and 1 team is happy to get paid and we'll get them the next week - Right.
Rich

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Just think if the BALTIMORE COLTS in the 60's had Bill Bilichick as a head coach rather than that bum Shula. We''d would have had 10 championships in a row. As bad as Shula was he's 10 times the coach Billick is. And that's not saying much. Thank God for the good teams in football the Steelers, Dallas, Jacksonville, Colts, etc. but most of all the Pats. Thank you Eagles for the great performance last night in New England. We'll see what Billick can do against the Pats at home next Monday. 38 - 9 ? 58 - 6 ?.
AlsBaltimore

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

He is nasty, arrogant, and stubborn and the team is losing. Why are you still keeping him ?? Fire Billick and hire Dilfer whwn he retires from SF he was responsible for the Super Bowl ring anyway.
Patience

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Please give Billick and Boller a chance. They need 3 more years to be able to develop a reliable offensive game. Shift your attention to the Orioles until 2011 and then buy season tickets for the Ravens, you won't regret it.

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Forget about the Dolphins... Let's go out there and demoralize the "unbeatable" Patriots... Injuries aside, our team is much better than we've been playing.

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

And all you "play for a draft pick" talkers... you should give away your purple jerseys and become Patriot fans. Shame on you! You should all bow your heads with respect to Cindy who comments: "Why be a Ravens fan? Because they are BALTIMORE's team and they have made us proud for many seasons! And if they can go out there and at least play some decent football -- even if they lose -- they can still make us proud."
Did Ray Lewis play

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Maybe now the fans, at least REAL fans and not the ones drinking purple kool-aid, will see that Ray Lewis is a has-been. Where's this vaunted Ray Lewis defense? Wasn't he the one who said he needed a big body on the D-line? Nhata and Gregg look pretty big to me and are holding their own, but where's Ray Lewis? For that matter, where's Suggs? McAlister, Scott? Can't have Ed Reed running all over the place. Oh, wait, they did have a multi-tasker last year in Adalius Thomas but they chose to let him go and keep Lewis. Meanwhle AD will be getting another ring soon and Lewis will no doubt continue to do what he does best: blame the officiating, blame the play calling, blame Brian Billick and cry for more fat guys on the D-Line. The time has come to sever ties with the likes of Ray Lewis, Ogden, McAlister, McNair, injury prone Todd Heap, and all the other old timers on the team and start all over again. Says a lot about a team when a place kicker is the team MVP, but Matt Stover deserves all the accolades he gets. He's one guy who always shows up for work, and most of all never complains or places blame elsewhere.
Dave

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

I turned off the game after the 2nd. quarter. Billick, and his coaching staff have to go. Why do people keep saying "wait until next year?" What does that mean, we continue to support a team that can't win because the coach is a loser. Billick is a BS from the word go, I won't watch another Raven game until Billick is gone. I am not upset with the losses, just the fact that Billick stinks as a coach .... and Biscoti isn't that far behind him in rating owners. Why did Biscoti give this loser a 5 year contract? That showed me just plain stupidity.
Wake Up

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

bird brained wrote:
<quoted text>
From a Deadskins' fan. man that's the kettle calling the pot black. Must have sucked on a ton of diesel fumes from Preston Trucking when they were in business. With Dan Snyder as an owner, that is the definition of why anyone would be a fan. Though he is right, the team does need serious new juice.
Snyder is an arrogant little man.
The FIRST thing he did upon buying the team was fire all the little people who worked at Redskins Park-clerical, grounds, maintenance etc.-without even meeting them! Some of those folks had worked there 20 years and that little Napoleon canned them to feel like a BIG man. He is a pathetic excuse for a human being, absolutely pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antonio Gates Discussions

Search the Antonio Gates Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Envisioning the New Viking Offense May '14 viking nation 4
Raiders Can Play Spoiler For Chargers' Playoff ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Flynnished 7
One Man's Opinion: Chargers' playoff hopes thre... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois Garcia 1
One Man's Opinion: Stormy days ahead for Charge... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Crap Thunder 2
Hurricane Paul weakens to Cat 2 storm in Pacific (Oct '12) Oct '12 Krap Thunder 2
Over the Rivers and through the Air to Oakland'... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dec 2012 8
Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates Will Not Play A... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••