Boilers bounce back

Boilers bounce back

There are 265 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 27, 2007, titled Boilers bounce back. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

In what appeared early to be a blowout, Purdue held off Central Michigan 51-48 in the Motor City Bowl at Ford Field on Wednesday night when Chris Summers kicked a 40-yard field goal as time expired.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
ErnieB

Indianapolis, IN

#264 Dec 31, 2007
Hitchcock Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do they live? I agree with the other guy...I've never met anyone like that and I've had IU bball season tickets for 13 years. Both of my younger brothers go to IU and I've been to many a backyard BBQ, again...never once met an IU/ND fan. I'm sure a few of them exist, but it cracks me up that you Purdorks are under the assumption that like 80% of IU fans root for Notre Dame. Personally, I hate ND almost as bad as I hate PeeU.
They live in this state moron - Fishers, Indy, Greenwood and Noblesville are where the few I know live. Quit being an insincere d-bag, brush your one tooth, gargle with your whiskey and go back to flipping burgers, unless that interferes with your panhandling down on the Circle. BTW, I love what the LOOSIERS are doing tonight against OK STATE - nice pride. BTW, I never said 80% of IU fans root for ND - another one of your brilliant calculations, idiot.
ErnieB

Indianapolis, IN

#265 Dec 31, 2007
Reality wrote:
Look at the last 6-7 years bro. IU has won like 13 of 15. That "huge lead" for Purdue has been dwindling away over the decades and now IU is taking a huge chunk out of it.
You mean like from '96 -'00 when Purdue was 7-3 against IU, bro? Face it moron, you'll never catch up. And that really chaps your sensitive little butt. Both teams go on runs where they dominate, then you get a few years of parity where they split, then more runs. But you'll never go on enough runs to catch us - ever. Truth hurts.
ErnieB

Indianapolis, IN

#266 Dec 31, 2007
Jacob P wrote:
"does everyone realize that curtis painter is on track to become the big 10's all time career pass yardage leader."
Do you realize that last year Curtis Painter LED THE NATION (yes - the NATION) in interceptions? Look, he racks up stats against nobody schools and he chokes against good defenses. He has 3rd string NFL QB (or maybe even arena league) written all over him.
That was last year - not this year, his TD-INT ratio was one of the best in the country this year, get the facts straight moron.
ErnieB

Indianapolis, IN

#267 Dec 31, 2007
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't tell if you are joking or not...but you're pretty much dead wrong with your entire post. IU is indeed on the "short list" as far as greatest NCAA basketball programs of all time. Right there with Kansas, Duke, UCLA, etc. If you can't admit that, then you are lying to yourself. Period.
The only folks lying are you and your fellow LOOSIERS. Go outside of Indiana some time - the LOOSIERS are not anyone's short list - except for mental and physical shortcomings.

“Opinionated? ...ME?”

Since: Jan 07

Yeah...I was born there!

#268 Jan 6, 2008
ErnieB wrote:
<quoted text>
The only folks lying are you and your fellow LOOSIERS. Go outside of Indiana some time - the LOOSIERS are not anyone's short list - except for mental and physical shortcomings.
ErnieB, Drugs are bad! You need to set down the crack pipe and think before you type! I won't even dignify your ignorance with a proper response. I'll leave that to Wikipedia. Bear in mind, Wikipedia does not have any stronger ties to Indiana than anywhere else. This isn't biased information...it's simply factual and damning to your previous false statements. "Indiana has won five NCAA Championships in men's basketball (1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, 1987)— the first two under coach Branch McCracken and the later three under Bob Knight — and 20 Big Ten Conference championships. The Hoosiers' five NCAA Championships are the third-most in history, trailing only UCLA (11) and Kentucky (7). Their eight trips to the Final Four ranks seventh on the all-time list. The Hoosiers have made 32 appearances in the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament (fifth-most in NCAA history). In those 32 appearances, Indiana has posted 52 victories, the sixth-most in NCAA history. The Hoosiers also won post-season tournaments in 1974, the Collegiate Commissioners Association Tournament, and in 1979, the National Invitation Tournament.

Men's basketball at IU grew phenomenally popular during Knight's tenure. Indiana has ranked in the top 15 nationally in men's basketball attendance every season since Assembly Hall opened in 1972, and often in the top five.[2]" - Taken from Wikipedia. The link is below in case you'd like to educate yourself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Hoosiers...
The facts speak for themselves...actually it may be the 5 NCAA Championship banners that do the talking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Column: Super Bowl matchup masks an ugly year o... Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Bookies on edge as they wait for Roethlisberger... Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers hold on for improbable 18-1... Jan '16 Fart news 10
News Steelers Ready For Dynamic Offense (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 4
News NFL Power Rankings: Top 5 Passing Combinations ... (May '15) May '15 stewart scott 8
News Ben Roethlisberger is the first QB in NFL histo... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Booze and Boobs 1
News Time for Steelers' Mike Tomlin to fire his two ... (Nov '13) Jan '14 Carl 4
More from around the web