Boilers bounce back

There are 20 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 27, 2007, titled Boilers bounce back. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

In what appeared early to be a blowout, Purdue held off Central Michigan 51-48 in the Motor City Bowl at Ford Field on Wednesday night when Chris Summers kicked a 40-yard field goal as time expired.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
uh huh

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Dec 27, 2007
Boiler UP!
Fred Akers

Columbus, OH

#2 Dec 27, 2007
Is Central Michigan in the same conference as Wofford? Purdue is playing some real powerhouse teams. Did any PU players get arrested following the game?

Since: Mar 07

Newark, OH

#3 Dec 27, 2007
I hope that Purdue realizes how LUCKY they were to beat Central Michigan ....
looking

United States

#4 Dec 27, 2007
all i saw was #5 for Purdue trying to stop #7 for Central Michigan who beat him on every play. Brock must have missed this as he didn't change a thing.
hoosier daddy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Dec 27, 2007
iu is better than purdue! yahoo! hickup
hey ignorant iu fan

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Dec 27, 2007
Fred Akers wrote:
Is Central Michigan in the same conference as Wofford? Purdue is playing some real powerhouse teams. Did any PU players get arrested following the game?
wofford is actually a 1-aa powerhouse in football.
IU has the history of losing to 1-aa teams in football so you best shut up.
REALITY Hits

Pryor, OK

#8 Dec 27, 2007
IU and Purdue are LOSERS IN FOOTBALL...Purdue can barely beat a rudy-pooot team...COME ON BIG 10! IU just there: COME ON BIG 10....

RUDY-POOOOOOT TEAMS:
Buzzy

South Bend, IN

#9 Dec 27, 2007
It is a shame that Purdue couldn't muster that much offense against other Big 10 oponents this year, or they would be playing in a New Years Day, or BSC Bowl game. Good start for the Big 10. Odds are good it may be the only bowl game the conference wins this bowl season.
June Cleaver

San Jose, CA

#10 Dec 27, 2007
Hey IU fans... stick to supporting your team and don't worry about Purdue. In all actuality, neither team should have been in a bowl - just enjoy your first bowl in a long time and try not to look as bad on the field as you do on the message boards.
URRETARDED

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#11 Dec 27, 2007
hey ignorant iu fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a great point moron. The only problem is that you said "history" that is where you messed up, because who has the bucket now??? I think that clears things up for all of you Boiler fans. Have a great day and I hope that you have a Happy New Year. Oh, don't forget to watch the Hoosiers play a 1A team on the 31st of Dec. Peace
taxpaying hoosier

United States

#12 Dec 27, 2007
All of our attention and resources going to one of the "Big II" in Indiana as they celebrate a win against a "Mid Major" across the stateline, woohoo!

“Opinionated? ...ME?”

Since: Jan 07

Yeah...I was born there!

#13 Dec 27, 2007
hey ignorant iu fan wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! That must explain why they are a household name, right? Wofford Terriers...who's scared of a terrier? My mom had a Yorkie Terrier and the stupid thing never quit yapping. Reminds me of someone I'm replying to right now! Say what you will, but the might terriers were 9-3 this year playing in the 1aa! Woo-Hoo! How exactly is 9-3 a powerhouse? You remind me of the girl from the NCAA Bracket skit on Peyton Manning's SNL appearance! Randomly picking teams based on the name of their mascots. "The Butler Bulldogs...so cute!" Too funny!
THINK

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Dec 27, 2007
Way to go Boilers, great victory over that football powerhouse CMU. The offense was great against a CMU defense that reminds one of LSU. The defensive scheme by Coach Spack to shut down an offense that reminds one of USC was beyond words. Sure hope West Virginia does not consider Coach Tiller since he beat CMU twice. But if Coach Tiller would leave, Surely Morgan Burke would hire Coach Spack. Great season Boilers 8-5 overall and 3-5 in Big Ten. Can't wait until next year, maybe National Champs!!!!
Colts Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Dec 27, 2007
Way to go PU. Shame it had to beat a team with a quarterback as good as Dan LeFevour. Who is a much overlooked player because of not playing on a known team. Next year Dan, they know you now.
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

#16 Dec 27, 2007
Here is the ugly side-story to this eak-out win by PU......for all the folks who wanted Tiller gone this win will keep him at PU for atleast another year. That means PU is going to be mediocre for atleast another year. What you needed if you were a PU fan looking for a change was a huge blowout win by CMU. Or atleast a win in any fashion by CMU might have been enough to get Tiller out. Sorry to those Boiler fans who felt like it was time for a change as I know there are a lot of you. This was the worst possible outcome for PU longterm. Not only was it obvious that CMU had gotten much better during the year, but PU has obviously gotten much worse at the same time.

I guess a win is a win this morning for PU fans, but your defense is horrendous. Its worse than IU's. Way worse. 4 TDs scored in the 3rd quarter alone by CMU? That is not big time D1 football. That is soft. Charmin soft.

I would be interested in knowing how PU fans feel about the win this morning as it related to the longterm success of PU football. I watched the game with some fellow IU grads and some PU grads I had known since high school. Over half of the PU grads thought this win was just what PU did not need.......a ticket for Tiller to stay and another year next year of mediocrity. A blowout would have gotten you the change you all so badly want.

Good win as far as an IU fan is concerned. I personally dont want to see Tiller go anywhere!! HAHA
slackers

Portsmouth, NH

#17 Dec 27, 2007
Painter looks like a cabbage patch kid.

that is all.
jmoyars

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Dec 27, 2007
Lets go Hoosiers wrote:
Here is the ugly side-story to this eak-out win by PU......for all the folks who wanted Tiller gone this win will keep him at PU for atleast another year. That means PU is going to be mediocre for atleast another year. What you needed if you were a PU fan looking for a change was a huge blowout win by CMU. Or atleast a win in any fashion by CMU might have been enough to get Tiller out. Sorry to those Boiler fans who felt like it was time for a change as I know there are a lot of you. This was the worst possible outcome for PU longterm. Not only was it obvious that CMU had gotten much better during the year, but PU has obviously gotten much worse at the same time.
I guess a win is a win this morning for PU fans, but your defense is horrendous. Its worse than IU's. Way worse. 4 TDs scored in the 3rd quarter alone by CMU? That is not big time D1 football. That is soft. Charmin soft.
I would be interested in knowing how PU fans feel about the win this morning as it related to the longterm success of PU football. I watched the game with some fellow IU grads and some PU grads I had known since high school. Over half of the PU grads thought this win was just what PU did not need.......a ticket for Tiller to stay and another year next year of mediocrity. A blowout would have gotten you the change you all so badly want.
Good win as far as an IU fan is concerned. I personally dont want to see Tiller go anywhere!! HAHA
The offense looked great for most of the game!! The defense was really sharp in the 1st half but fell apart.
Let's give Tiller 1 more year. The worse case is that we do not make it to a bowl game next year. If we fire him who will be his replacement? Coach Spack's defense has struggled all year.
No wonder we struggled the last 4 games of the year. Painter had a partial rotar cuff injury.
I was glad to see Purdue win even if they do not belong in a bowl game.
Michigan State and IU do not belong in bowl games either. You should have to finish at least .500 in your conference.
IU's defense will really be tested by OSU.
I wonder how many fans will be at the IU game? I noticed that IU is reporting selling alot of tickets. But how accurate is that number? After all if you are student and showed your ID by 12-15-07 you got a free ticket to the game.

“Opinionated? ...ME?”

Since: Jan 07

Yeah...I was born there!

#19 Dec 27, 2007
slackers wrote:
Painter looks like a cabbage patch kid.
that is all.
That is stinkin' hilarious!
Stop choking

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Dec 27, 2007
Oh my God!! They almost blew the game again against a team they hammered earlier in the year.
(Typical)

When will we wake up!! Boiler football is, was, and always will be mediocre.

As an alumnus, it pains me to say that.

Keep Tiller, who cares? Is he any worse than Jim Young, Leon Burtnett, or Jim Coletto?

This is as good as it will ever get people.
BTFU

West Lafayette, IN

#21 Dec 27, 2007
I thought the Star said it was going to cover big games and post season stuff??? What the hell???

BOILER UP!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonio Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben Roethlisberger is the first QB in NFL histo... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Booze and Boobs 1
News Time for Steelers' Mike Tomlin to fire his two ... (Nov '13) Jan '14 Carl 4
News Pittsburgh Steelers Team MVP: NPC Co-Editors Ta... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Braiden 1
News Miami Dolphins survive close call with Steelers... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Tomlin Sideline S... 2
News Ben Roethlisberger Show: Don't Get Mad, Make Plays (Oct '13) Oct '13 Ricardo Montalban 5
News Josh Robinson is a Major Liability for Minnesot... (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPmies 4
News Why Pittsburgh Steelers Will Have Their Hands F... (Oct '13) Oct '13 The Autumn Wind 2
More from around the web