Minnesota Vikings' cornerback tandem ...

Minnesota Vikings' cornerback tandem among NFL's best

There are 25 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 19, 2009, titled Minnesota Vikings' cornerback tandem among NFL's best. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Growing up in Akron, Ohio, Antoine Winfield was used to being the smallest kid in neighborhood football games with his older cousins and friends.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Distro

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 19, 2009
If you are a Vikings/Packers/Farve Fan, check this out. Pass it around.

http://distroguys.com/football/
Uncle Rico

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 19, 2009
wow... this isn't a homer article at all...

C'mon. I agree with Winfield, but the tandem among the NFL's best?? Winfield is an amazing tackler, and both are pretty good jamming receivers at the line, but to call them among the NFL's best - that's a stretch.

According to the Pioneer Press, the '09 Vikings are the greatest team to ever grace a football field.

'Betcha I could throw it over dem der mountains.'

- Uncle Rico

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#3 Dec 19, 2009
i dont think they come anywhere close to a nfl's best tandem just for the simple fact they give up huge numbers in the pass game ALWAYS. they played tough against the bengals but they will have to prove they can hang with the big boys now that they are going into the post season. winfield is a great tackler and only gives up 1 or 2 big plays per game so we cant complain. lets not forget it was him chasing ocho cinco while he was scoring the only touchdown the bengals scored. go vikes
Mark

Middleton, WI

#4 Dec 20, 2009
All corners get beat from time to time...it's the nature of the beast. Now, maybe it's just me, but I'd like to see a few playoff wins for our tandem before they discuss how they rank among the league's CB's. We have a big one tonight and the focus should be on that task alone. Win, and the rest of this stuff takes care of itself.

Since: Jun 08

Pine Island, MN

#5 Dec 20, 2009
Distro wrote:
If you are a Vikings/Packers/Farve Fan, check this out. Pass it around.
http://distroguys.com/football/
Those a great!
Truth

United States

#6 Dec 20, 2009
That's funny, seeing as how most NFL GMs would deem that to be one of the weak links on this Vikings team. Wha happened o he old days when you actually did research to wrie an article? I tccould write this garbage.
CBack3

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 20, 2009
the secondary is only as good as their pass rush, and the Arizona game is a prime example. As long as they bring pressure to opposing QB's, the pass defense should be ok.
Letting Sharper go may come back to haunt the vikes. They should've found a better way in accommadating his skills with their defensive schemes. vikes v.s. saints will be intriguing to watch if they meet in the playoffs.
Nick

Rio Rancho, NM

#8 Dec 20, 2009
Just finished watching the Viking game if you can call this a football game.
If anybody thinks this team will win the Super Bowl must be crazy I thought the Airzona game was just a bad game by the Vikes but tonight was what
lets see our pass defense stunk
our pass rush stunk
our passing game stunk
out rush offense stunk
when will we ever learn to fall on a fumble
lets not help block Peppers What I want to know is what ajustments were made at half time NONE NONE
I really cant believe we are 11-3 the way the Vikes looked tonight they could not beat any high scool team I am sooo mad
MN Observer

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Dec 20, 2009
Winfield did not look all that great tonight.
kim soon duk

United States

#10 Dec 20, 2009
who the hell is that fat offensive tackle that couldn't block peppers,,,,i see him i gonna kick his ass,,,vikes very very poor,,,me go watch bengles play, you guys suck,hope farve goes to a good team next year,, bye retards
nt5engineer

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Dec 20, 2009
Every time we praise somebody, they look like pee-wee football players. They both stunk against the Panthers tonight. Yesterday, the "experts" were saying that McKinnie should be in the Pro-Bowl. He is incapable of blocking anybody, whether it's bull rushing ends or finesse ends. Why wasn't Kleinsasser assisting wherever Pepper was? Vikings were totally out-coached and out-played again.
Chumpqueens

San Jose, CA

#12 Dec 20, 2009
Minnesota Vikings' cornerback tandem among NFL's best?

This is a joke right?

The majority of us just watched a backup Panthers QB torch them.
Chumpqueens

San Jose, CA

#13 Dec 20, 2009
bulldog3 wrote:
winfield is a great tackler and only gives up 1 or 2 big plays per game so we cant complain.
Wow, you really know what you are talking about. Should have waited until after the Panthers game so you would look like such a dumbass.
kim soon duk

United States

#14 Dec 20, 2009
nt5engineer wrote:
Every time we praise somebody, they look like pee-wee football players. They both stunk against the Panthers tonight. Yesterday, the "experts" were saying that McKinnie should be in the Pro-Bowl. He is incapable of blocking anybody, whether it's bull rushing ends or finesse ends. Why wasn't Kleinsasser assisting wherever Pepper was? Vikings were totally out-coached and out-played again.
....Please, examine thyself. man with hand in his pocket feels cocky all day....another bone i need to bury
nt5engineer

Colorado Springs, CO

#15 Dec 20, 2009
Need to vent again. Vikes did not show up to play. That has to be squarely on the head coach. Childress would be a good director of player personnel but I just don't understand why people think he's a head coach. Head coaches inspire their people, they get their leaders to be leaders. I just don't see that on the Vikings at all. They should have trounced the Panthers tonight but instead had their butts handed to them. The team should hang their collective heads in shame and the owners should ponder why they gave this head coach an extension so early. Shades of earlier days when the Vikings kept Denny but allowed Dungy and Billick to go coach (and win) SuperBowls. We also let some other guy go, what's his name:-) oh yeah, Mikey T goes and wins one in Pittsburgh last year and the Viking's keep?(predictable, flatline Childress). Sheesh Zygi, pull your head out.
kim soon duk

United States

#17 Dec 20, 2009
we all pissed,,hope team gets it together for the last big run,,,maybe this asswhippin will do the trick..peaceout
sledge

Big Lake, MN

#18 Dec 20, 2009
few weeks back they were the best tackling corners in the league according to Frazier .... only to miss tackles all over the field the next game .... then the corners were torched by the Cards .... and then tonights PATHETIC showing....These so called ELITE corners were TORCHED by a BUM of a QB and missed tackles all over the field .... Winfield is a good tackler and that's about it .... teams always complete passes on him and he's been back for ywo games and has given up td's in each game and can thank Griffin for riding the back of a Panther for 15 yards(does that count for being a good tackler) and finally dragging him down at the 5 yard line or he would have been burned for a pair of td's tonght....i got a idea .... QUIT with all the super HOMER articles .... you make it sound as if EVERY Viking should be pro bowl bound you FOOLS
Chumpqueens

San Jose, CA

#19 Dec 20, 2009
Uncle Rico wrote:
According to the Pioneer Press, the '09 Vikings are the greatest team to ever grace a football field.
What do they know right? Lets ask the lowly Panthers and thier backup QB.
FudgePackerKilla

Phuket, Thailand

#20 Dec 21, 2009
Best corners in the league?? You must be frickin kidding me! Forget about the best, not even good corners get torched by Matt Moore. What a joke, like an earlier poster mentioned, no halftime adjustments. I blame Childress for the loss. Two prime-time games in a row we've flatlined the whole game. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER VIKINGS, AND QUICKLY!
Big Al

Kelseyville, CA

#21 Dec 22, 2009
Neither of them could cover a peanut with a circus tent. The Vikings have had one of the worst pass defenses in the league for years. Winfield at least can tackle 'em after they catch it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
News Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
News 10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
News Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
News Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
News Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
More from around the web