Vikings laud safety Madieu Williams for his $2 million donation...

Wide receiver Owen Daniels #81 of the Houston Texans makes a reception against safety Madieu Williams #20 of the Minnesota Vikings at Reliant Stadium on August 31, 2009 in Houston, Texas. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Murph

Tomah, WI

#22 Nov 24, 2009
Saw some spectacular misses when it came to tackling earlier this year from Madieu!! Hopefully,his eyesight can match his generosity for a few more games and the Super Bowl!.
taylor28

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Nov 24, 2009
Casanova Frankenstein wrote:
Football players get paid way, way, way too much. It's right to applaud his generosity, but seriously folks: Should a guy get paid that much dough because he's a good ballplayer? You're paying for stadiums, etc. to help him pull down that coin.
If all of the NFL players were as generous and gentlemanly, I might not complain.
YES...musicians, actors, business men/women, etc... get paid that type of $ because they have a talent that we don't have. I'm sure if ur son or daughter has that kind of talent and gets paid for it u wouldn't be questioning or complaining. Wether one or all decide to give from the heart...we should all applaud their generosity...its not a time to complain. I believe that's a big chunk from his salary...cause i know he doesn't have a Manning or Moss type contract. God bless u many folds for your kindness and generosity.
taylor28

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Nov 24, 2009
FudgePackerKilla wrote:
maybe hes giving this money back because he feels guilty and like he doesnt deserve it. You know what? He's right! Start tackling out there son or begone!
I want to see u give back 10-20% of ur salary to anybody...i don't think so...give hime a break...he's my favorite Vikes now not because of how good his talent is but how big his heart is.
Zyg the Pig

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Nov 24, 2009
So where is Zygi's $Billion for the stadium, oh that's right the taxpayer is supposed to donate it to poor little Wilf.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#26 Nov 24, 2009
Amazing. remember, he was taxed on that 2 million. Huge number. Amazing individual.
dirk

Albuquerque, NM

#27 Nov 24, 2009
Madieu does not bid adieu to charity when God grants him gifts.
Team Jersey

Omaha, NE

#28 Nov 24, 2009
I ahve never admired a player enought to buy his team jersey. Until now that is
Colin Campbell

Sudbury, Canada

#29 Nov 25, 2009
@zyg the pig...
Two things...building a new stadium means more jobs for the people of Minnesota..I imagine some of your residents could use the work given the severe recession that's been going on.
Secondly, and most importantly, any tax-payer funding towards the building of said stadium would be recouped in a matter of years (maybe even months if they go to the SB)....Do you have any idea how much money the Vikings organization generates for the state? The number is astronomical.
Maybe they should abolish taxes altogether...that way no one will build new stadiums. Or Hospitals. Or schools; roads; power lines; rail ways; or churches. Think of all the money you'd save!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#30 Nov 25, 2009
Lots of hating the rich comments here, looks like Obama's message is getting through to the weak minded.
Cold Omaha

Minneapolis, MN

#31 Nov 25, 2009
What a great person and a nice gesture--makes me want to buy season tickets again just to watch him play.
Fontana Al

United States

#32 Nov 25, 2009
Good for you Mr. Williams. God doesn't bless us to be selfish and self centered you are neither,he blesses us so that we may be a blessing to others.I am 100% sure your mother raised you right and has always been very proud of you.
Casanova Frankenstein

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Nov 30, 2009
taylor28 wrote:
<quoted text>
YES...musicians, actors, business men/women, etc... get paid that type of $ because they have a talent that we don't have. I'm sure if ur son or daughter has that kind of talent and gets paid for it u wouldn't be questioning or complaining. Wether one or all decide to give from the heart...we should all applaud their generosity...its not a time to complain. I believe that's a big chunk from his salary...cause i know he doesn't have a Manning or Moss type contract. God bless u many folds for your kindness and generosity.
I take it all back. Your argument is bulletproof. Football players don't get paid enough, let's all throw more money at subsidizing professional sports.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
More from around the web