Vikings get good news on wide receiver Percy Harvin's hip injury

Full story: TwinCities.com

Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin has a strained hip, a magnetic resonance imaging exam revealed Monday, suffered on a helmet hit during Sunday's 14-10 loss to the Miami Dolphins.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Seriously

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Now that the Vikes are 0-2, are there any of you fanboys left who still want to nuzzle his nutsack and make excuses for him on the injury reporting issue, or are you ready to admit that he really screwed the team this year?
Seriously

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

I love the hype on Jahvid Best.

The reality isn't quite as impressive through two games:

31 carries for 98 yards, an average of 3.2 yards per carry.

“any questions?”

Since: Jun 10

st.john's, newfoundland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Those are unfortunately nagging kind of things around it, but there's nothing that's dramatic going on there, which is always something you attempt to alleviate," Childress said.
...just like your coaching...GO VIKES!!!

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

PurpleHaze1 wrote:
Those are unfortunately nagging kind of things around it, but there's nothing that's dramatic going on there, which is always something you attempt to alleviate," Childress said.
...just like your coaching...GO VIKES!!!
And the way he talks... wth?
Sherm

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

On NFL network they showed slow motion of fourth and goal from the one where Adrian ran to the right behind Herrera like the play called for . Herrera was knocked two yards back by the defender, and Tahi was suposed to lead into the hole and take the linebacker, instead Tahi ran wide, and ended up blocking no one. Warren Sapp explained the play, and showed how it was Herrera's and Tahi's fault Adrian did not get in.......... then again, that's
how those two usually block. Tahi was twelf man in the huddle in championship
game when Bienamie sent him in without being told to.
GBPmies

Helsinki, Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Sherm wrote:
On NFL network they showed slow motion of fourth and goal from the one where Adrian ran to the right behind Herrera like the play called for . Herrera was knocked two yards back by the defender, and Tahi was suposed to lead into the hole and take the linebacker, instead Tahi ran wide, and ended up blocking no one. Warren Sapp explained the play, and showed how it was Herrera's and Tahi's fault Adrian did not get in.......... then again, that's
how those two usually block. Tahi was twelf man in the huddle in championship
game when Bienamie sent him in without being told to.
Yeah I saw that too. I like how Peterson takes the blame though:) The thing is why the hell were they running to the right side? 4th and goal from the 1 yard line. Need a TD to win. You think you would run behind McKinney and Hutch where your strength is... even if the D expects it you will probably score 9 out of 10 times with Peterson running the ball. Poor play call!

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the way he talks... wth?
...i have ttried numerous times to listen to his "PRESSERS"...30 seconds in; i'm either crying or asleep...it's pretty simple for me: after 40+ years of being a VIKES fan; i don't give a shyt how personable the players are or how psychologically sound they are...i want a SB. it's all well and good that KLINK uses a rollodex for evaluation purposes ( that works for him)...this is not the boy scouts of America or Canada this is the best damned football league in the world and it is a physical sport. having gotten this rant out of the way...i want to see us play football...not freakin shuffleboard...i will gladly take the love boat episode or even go so far as to say...(if it meant success on the field)...i wouldn't care if the entire team and cheerleaders, did the horizontal bop as a half time show...just get the hardware. however, i firmly believe that with Dr.Phil at the helm...i have a better chance of pulling a pot of gold out of a leprechaun's a*s*s*, than seeing that happen...sorry about the rant ERIC...GO VIKES!!

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

PurpleHaze1 wrote:
<quoted text>...i have ttried numerous times to listen to his "PRESSERS"...30 seconds in; i'm either crying or asleep...it's pretty simple for me: after 40+ years of being a VIKES fan; i don't give a shyt how personable the players are or how psychologically sound they are...i want a SB. it's all well and good that KLINK uses a rollodex for evaluation purposes ( that works for him)...this is not the boy scouts of America or Canada this is the best damned football league in the world and it is a physical sport. having gotten this rant out of the way...i want to see us play football...not freakin shuffleboard...i will gladly take the love boat episode or even go so far as to say...(if it meant success on the field)...i wouldn't care if the entire team and cheerleaders, did the horizontal bop as a half time show...just get the hardware. however, i firmly believe that with Dr.Phil at the helm...i have a better chance of pulling a pot of gold out of a leprechaun's a*s*s*, than seeing that happen...sorry about the rant ERIC...GO VIKES!!
Not at all- that was a great rant there! Funny to boot...

“any questions?”

st.john's, newfoundland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all- that was a great rant there! Funny to boot...
...thanks man...oh well...gotta keep the faith...GO VIKES!!!
oldviking

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Last year we had the perfect team,the loss of chester and sidney is big.Berrian looks like he is stillin pop warner the way he runs his routes.He runs and never looks back at farve.LAST year we had great kickoff and punt returns.I'm glad harvin is ok,i think the vikes need to play to thier strengths.They can't go deep so play dink and dunk and win games until rice gets back...Brees did it last nite...and won,we not gonna win with a vertical passing right now,so use ad carmilo and shanco till they cant walk.GOOOO VIKES
Burkholder

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

The Vikings draft was a buat. This could be a long year unless they make a deal for a WR before tomorrow. Klink could screw up a 2 car funeral
Burkholder

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Vikings draft was a bust
Burkholder

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
I love the hype on Jahvid Best.
The reality isn't quite as impressive through two games:
31 carries for 98 yards, an average of 3.2 yards per carry.
Better than Gerhardt
Ghandi

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

I agree with Childress' assessment of Jahvid Best. Smaller RB with concussion history is huge gamble. Chris Cook was a bigger need anyway and I'll bet Cook will be pro bowler in 3 years and Best will be injured a lot.
idea

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Through two games, Peterson has 232 rushing yards and zero fumbles.

E.J. forced a Ricky Williams fumble in the third quarter and Erin recovered at Miami's 1-yard line, setting up an easy touchdown for running back Adrian Peterson

Cornerback Chris Cook, who tore his meniscus cartilage on Aug. 29, says he feels about 90 percent close to returning to the lineup.

Coach Brad Childress said Harvin is "doing better," and the Vikings can be encouraged that there's no structural damage, but hip strains can linger. Harvin's status for Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions is questionable.

Linebacker Ben Leber received a better prognosis for his back injury. There weren't any issues with spasms, Childress said, adding that Leber apparently just tweaked his back.

The rest is just filler
idea

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

maybewe can get a return for reynaud at least..........even if we could klink would say somethin dumb about how reynaud isn't worth the pay and cap room or something
idea

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Rice proved that with fitzgeralds training over the previous summer to favre's arrival that he can come back and play good, at least he has the mentality for it, case in point compare to Michael Cuddyer
idea

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antoine Winfield Discussions

Search the Antoine Winfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
Cook Expresses Confidence In Vikings Secondary (May '13) May '13 Bleeds Purple 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••