Vikings' Winfield fined $17,500 total for hit, uniform infraction

Full story: TwinCities.com

The NFL has informed Minnesota Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield that has been fined a total of $17,500 this week for a uniform infraction and for helmet contact on Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler in Monday night's 40-14 loss to the Bears, according to Winfield's agent, Ashanti Webb.
Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Dec 24, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
surebet

Cold Spring, MN

#21 Dec 23, 2010
Winfield's helmet hit was bogus, because he is smaller than Cutler and he wasn't deliberate in his contact with Cutler. I saw the intital contact and thought the incidental contact was harmless!

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#22 Dec 23, 2010
A fine for wearing your socks in inappropriate manner. How ridiculous. Wouldn't an Unsportsmanlike Like Conduct 15 yard penalty against the team for failing to properly inspect player's uniforms before stepping out of the locker room. Sounds like a Military inspection to me. How ridiculous.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#23 Dec 23, 2010
the real just another day wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 'shelves', dummy. Plural. Third grade level english.... Not to mention the missing caps...
I swear to god, you mudducks are sooooo dumb....
This coming from a guy who uses slang-mud ducks-and then proceeds to use it incorrectly..........making it into one word...lmfao.......talk about dumb.
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#24 Dec 23, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from a guy who uses slang-mud ducks-and then proceeds to use it incorrectly..........making it into one word...lmfao.......talk about dumb.
He is Real Dunb....Dumb as Dirt...
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Dec 24, 2010
deer tracks wrote:
<quoted text>
He is Real Dunb....Dumb as Dirt...
'Dunb'?

I swear to god, you mudducks are soooooo dumb....
Joe Harmon

Green Bay, WI

#27 Dec 24, 2010
Jonboy wrote:
Really too bad that Winfield was the only one doing anything on Defense for the Vikes, and he is also getting slow.
He did little (and has spent the last 4 years way overrated)- isolate next time watching and you'll see. Still plays the run but can't cover, is slow and always gets beat over the top. New corner please (X 2)
Mark

United States

#28 Dec 24, 2010
Ray Edward wrote:
The NFL hates the Minnesota Vikings.
There may be some objective evidence for that. I think the league wants our team in the role of capable foil everyone loves to beat. That's why the Vikings fans need to be extra loyal to our team. We aint got anybody to rely on but ourselves. We're small market and they wish we'd relocate. Skol Vikings.
Mark

United States

#29 Dec 24, 2010
Joe Harmon wrote:
<quoted text>
He did little (and has spent the last 4 years way overrated)- isolate next time watching and you'll see. Still plays the run but can't cover, is slow and always gets beat over the top. New corner please (X 2)
Nice try, but you can't have him. He's the best tackling cornerback in the game of football, even if he is getting toward the end of his career. Skol Vikings.
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#30 Dec 24, 2010
<quoted text>
'Dumb'?
I swear to god, you mud ducks are sooooo dumb....
That is new terminology created solely for you..enjoy.. Your Christmas present...(Most likely the only one you will receive)....signed: Mud Duck..
nupurpleheart

Emigrant, MT

#31 Dec 24, 2010
Height of socks?? What is the NFL coming to? A bunch of control freaks! Anyone could see that Winfield held up on the play on Cutler! I think Both fines need to be appealed!
CrackerJack

United States

#32 Dec 24, 2010
Heck, at 5'9" the socks are bound to look too long!
dum dums

Duluth, MN

#33 Dec 24, 2010
<quoted text>
It's 'shelves', dummy. Plural. Third grade level english.... Not to mention the missing caps...
I swear to god, you mudducks are sooooo dumb....
God it suppose to be caps, as you say meathead..
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Dec 24, 2010
dum dums wrote:
<quoted text>
God it suppose to be caps, as you say meathead..
Wanna try that again, this time make some sense, um'k?
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#35 Dec 24, 2010
<quoted text>
Wanna try that again, this time make some sense, um'k?
It makes sense to everybody except you...

God, you Meatheads are so DUMB....sgned, Mud Duck...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Antoine Winfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••