Vikings' Winfield fined $17,500 total...

Vikings' Winfield fined $17,500 total for hit, uniform infraction

There are 34 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 23, 2010, titled Vikings' Winfield fined $17,500 total for hit, uniform infraction. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The NFL has informed Minnesota Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield that has been fined a total of $17,500 this week for a uniform infraction and for helmet contact on Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler in Monday night's 40-14 loss to the Bears, according to Winfield's agent, Ashanti Webb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 08

Mazeppa, MN

#1 Dec 23, 2010
For the height of his socks! LMAO. What is the league coming to? I'm all for fines for certain things and I think many of the fines need to be increased to match their income. But for socks?
Average Joe

Newton, IA

#2 Dec 23, 2010
Ridiculous fine when Winfield pulled up on the play to avoid the big hit. He's so short that the top of his helmet grazed Cutler's chin. Guess the NFL would prefer he dive into Cutler's knees.
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#3 Dec 23, 2010
Average Joe wrote:
Ridiculous fine when Winfield pulled up on the play to avoid the big hit. He's so short that the top of his helmet grazed Cutler's chin. Guess the NFL would prefer he dive into Cutler's knees.
I seen the same thing..I also re-played the game just to be sure..And yes, Cutler towered over Winfield, allowing the hit..didn't look like much, as revealed in video of cutler walking around with what looked like a Band-aid on his chin...

New NFL Rule to be in effect immediately: No NFL Player under 6'6 will be allowed to play CornerBack, or LineBacker...
Rich U

United States

#4 Dec 23, 2010
deer tracks wrote:
<quoted text>
I seen the same thing..I also re-played the game just to be sure..And yes, Cutler towered over Winfield, allowing the hit..didn't look like much, as revealed in video of cutler walking around with what looked like a Band-aid on his chin...
New NFL Rule to be in effect immediately: No NFL Player under 6'6 will be allowed to play CornerBack, or LineBacker...
I agree. If you look at the play, Cutler is tilting his head back. On the other hand, congratulations to a Vikings defensive player for actually hitting someone.
Ray Edward

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Dec 23, 2010
The NFL hates the Minnesota Vikings.
why the face

San Leandro, CA

#6 Dec 23, 2010
So 10 grand for tall socks and 7500 for helmet to chin? Am I missing something?
Whats wrong with the NFL

Virginia Beach, VA

#7 Dec 23, 2010
So lets see if I have the math right on this one. he was fined a total of $17,500. $7,500 of that was for a helmet to helmet hit, so that means he was fined $10,000 for wearing his socks to high. Im glad the NFL has got its priorities right.
Rich U

United States

#8 Dec 23, 2010
why the face wrote:
So 10 grand for tall socks and 7500 for helmet to chin? Am I missing something?
Yes.
Patriot

AOL

#9 Dec 23, 2010
Socks too high? Where do these scofflaws get off thinking like that?? Suspend him for that flagrant uniform violation (sarcasm). To the NFL officials in charge of uniform codes, Get a &#*## life!
the real just another day

Hugo, MN

#10 Dec 23, 2010
Ray Edward wrote:
naw.we all just feell sorry for you losers. Kinda like the mangy dog that the neiighbors keep around: why not just pht it out if its misery?
Wimpy

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 23, 2010
I love watching the Vikes and the NFL. But... Do we really want to give these drips hundreds of millions for 8 games a year? I do want the Vikes to stay here, but we can watch football every Sunday with or without a team. The NFL seems to be calling all the shots. Should we send them a message? Build YOUR own stadium and they will come.

Hugo, MN

#12 Dec 23, 2010
Ray Edward wrote:
No, they don't. The rest of the NFL treats the Vikings two entirely different ways:

- Everyone starts laughing until they can't breathe, over the on- and off- field antics of this m o n k e y zoo of a franchise. My god, how can anyone possibly identify with, or follow, this train wreak? And, the best part is, there are two more weeks of this black comedy, including the Sunday night massacre coming up. Hey, look on the bright side: at least that game will be played in an NFL stadium for a change, and whoa, to a sold out house...

-But, on the downer side: everyone kinda wants to treat this franchise, and by extension it's fans, like the mangy, one-eyed mutt that will not stop barking, owned by the alchoholic couple next door: PLEASE put this miserable critter out of its misery. It is best for all involved, especially for the poor mutt...
dum dums

Duluth, MN

#13 Dec 23, 2010
Rich U wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. If you look at the play, Cutler is tilting his head back. On the other hand, congratulations to a Vikings defensive player for actually hitting someone.
i can't believe you people actually recorded the game and then went back to watch it. who gives a sh it, the vikings don't, that is for sure. tub of lard bryant mckinnie shjould be fined for letting favre get naiiled then just standing there dumb founded as #4 lay in pain. mckinnie probably couln't wait to get back to the bench where his sandwich was getting cold..
dum dums

Duluth, MN

#14 Dec 23, 2010
i also wonder where the fines go. if they went to food shelfs or something like that, i am all for it. these over paid apes just blow their money on "bling" anyway.

Hugo, MN

#15 Dec 23, 2010
the real just another day wrote:
<quoted text> naw.we all just feell sorry for you losers. Kinda like the mangy dog that the neiighbors keep around: why not just pht it out if its misery?
I wish folks would quit using my name.....

Hugo, MN

#16 Dec 23, 2010
dum dums wrote:
i also wonder where the fines go. if they went to food shelfs or something like that, i am all for it. these over paid apes just blow their money on "bling" anyway.
It's 'shelves', dummy. Plural. Third grade level english.... Not to mention the missing caps...

I swear to god, you mudducks are sooooo dumb....
Too Funny

Perry, MI

#17 Dec 23, 2010
Considering Goodell the fashion queen was at the game, I would suspect he was even inspecting the Vikings' jocks! Funny how such a violent game can be so concerned about fashion! Especially socks too tall? Come on~ Both fines were stupid!
Rich U

United States

#18 Dec 23, 2010
dum dums wrote:
<quoted text>
i can't believe you people actually recorded the game and then went back to watch it. who gives a sh it, the vikings don't, that is for sure. tub of lard bryant mckinnie shjould be fined for letting favre get naiiled then just standing there dumb founded as #4 lay in pain. mckinnie probably couln't wait to get back to the bench where his sandwich was getting cold..
I did not record the game, you bag of rocks, I discussed the replay with my son, who is home from the Dominican Republic for Christmas. Sorry for having a memory. How's that dementia thing working out for you?
Jonboy

Duluth, MN

#19 Dec 23, 2010
Really too bad that Winfield was the only one doing anything on Defense for the Vikes, and he is also getting slow.
Joe Kapp

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Dec 23, 2010
The Height of his Sox is worth $10,000????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
News Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
News 10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
News Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
News Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
News Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
More from around the web