Was Vikings' Leslie Frazier's intervi...

Was Vikings' Leslie Frazier's interview in Seattle only to sati...

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 10, 2010, titled Was Vikings' Leslie Frazier's interview in Seattle only to sati.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier interviewed for head coaching jobs in Buffalo and Seattle last week, and there is a feeling among some NFL watchers that his interview with the Seahawks wasn't on the level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Sayin

Cottage Grove, MN

#22 Jan 13, 2010
speaking of racism and equal rights...in regards to the movie " White Men Can't Jump"...what do you think would happen if we came out with a movie " "Black Men Can't Float"....do you think Jackson or Sharpton would take offense to that but not the actual movie with Woody
Harrelson and Wesley Snipes?...again, just sayin...racism goes BOTH ways....
Metalman

Eden Prairie, MN

#23 Jan 13, 2010
Oh Danny Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
do you think that Grambling College has ever had a white head coach? I'm just sayin.....you hire the best and most qualified man, no matter who or what he is, period.
They've never had a white coach, but it's a relatively young college, too. I don't think they're against having a white coach either; just like they aren't against white students from attending the university. I agree with you, though. You should hire the most qualified man for the job, no matter what race he is.

“Vikings West Coast Rep!”

Since: Mar 07

Ridgecrest, California

#24 Jan 13, 2010
Metalman wrote:
<quoted text>
They've never had a white coach, but it's a relatively young college, too. I don't think they're against having a white coach either; just like they aren't against white students from attending the university. I agree with you, though. You should hire the most qualified man for the job, no matter what race he is.
So how'd we end up with Obama? Sorry, different thread...
Metalman

Eden Prairie, MN

#25 Jan 13, 2010
bdk wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you elaborate on what exactly you mean by "privileged"? Just curious.
The simple fact that whites don't even acknowledge their white privilege is white privilege. A lot of things are handed to them. The system is set up for whites. They get better raises and get better promotions. It's evident in the fact that the homes in white neighborhoods are valued much higher than homes in black neighborhoods even without the crime factor. Realtors won't show more than half of the homes they show to whites to blacks. Minority students are more prone to get expelled or suspended than white students for the same acts. How many whites are victims of racial profiling?

It is what it is, man.

Packer Backer's comments were clearly ignorant so I had to say something. Right from the get-go, "Do white people have any rights anymore?" and "Blacks have more rights than whites." Are you kidding me?? What kind of ridiculous statements are those? Sounds like he was bragging that he fired two black people.

VA Viking Fan

Roanoke, VA

#26 Jan 13, 2010
This was an insult to Leslie Frazier

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#27 Jan 14, 2010
Metalman wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact that whites don't even acknowledge their white privilege is white privilege. A lot of things are handed to them. The system is set up for whites. They get better raises and get better promotions. It's evident in the fact that the homes in white neighborhoods are valued much higher than homes in black neighborhoods even without the crime factor. Realtors won't show more than half of the homes they show to whites to blacks. Minority students are more prone to get expelled or suspended than white students for the same acts. How many whites are victims of racial profiling?
It is what it is, man.
Packer Backer's comments were clearly ignorant so I had to say something. Right from the get-go, "Do white people have any rights anymore?" and "Blacks have more rights than whites." Are you kidding me?? What kind of ridiculous statements are those? Sounds like he was bragging that he fired two black people.
you are WAY off base with your thinking and I'd love to debate you but do not have the time.. Suffice it to say right now that well, you are just plain wrong. All I will say is that I have NEVER had anything given to me. I have worked since I was 8 years old, yes, 8 years old and I am still working, 43 years later. I paid for my OWN high school ( last 2 years of it), paid for my post graduate school and license and got my OWN jobs, never had one given to me. I have earned my promotions, they weren't GIVEN to me. My house and my neighborhood are high priced because myself and my neighbors maintain a high quaility of life,we have pride in what we own and where we live. We fix, update and keep our houses, neighborhood and yards in good shape . It isn't or has NOTHING to do with anything else other than hard work and pride in what you have. Your attitude is so dangerous and is part of what it wrong in this country.

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#28 Jan 14, 2010
VA Viking Fan wrote:
This was an insult to Leslie Frazier
He certainly could have refused to go on the interviews if he felt so inclined so I don't agree it was an insult, he allowed it to happen by going anyway even though he probably knew it was just for show.
bdk

Hugo, MN

#29 Jan 14, 2010
Oh Danny Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
you are WAY off base with your thinking and I'd love to debate you but do not have the time.. Suffice it to say right now that well, you are just plain wrong. All I will say is that I have NEVER had anything given to me. I have worked since I was 8 years old, yes, 8 years old and I am still working, 43 years later. I paid for my OWN high school ( last 2 years of it), paid for my post graduate school and license and got my OWN jobs, never had one given to me. I have earned my promotions, they weren't GIVEN to me. My house and my neighborhood are high priced because myself and my neighbors maintain a high quaility of life,we have pride in what we own and where we live. We fix, update and keep our houses, neighborhood and yards in good shape . It isn't or has NOTHING to do with anything else other than hard work and pride in what you have. Your attitude is so dangerous and is part of what it wrong in this country.
Couldn't agree more!

“Vikings West Coast Rep!”

Since: Mar 07

Ridgecrest, California

#30 Jan 15, 2010
Again, Leslie Frazier has not show that he is ready to coach in the NFL. Everyone knows that the Vikings defense performed better before he took over. He will not get a lead job. Yet.
odennorsson

Duluth, MN

#31 Jan 16, 2010
It Figures wrote:
The Queens have a defensive coordinator named Leslie?
Whats wrong? Wasn't Ashley available?
Ashley is the Vikes rookie d-back!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
News Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
News 10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
News Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
News Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
News Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
More from around the web