Was Vikings' Leslie Frazier's intervi...

Was Vikings' Leslie Frazier's interview in Seattle only to sati...

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 10, 2010, titled Was Vikings' Leslie Frazier's interview in Seattle only to sati.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier interviewed for head coaching jobs in Buffalo and Seattle last week, and there is a feeling among some NFL watchers that his interview with the Seahawks wasn't on the level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Former Ranger

Gig Harbor, WA

#1 Jan 11, 2010
The "Rooney Rule" is stupid. The teams are going to hire the coach they want anyway so what's the point? Does anyone think the Redskins were undecided about a new coach too?
MN Kid

Decatur, IL

#2 Jan 11, 2010
Maybe Frazier should start charging these teams for interviews, make them think before wasting his time.
Nuckles

Ottawa, Canada

#3 Jan 11, 2010
If the NFL implemented the Rooney rule because of preceived racism, then why do they have a team called the Redskins? The NFL can't stopped racism if they allow a team to be named the Redskins... very hypocritical.
oldviking

Emporia, VA

#4 Jan 11, 2010
Former Ranger wrote:
The "Rooney Rule" is stupid. The teams are going to hire the coach they want anyway so what's the point? Does anyone think the Redskins were undecided about a new coach too?
I agree,if i owned a team i should be able to choose the coach i want...as an american indian,i've never cried because they havn't interviewed an indian ,what a joke...THIS IS AMERICA...WE'RE all americans.
Frank

Greer, SC

#5 Jan 11, 2010
There's one really good reason the Vikings need to win this weekend besides going to the NFC Championship game.

If they lose, Leslie Frazier will likely be hired as a head coach in Buffalo. If they win, Buffalo won't want to keep waiting, and will likely look elsewhere for a head coach.
TC Florida

Daytona Beach, FL

#6 Jan 11, 2010
The Rooney rule is artificial. If the Seahawks knew they wanted Carroll to coach their team then why have them interview anybody? That rule is unnecessary and antiquated. Dungy usually is more astute than this. Sure glad the Vikings have the home field for this tough matchup!
muskratbob

Beckley, WV

#7 Jan 11, 2010
who cares we still got him he's not stupid he did not want the job anyway. Leslie know's when he's well off. Leslie has a home with the viking's . go favre go viking's.
Packer Basher

Winona, MN

#8 Jan 11, 2010
Do white people have any rights anymore? How come you see black television, black pageants, black colleges and on and on? Do you think if the NFL had all black coaches, that they would have a rule to interview a white? When will this crap end. I'm tired of seeing the race card played every time something doesn't go their way. Blacks have more rights than whites. We are all created equal and it's about time we all have the same rights. If you even speak to a black about rights, you are called a racist. I didn't vote for Obama, so now I'm told I'm a racist. I own a business and every black I have ever hired has screwed me over by stealing or not showing up for work after I go threw the expense of training. I just fired one today for stealing close to a thousand bucks. Why are the prisons mostly black? Whites have no more rights and we support most of the blacks with our hard earned taxes. Wake up people and stand up for your rights. We are no better than the blacks, we are equal.
Michael

Mason, OH

#10 Jan 12, 2010
Everybody knows that the news of Carroll's hiring was a known fact on Saturday morning at 9:30 e.s.t. when Chris Mortensen of ESPN was on the Eric Kasilias show. He announced that it was a done deal then. He is quoted as saying, "he will be announced as the head coach on Monday morning". And he was. It was a complete waste of time. They didn't even give Leslie a chance to give them what he could in order to secure the position. Unbelievable. I am glad he is still our DC, but an opportunity has slid by once again for him.
gatoraide

Stuart, FL

#11 Jan 12, 2010
I only read the question, not the story. I don't care about the P/C press opinion. I am only interested in truth! See what I'm sayin'?

YES! The Frazier interview with Seattle was a "Rooney Rule" charade! What else could it be? The "Rooney Rule" itself is a charade! What is this one side of the coin deal with a coin that has only one side...the 'colored' side? How much longer must the "Peter Principle" be given the artificial respiration shell game manuever to keep the 'coloreds' happy? How about enough of the 'race card' when the "O.J. Glove" fits? How about letting everybody stand on their own two feet and qualify based on preparation and ability? Let Frazier be invited because he has a track record, not a complexion, to enter the competition. NOW, see what I'm sayin'? I'll leave the light on for ya'!!!
odennorsson

Duluth, MN

#12 Jan 13, 2010
I wish he hadn't interviewed. Maybe he wanted Buffalo to think he had suiters. It is obvious he was being used and that the interview was a farce.
Dungy aint coming back! maybe the NFL should take seriously the spirit of the "Rooney Rule". Who are they kidding; there is no real interest in hiring minorities!
Metalman

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jan 13, 2010
Packer Basher wrote:
Do white people have any rights anymore? How come you see black television, black pageants, black colleges and on and on? Do you think if the NFL had all black coaches, that they would have a rule to interview a white? When will this crap end. I'm tired of seeing the race card played every time something doesn't go their way. Blacks have more rights than whites. We are all created equal and it's about time we all have the same rights. If you even speak to a black about rights, you are called a racist. I didn't vote for Obama, so now I'm told I'm a racist. I own a business and every black I have ever hired has screwed me over by stealing or not showing up for work after I go threw the expense of training. I just fired one today for stealing close to a thousand bucks. Why are the prisons mostly black? Whites have no more rights and we support most of the blacks with our hard earned taxes. Wake up people and stand up for your rights. We are no better than the blacks, we are equal.
So cries the privileged white man.
Bob

Hastings, MN

#14 Jan 13, 2010
A team should be able to hire whoever they want as a head coach and not have to go through the "wink wink" process and interview minorities just to look good. If the minority is a good coach he will get hired by someone.

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#15 Jan 13, 2010
of course they are only interviewing him because of that really stupid rule about having to interview a cetain number of minorities...duh...what kind of a rule is that? If I were an owner I would interview AND hire the best person for the job, what difference does his skin color make?..how absofukinlutley stupid and yes, guys like Leslie Frazier have to fly around the country all for a show, that is ALL it is, he knows it, the owners know it...just to apease who? Al Sharpton? Jesse Jackson?....like any of them really care anyway..they are as big of racists as any white man you can find and I dare anyone to prove me wrong....again, how stupid BUT you gotta be politically correct.......sign of the times I guess.....and besides, to be honest, I am not all that impressed with Frazier and his defense anyway...way too many gaps in it and I am afraid Dallas will expose it for what it is this weekend.

#16 Jan 13, 2010
Metalman wrote:
<quoted text>
do you think that Grambling College has ever had a white head coach? I'm just sayin.....you hire the best and most qualified man, no matter who or what he is, period.
bdk

Farmington, MN

#17 Jan 13, 2010
Metalman wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you elaborate on what exactly you mean by "privileged"? Just curious.
It Figures

Littleton, CO

#18 Jan 13, 2010
The Queens have a defensive coordinator named Leslie?

Whats wrong? Wasn't Ashley available?

“Vikings West Coast Rep!”

Since: Mar 07

Ridgecrest, California

#19 Jan 13, 2010
Black, white, or green, the Vikings defense has consistantly gotten worse month by month since Fazier took over. He has done nothing to fix our sketchie secondary, we're not stopping the run like we used to, even tho we have the same group, and they're not scheming well enough to get Allen or Edwards the pass pressure we all expected or will need to beat this totally overrated Dallas offense. If we lose this weekend, it will be because Frazier's defense let Romo have his way with them. Let him go. Who cares?...

“Vikings West Coast Rep!”

Since: Mar 07

Ridgecrest, California

#20 Jan 13, 2010
oh, and did I mention our tackling. Ya, neither does Frazier evidently...

#21 Jan 13, 2010
GMan in Cally wrote:
oh, and did I mention our tackling. Ya, neither does Frazier evidently...
their secondary will be the downfall and yes, their tackling has been atrociuos of late...hopefully our "coaches" ( God help us ) have been trying to devise a scheme that will work or else it will be a long day for the hometown Puprle this weekend..Go Vikings and hopefully we can win DESPITE our coaches because I know it won't be BECAUSE of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
News Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
News 10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
News Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
News Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
News Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
More from around the web