Brett Favre on Vikings' loss to Cardi...

Brett Favre on Vikings' loss to Cardinals: They outplayed us

There are 88 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 6, 2009, titled Brett Favre on Vikings' loss to Cardinals: They outplayed us. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

GLENDALE, Ariz. - Brett Favre cut to the chase when asked about Sunday night's 30-17 loss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
condition of anonymity

Largo, FL

#82 Dec 8, 2009
Many people don't realize that Brett Favre worked very hard after high school classes and football practice at a laundry shaking farts out of bedsheets to earn spending money for college.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#84 Dec 8, 2009
GABrett wrote:
This is my first year on this site and I've asked this question several times with no response. Last year teams put eight in a box and AP led the league in rushing. This year the same, but with #4. Aside from the Lions and Browns, this team hasn't had a consistent running game. What am I missing? How many changes were on the O line?
Center and guard are both first year starters, Loadholt, our guard, is a rookie and Sullivan is a late round pick from a couple years ago, I believe ND. We lost our all-pro center, Birk, to the Ravens in the off-season.
Squeaky Palin

Minneapolis, MN

#85 Dec 9, 2009
Fred Smoot wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you jump off the ship if there are hookers servicing you on Lake Minnetonka?
Fred, you promised I'd become famous if I did all your friends on the boat that day! I did'nt even get one peep of publicity! I had to hump that fossil John McCain just to get a book deal!
purpleandgold4ev er

Saint Paul, MN

#86 Dec 9, 2009
The Answer wrote:
I'd like to remind Vikings fans it was week 11 that Favre fell apart last year In New York. Check his numbers in Dec in the past 10 years.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........and you signed Childress to a huge contract extension. Now thats the Farve we know and love!
I said all year the Vikes are way over-rated, and will lose to the Packers in the play-offs.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha...Favre's old!!!
boy, somebody swallowed a bitter pill today

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#87 Dec 9, 2009
Bengals are gonna break favre the rest of the way down.
new report

Largo, FL

#88 Dec 9, 2009
The playbook was suddenly changed and Favre had difficulty reading the new one. The O-line got signals mixed up.

http://www.gothicaldea.com/ENTER/GEEKSCORNER/...
PurplePenusEater

Littleton, CO

#89 Dec 9, 2009
Favre is what he is, on old, depends wearing, interception throwing, machine
Pigskin Follies

Prairie Farm, WI

#90 Dec 9, 2009
Say whatever you want about the lousy outcome of the game, but if you switch the players in the secondary between the two teams, the Vikes win hands down.

The scary part about it is that our secondary stunk to high heaven last year and does again this year. If we get Winfield back it will definitely help, but when the Vikes are up against teams that use 4 or 5 wideouts they just don't have enough quality corners and safeties to match up - our guys are lost out there and rarely even look back for the ball.

During the first week of September, when Chilly released Bobby Wade, I was praying he would use the freed up salary and roster spot to add a quality corner (or safety). It still is possible that we might win the "big one", but it's going to be incredibly difficult when we're up against stellar passing teams like the Saints, Colts, Cards, and maybe even the Bengals or Green Bay.

The old adage that Superbowls are won by teams with a good running game and a strong defense no longer holds up. Because of the rule changes favoring QB's and receivers, superbowls of the future will be won by teams with a strong passing game and a good defense.

We really need AD in the backfield, but if we're going to win the superbowl it will be because of Favre, the receivers, and the defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
News Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
News 10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
News Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
News Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
News Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
More from around the web