Brett Favre on Vikings' loss to Cardinals: They outplayed us

Full story: TwinCities.com

GLENDALE, Ariz. - Brett Favre cut to the chase when asked about Sunday night's 30-17 loss.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of88
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Den

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Yea A.P. you can lean on him Right
eddie

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Obviously, they need to shake it off. And quickly. But it's disturbing that the injury bug is biting.
Talent separates the good teams from the bad teams, but injuries can undermine the great ones in the course of a couple games. It looked like Favre may have dinged his hand. That would not be good.
ilk

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Prognosis negative!
the troll

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

ok - so they had an off game - all the mn fairweather fans can jump ship!
The Golf Guy

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Who have they beaten, that you would consider a good team?
carotz

Abell, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

I was definitely concerned about the injuries. I was glad that the tackles got back into the game - good effort. I feel for Henderson, I broke my femur when I was 11. Big difference between 11 and 26. I was in a incapacitated for about four months. A class mate broke his femur when 18 and he was in a cast for 12 months. For Henderson, he's 26 and we'll see what the doctors say. One of the things about the game last night was that the some of the players were trying too hard when they got behind and didn't play under control. I think that may be a part of what happended when Sanford whacked Henderson.
Woo Flung Poo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

The Golf Guy wrote:
u dum golfman go see ur pal u say tiger woods then u shaddup
grenadiers

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

'Staff writers Sean Jensen, Rick Alonzo and Tom Powers contributed to this report'

Where's Bob? A no-show once again, gonna wait till the AP, et al, write 'their' stuff? Well, we'll all know what happens next:

Item: Adrian Peterson had a bad game against the Cardinals.
Bob S: Adrian Peterson needs to run better if the Vikings want to win the NFC.

Since: Apr 09

Victoria, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Brett Favre on Vikings' loss to Cardinals: "They outplayed us..."

Umm, no Brett....that was just a 100%-P -I -S -S POOR PERFORMANCE ON OFFENSE AND DEFENSE ON OUR BEHALF.

SHAPE UP FOR NEXT WEEK.

GO VIKES.
Hayden Fox

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

What about seriously outcoached and game-planned? But we can't say that can we? Who in their right mind throws a package out there as the one in the 2nd qtr when we are at the AZ 8 yd line, 2nd and goal, 1 back, 3TE's and 1-WR, but guess who that WR is........GREG LEWIS! Are you freakin crazy Bevell? When AZ saw that they had 10 playing the run and of course we were stuffed. How about backed up inside our 10 and AP on the sideline? How about keeping him out there as decoy if nothing else? OR how about work on the fumbling issue and then keep him on the field. Our coaches suck! Bevell, Bienemy, OL coaches!
play60

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Lousy effort all around. AP's numbers have been slipping and he was a complete non factor. No push on the front lines. Sliding all over...

Where was Allen's help? He was constantly double teamed and chipped. With two blockers on him, someone should have been free.

Why didn't coaches make the players change cleats, or put on different shoes? Hell, we were making some better blocks/tackles on our own players than the Cards were.

You better believe Cincy will be looking to copy what the Cards did. Childress better come up with a lot better game plan than the one he had last night.

Consider this a learning lesson for playoff caliber teams and do better next time....
Mhogan

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Looks like the same vikequeens,cardinals showed u guys that u are not that good,looks like the old brett favre in december it only gets worse good luck.

“This year is over!”

Since: Jan 07

Detroit Lakes, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

The Golf Guy wrote:
That is my concern also. Here we are in December and now we play a couple of good teams in a row, Cincinnati next week. We havn't beaten any quality teams this year! I hate to say it but we might have a two game lossing streak coming on..........The team was out played and out coached!

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

So they lost a game. Big deal. It was in total a lousy effort by all concerned from the coaches to all players. Maybe this loss is just the wake up call they needed for the final month of the season for these players to get their collective minds in gear for that push to WIN the Super Bowl.
Hopefully that is the case and not that they were actually over rated.
Joey Browner

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Team starts slow every week and every week we say when we play a good team they will bury us and it happend last night.
WhoKnows

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Ahh yes -- there's the Brent Favre that the Packers dumped two years ago. Back to making bad decisions, making bad throws, getting picked off,... It all brings two songs to mind: "Turn out the lights, the party's over." and "And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dave P

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Vikings looked old and slow. Totally out of sync. Farve was Farve of old...confused and rushed. Here's the question: Now that they see how to defend against the pass, won't everybody do it?

Since: Sep 09

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

The vikes finally met a team with a wining record and got an old fashion butt kicking! This was a real test to see were they are at and now we know! that is not a good way to start out football in Dec. the teams that are hot in Dec usually do the most damage the rest of the yr.
Deek

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Losses so far this season:
AFC Champions of 2008
NFC Champions of 2008
Hmmm... Current record 10-2

Seems every team out there usually plays 1 horrendous game during their season.

Packers had their Buccaneers
Steelers had their Raiders
Eagles had their Raiders
Patriots had their dolphins
NO Saints had thier Redskins, but due to a few unbelievable flukes they still win. The list goes on.

Did anyone consider that we didn't come at the AZ Cardinals 100% because of the likelihood of having a re-match in the playoffs? If the Cards win their first playoff game, they are likely the team that we play 1st in the playoffs. I'd rather lose to them now vs. in the playoffs.
Think about it that way....
From our poor perfromance, I would almost say, it seemed as if anything we attempted to throw the game.
bruce215

Detroit Lakes, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

A successful season is if we beat the Packers TWICE!! We've been lucky with injuries, looks like the luck ran out!! Can't get behind a good team - no running game and they use 8 defensive backs - game would have been different if played in MN!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of88
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antoine Winfield Discussions

Search the Antoine Winfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••