Vikings help NFC crush turnover-prone AFC in Pro Bowl

Full story: TwinCities.com

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson rushed for a game-high 80 yards and a touchdown to help the NFC team match a Pro Bowl scoring record on Sunday in a 55-41 victory over a turnoverprone AFC squad at Honolulu's Aloha Stadium.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2011

The Pro Bowl is such a snooze-fest. I'd like to see some changes:

Players named to the Pro Bowl will now trade places with the cheerleaders. Players will dance around like idiots on the sidelines (since they love doing that in the end zone, anyway), only now, they'll be in tights. Perhaps that will keep them humble.

Cheerleaders shall play tackle football -- in lingerie.

I would watch that. Today's game? Horrible.
ezg357d

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2011

Judged:

Proved who the Best running back is in the NFL All Day PETERSON. Go Vikings

“any questions?”

Since: Jun 10

st.john's, newfoundland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

one weekend...two all star games,(nhl and pro bowl)...great solution for insomnia...GO VIKES!!!

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

PurpleHaze1 wrote:
one weekend...two all star games,(nhl and pro bowl)...great solution for insomnia...GO VIKES!!!
PH I was holding my breath every time he touched the ball..........IMO I think LF should have issued some kind of restraint for him..........like DON'T PLAY WE NEED YOU, LOL.
purplehaze1

Torbay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>PH I was holding my breath every time he touched the ball..........IMO I think LF should have issued some kind of restraint for him..........like DON'T PLAY WE NEED YOU, LOL.
...i know Eric...the problem is...he only knows how to play one way...all out or nothing...well he doesn't get cheated. good to see Winfield do his thing...he comes to play also. the Kittens have a good one in Johnson...just that he doesn't look near as cool in Silver as he would in Purple...oh well...i hope the intelligentsia of the NFLPA and the league Nazis, get their ducks in order and straighten this shyt out: i'm already going through football withdrawal as it is and LF has some serious things he needs to get done...now if the Black and Gold can shred the cheesers; it will tide me over until the draft...GO VIKES!!!

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

There are people who still watch this game? why?

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

An exhibition game is played harder, no rushing the kicker? LOL
I can understand watching the game for the love of Football, and being able to hear them adds a bit to the game as well.
But....it's still played with kids gloves, which in itself takes from the game.
Being a Vikings fan, I was sure AD would blow out his knee, effectively ending his career or something to that effect, lol.
purplehaze1

Torbay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

oxboro wrote:
... watched a few plays here and there...just to keep the woman away from tjhe remote...GO VIKES!!!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cottage Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

"The NFC maintained at least a 17-point margin the rest of the way." But the final score was 55-41. Let's see, that's 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 points, right? It's time to go back to math class!
Hey, I had to find something to do during this game!

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Of all the major sports all-star games this one is the worst. It's actually a travesty, like the way the point afters where the defense just stand there like 11 wooden indians. And then without players from the two best teams conference's playing, what a joke.
thissucks

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

I can't help but wonder who's bright idea it was to play the pro bowl before the Super Bowl? Players from the Packer's and the Steeler's weren't going to be there, and over the years more and more players seem to be opting out. Many years back players loved to participate, they and their families got a free week in Hawaii. Now most of the players have enough dough to buy Hawaii, and they don't want to risk a career ending injury. The NFL has taken something that was ho-hum and boring, and turned it into a non-event.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Da Crusher_RIP wrote:
Of all the major sports all-star games this one is the worst. It's actually a travesty, like the way the point afters where the defense just stand there like 11 wooden indians. And then without players from the two best teams conference's playing, what a joke.
Wake up my friend, they are/were in Hawaii..........pretty nice place. I doubt they were thinking that game was a travesty.

Jealous a bit??????????
deer tracks

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

oxboro wrote:
No, didn't watch that Turkey...Was too busy feeding the other Wild Turkeys that come around for a handout...No, ex favre fan wasn't in the bunch...
Harry

Fountain Hills, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

In the future, they can just say the game was played. THAT, my friends, was a game that was excruciating.
Who Dey

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

And what the heck was allowing a TV reporter "Jay Glazer" on the sideline and making a play call about? I think he harmed the game by throwing off the players. I bet FOX may not carry the game again anytime soon.

And that final TD was really not based on legal plays. It was just goofing around. And they added it to the final score. Okay, but don't count it.

The Pro Bowl has been made into a mockery. Football blasphemy I tell you!

I saw the 4th qtr and a little before. 2 things that were odd.......the Steeler girl fan kissing the guy Packer fan......and the guy running shirtless across the field. LOL. HA. HA. Now that was funny stuff.
hmmm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

"Crush"? LOL! They should play the game on Madden, it'd be more meaningful.
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Hmmmm. Some Viking playas here, but no Packer players. Hmmmm. Are you mudducks going to blame the refs on this one?
deer tracks

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

the real just another day wrote:
Hmm. Some Viking playas here, but no Packer players. Hmmm. Are you mudducks going to blame the refs on this one?
No, but I did see you in that bunch of Wild Turkeys I was feeding...

You were the one with the plucked feathers...

Just like the Green wienies will be....

Minnesota Mud Duck..
huh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

40for60 wrote:
An exhibition game is played harder, no rushing the kicker? LOL
I can understand watching the game for the love of Football, and being able to hear them adds a bit to the game as well.
But....it's still played with kids gloves, which in itself takes from the game.
Being a Vikings fan, I was sure AD would blow out his knee, effectively ending his career or something to that effect, lol.
All you need to know...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story...

Since: Nov 10

st.paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

deer tracks wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I did see you in that bunch of Wild Turkeys I was feeding...
You were the one with the plucked feathers...
Just like the Green wienies will be....
Minnesota Mud Duck..
Hey dumbarse, itís an exhibition game, how stupid are you really, feeding turkeys, what do you do with the ones you catch, wait i donít want to know, go eat some more deer turds. vikings 0 for 50, packers 28 steeler 24, we win another super bowl, the KEY WORD HERE IS ANOTHER poor pitiful woeful loser vikequeens, i think iím gonna cry, i am wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhh, i want a super bowl. 0 for 50

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antoine Winfield Discussions

Search the Antoine Winfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••