Shooter Now: Vikings should be one loss to the Patriots from benching Favre, rebuilding

Minnesota Vikings' Brett Favre sits on the bench after a second half interception against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field Sunday October 24, 2010. Full Story

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#103 Oct 26, 2010
DRM wrote:
I have the same view of Congress: I hate to see the outcome of important legislation being decided by dumb Congressmen and Senators!" :)
Oh man, that's a whole different can o' worms there...
mike

Minneapolis, MN

#104 Oct 26, 2010
there is one more option for QB. He's probably the best available, and he's local. Ask yourself if, after one year of preparation, Joe Mauer isn't a better QB than Tarvaris. Interesting to think about it...in your mind Mauer would actually be better, wouldn't he?
right call 4 me

Perham, MN

#105 Oct 26, 2010
? the vikings are 1 game out right now,it's always amazen these writer's must not look at the division , it's far from over with 4 division games left ,jackson or farve the viking will win this division if they can get a fair shake from the ref's that rob them of the green bay win......and yes they'll go in the playoff's hot,i mean really hot.....watch an see
right call 4 me

Perham, MN

#106 Oct 26, 2010
ahhhh and who's green bay play this week ...ahhhhh the jets ,mark that down as another lost...enjoy your big cheap victory puker fans
Jay

Eden Prairie, MN

#107 Oct 26, 2010
Trade Rice and resign Moss? That might be the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. Thank you Charley...we are all now dumber after reading that.
paterno

Eden Prairie, MN

#108 Oct 26, 2010
If TJ has to play they should run him and Harvin more. With AP they could control the ball and keep TJ from passing more than 20 times a game which would be fatal. If Favre isnt back in 1-2 weeks-start building for next year and getting a new QB in here
paterno

Eden Prairie, MN

#109 Oct 26, 2010
deer track wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you see Jackson play more then 5 minutes in any game this year? How can you state he is a failure? "If the Vikings tank the rest of their games"? My gad, Mr. Gloom and Doom, their are 9 games left! Why don't you just hunker down and see what TJ will do against the Patriots this weekend...
There are 10 games left and most of us has seen all we want to see of the Arena league caliber TJ
Charlie Genious

Minneapolis, MN

#110 Oct 26, 2010
Bench Favre. Forget about season. Turn off TV.

Brilliant. Do you get paid to write this or do you pay?
Bret WIll Not Be Back

Greer, SC

#112 Oct 26, 2010
It is not Farve's fault. He would be unwise to play this year...he can forever damage his ankle...blame Childress and the boondoggled owner...
Vikes Win Division

Greer, SC

#113 Oct 26, 2010
The Vikings will be beaten like a dead horse in the playoffs against the team with the best record. The team always looked lost in the playoffs after moving indoors. Dennis Green was not a bad coach, he simply had a crappy owner...imagine if he had the talent of today's team...look at what he did with Daunte? Too bad Jeff George is too old...
Start Joe Webb

Greer, SC

#114 Oct 26, 2010
Start Joe Webb!
Hey Charlie

Greer, SC

#115 Oct 26, 2010
Consider, the Vikes have a very decent receiving corps without Rice.Childress, still cannot cannot develop an effective offensive scheme...Moss, no longer makes a difference and loafs his lazy butt...when he is not getting passes....he was a man with the potential to be greater than Jerry Rice...
The Professor

River Falls, WI

#116 Oct 26, 2010
What will it prove to let him go over 300 consec. games when the Viks will not be part of the playoffs....Why wait until the end of the year to rebuild...Peyton will take out his record anyway in 2016.
greasemaker

Saint Paul, MN

#117 Oct 26, 2010
Childress is the WHOLE problem, Favre is still better hurt than Jackson who should be gone just like Childress~~~
deer track

Yankton, SD

#118 Oct 26, 2010
paterno wrote:
<quoted text>There are 10 games left and most of us has seen all we want to see of the Arena league caliber TJ
Sorry, missed placed my nr 10...TJ is not my favorite QB either, however with Favre hobbling around, what choice do the Vikings have to play the Pats? If TJ plays and pulls this game out, there will be a number of red faces around...This game will be a real barn burner, concerning the fact the Pats are up there with all the high rollers....
deer track

Yankton, SD

#119 Oct 26, 2010
Start Joe Webb wrote:
Start Joe Webb!
I have been hopping that for once, Childress would give Webb a chance to at least play a few designed snaps, in a regular game to see what he could do..I have been stating for a long time now, train Webb for next year as our starting QB! Might as well start now, as it is beginning to look like the Vikings are not going to the big dance this year..just saying....
Tark

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#120 Oct 26, 2010
Shooter...I think maybe its time you retire...lately you're articles have been way off base...trade Rice and keep Moss? How bout we keep both...resign Peterson...Bring in a Veteran QB that is under 35...and hire Ditka as coach....? Also a new offensive lineman or 2 would help...see...I'm better at you're job than you are Charley...LOL
Tark

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#121 Oct 26, 2010
Start Joe Webb wrote:
Start Joe Webb!
Throwing Webb into the fire won't help...remember when Denney dumped Jeff George and started Culpepper What would have been had George had another season and Culpepper had another year to learn from him? Webb is the future...the future is NOT now...we have a long season yet to play and I believe we will still make the playoffs...GO VIKES !!!
Jeremy

Saint Cloud, MN

#122 Oct 26, 2010
I hope they lose out so Childress gets fired. His stupid leaving for the locker room has cost us a chance to win two games this year. He needs to keep in mind that yeah maybe we don't have a chance to score a touchdown but we could get in field goal range.
Scruffy

Sterling Heights, MI

#123 Oct 26, 2010
Elvis wrote:
The pioneer press is 10,000 to 20,000 columns past due from firing charlie walters and rebuilding with someone who does not throw things up against the wall and hope they stick.
Keep reading it though!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1

Antoine Winfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE