Shooter Now: Vikings should be one lo...

Shooter Now: Vikings should be one loss to the Patriots from benching Favre, rebuilding

There are 126 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 25, 2010, titled Shooter Now: Vikings should be one loss to the Patriots from benching Favre, rebuilding. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Vikings' Brett Favre sits on the bench after a second half interception against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field Sunday October 24, 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

jeb

United States

#23 Oct 25, 2010
sspandle wrote:
How about getting some decent offensive linemen that can pass block??? Don't care who's QB'ing they don't stand a chance, good at run blcoking tho.
And do we have any CB's that can cover? Other teams do, I watch games every weekend and those CB's are on the WR's like flypaper. Do our defensive schemes or presonnel suck that bad?
generally i don't think our OL has been the main problem for us protecting the QB. teams blitz us like crazy to either stop AD or get pops on the silver fox. in my opinion, it has been the backfield and TE's poor job picking up those blitzes that has gotten favre killed. they haven't really been that good at run blocking either though...AD has been getting contact immediately in most circumstances and is just in full beast mode this year. i have never seen him run harder.
Straight cash homey

Duluth, MN

#24 Oct 25, 2010
Shooter has now officially solidified his title as "The Biggest Idiot in Sports Journalism"
Kevin Wiederhold

Corpus Christi, TX

#25 Oct 25, 2010
It appears whomever wins the the North Division will be the only team in the playoffs from the North. The Vikings are only 1 1/2 out with 10 games left. It is possible to win the Division. At this point putting in another quarterback to play a potent NE team at home would be unwise. If Favre is healthy give him a another go. If he plays like he is fully capable of and MN wins , just maybe it will be the a turn around that is needed. Thanks for your support :o)
jeb

United States

#26 Oct 25, 2010
oh, and we also should have won this game. league officials have already said shank should have had a TD and they were 'disappointed' that it was overturned. but even besides that, if that idiot klink would have challenged the obvious drop in the end zone by quarless it would have been a different story as well. it is his fault, but i have to agree with him that the officials sure set that ball down for the pack to kick the PAT real quick, but then gave mccarthy a lot of time to mull over the challenge decision on shancoe's catch.
paterno

Eden Prairie, MN

#27 Oct 25, 2010
Shooter is clearly delusional
Frank W

Spartanburg, SC

#28 Oct 25, 2010
No, the Vikings should be one loss away from firing their incompetent head coach. After next Sunday, we'll likely be sitting at 2-5, more losses than our entire season a year ago. With a roster of players this good, there's simply no excuse for that.

Fire Childress and hire Frazier before some other team takes him away from us and he goes out an wins a Super Bowl (like Tomlin, Biilick and Dungy).
Frank W

Spartanburg, SC

#29 Oct 25, 2010
Oh, and trade Rice for a draft pick? You are out of your bleeping mind.
FireChillyNow

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Oct 25, 2010
Sage Rosenfels must be smilin' from ear to ear this fine mornin'
Loadholt

Minneapolis, MN

#31 Oct 25, 2010
I agree with most, except for Favre. He's still giving it his all, which is darn good - problem is no one can tell because the offensive line is about as useful as Obama's economic policy.
Loadholt doesn't deserve to play in 3rd grade flag football much less the NFL. If I were Favre, I would have snapped three games ago, and called a press conference where I would have said 2 things:
1) I'm not playing another down until you get some guys that know the first thing about pass blocking.
2) I'm not playing another down until we get a real coach.
Quit laying into Favre and look to the real problem.
Amelia

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Oct 25, 2010
I've been a Vikings fan since 1974 and watched them every year except these last two. I saw this coming from the beginning! Favre made fools out of most of you for thinking that that old geezer could still play like he did when he was young. Now, as an added bonus.....He's a nasty pig too!! Don't all you fools feel stupid now!!!
IronRanger

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Oct 25, 2010
"Sydney wears jersey No. 40, not her dad's 84." This is news? The reason Sydney wears #40 and not #84 has nothing to do with whether she would want to wear it or not. National Federation of High School's ruled don't allow a basketball player to wear numbers greater than 55. Walter's, why do you think that is?
IronRanger

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Oct 25, 2010
Amelia wrote:
I've been a Vikings fan since 1974 and watched them every year except these last two. I saw this coming from the beginning! Favre made fools out of most of you for thinking that that old geezer could still play like he did when he was young. Now, as an added bonus.....He's a nasty pig too!! Don't all you fools feel stupid now!!!
Amelia, if you look anything like Jenn Stenger, please give me a call.
Tired of it all

South Saint Paul, MN

#35 Oct 25, 2010
How about this. Since they suck and will suck for quite some time.
Ziggy can hire his new team players for the rebuilding years. Not pay them anything.
Then take the money he saves by not paying for good talent and pay for his own stadium.....

Can't do any worse then he has done up to date.

Also send Col Klink Packing. What a stroke of genius it was to sign him to the multi year deal.
Ahknaton

Clermont, FL

#36 Oct 25, 2010
Chili's plays are Schnelker re-incarnated!

Who is fooled by Bret's naked handoff to Peterson who appears to start 10 yds behind the line?

Go dig up Tom Warner or bring back Warmath's split- T!

Since: Jan 10

Cleveland, OH

#37 Oct 25, 2010
PLEASE DON'T TAKE HIM OUT UNTIL HE GAME IN THE METRO DUMP.... PLEASE WE ARE SO BANGED UP WE NEED AN EASY TARGET.
itchy and scratchy

Saint Paul, MN

#38 Oct 25, 2010
Knee jerk Shooter. Did you even see that the NFL told Childress that the Shiancoe TD should not have been overturned? Favre actually won the game except for the doofus referees.
Maroon and Gold in Wisc

Saint Paul, MN

#39 Oct 25, 2010
IronRanger wrote:
"Sydney wears jersey No. 40, not her dad's 84." This is news? The reason Sydney wears #40 and not #84 has nothing to do with whether she would want to wear it or not. National Federation of High School's ruled don't allow a basketball player to wear numbers greater than 55. Walter's, why do you think that is?
He's not going to get why. If all refs were like the person at the following link, they could change the rule to 66. http://www.facebook.com/group.php...
bob winship

AOL

#40 Oct 25, 2010
thought we got rid of brewster
now our viking coach has taken
over where brewster left off-blaming everyone else,how about the stupid waste of time
ening the first half.not calling time out-leting the clock run when the f ield goal was possible .not chalaging called
off touch down-12 men on field.
get rid of chilly
Matt

Falls Church, VA

#41 Oct 25, 2010
Moss' daughter couldn't wear 84 in HS basketball even if she wanted to
Maroon and Gold in Wisc

Saint Paul, MN

#42 Oct 25, 2010
Ahknaton wrote:
Chili's plays are Schnelker re-incarnated!
Who is fooled by Bret's naked handoff to Peterson who appears to start 10 yds behind the line?
Go dig up Tom Warner or bring back Warmath's split- T!
Favre telegraphs his handoffs worse than any q.b. that I've ever seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
News Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
News 10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
News Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
News Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
News Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
More from around the web