Vikings victory Sunday, Packers loss Monday would clinch NFC No...

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Vikings could clinch a playoff spot Sunday and the NFC North Division championship by Monday night.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Dec 3, 2009
muskratbob

Beckley, WV

#1 Dec 1, 2009
The TIME IS NOW FOR THE VIKINGS we got to keep the winning wars up and gain more confidence in each other. The viking's have got to have a total team effert from EVERYONE ON THE TEAM to do this. Sure some players are sore and tired a lot but IF WE WANT THAT SUPERBOWL TROPHY THEY DON'T COME FREE we have to have the extra effert to win it all. GO VIKINGS.
Brett Favre

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Dec 2, 2009
Back to back division titles for the first time in 30 years? Multiple Pro Bowlers? Resting injured star players to ensure their long term health for the playoffs?

Well. I guess Purplewoman was right, after all. This PROVES that Childress must be fired, and probably thrown in jail.
Captain Obvious

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 2, 2009
Tahi a Pro Bowler? Oh my god, seriously?
doc

Portland, OR

#4 Dec 2, 2009
Do not bring back Windfield too soon. We will need his talnet for the playoff. go Vikes
rusty1325

North Highlands, CA

#5 Dec 2, 2009
do not get to happy viking fans your only the second best nfc at best.you WILL get destroyed by the saints and they did not need to get old man time to come out of retirement.lol so good luck hope to see the vikings vs saints in the nfc title game .and im not even a nfc fan but i admit one reason im routing against the vikings.jared allen. yes im a chiefs fan.lol good luck.
Brett Favre

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Dec 2, 2009
Here's why the Vikes have so many fan votes for the Pro Bowl --

While Vikings fans can be expected to vote for their local players, but the same can be said for fans of other teams.

The difference is that the Vikes are getting a TON of televised games outside of MN this year. I think that's a given when you're the defending division champs, but I also think the addition of Favre has a lot to do with it, too.

I live in Vegas now, a neutral market with translplanted football fans from every NFL city in the country. In years past, I could expect to see about 5 or 6 Vikings games televised on the networks here. This year, we've already gotten 9 of 11 games. The Cards and Bears games will be nationally televised, and I suspect the Bengals game is a lock to be shown here. We'll likely finish with 12 or more televised Vikings games in Las Vegas.

If that's happening here, I suspect it's happening in many other markets around the country that don't have a local team. All that exposure is showcasing the Vikings' players to fans in other cities who might not have a home team to favor.
purplenation 4-EVER

Duluth, MN

#8 Dec 2, 2009
rusty1325-so sorry you're a Chiefs fan. Year in and year out,it just never seems to get any better.Thank you so much for Jared. He's having the time of his life.For a minute there, you were really sounding like a disgruntled packer fan.We'd like to wish you the best of luck next year, and by the way, don't hate Jared.It's not his fault your team traded him.
Rally Update

Newark, NJ

#9 Dec 2, 2009
Just confirmed that Bench Warmer Bob, Matt Blair, Carl Ellar, and other former Vikings will be in attendance for the STADIUM RALLY on Thursday, Dec 3rd!

Rally is from 3pm-6pm . 

For more details on the rally, check the SaveTheVikes website.

www.savethevikes.org

Come on Vikings Fans - Lets Do this !!!
Johnny Utah

River Edge, NJ

#10 Dec 2, 2009
LOL @ purplenation4ever, nicely said. No way Tahi is getting probowl votes, have fans really seen him play? That's horrible. Winfield is a top 5 NFL cornerback, however there is no way he should make the pro-bowl this season. He hasn't played since week 7.

Here's my list: Favre, Harvin, Rice, Peterson(maybe?), Mckinne, Hutchinson, Sullivan (too early to tell but has been doing a nice job) Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Chad Greenway, Cedric Griffin, and Heath Farwell. Glad that both Longwell & Kluwe are going as well.
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#11 Dec 2, 2009
rusty1325 wrote:
do not get to happy viking fans your only the second best nfc at best.you WILL get destroyed by the saints and they did not need to get old man time to come out of retirement.lol so good luck hope to see the vikings vs saints in the nfc title game .and im not even a nfl fan but i admit one reason im routing against the vikings.jared allen. yes im a chiefs fan.lol good luck.
"routing" against the vikings...? Re-read your post..Try hitting the Shift Key once in a while..Where did you get your School-Housing....?
kstateviking

United States

#12 Dec 2, 2009
rusty1325 wrote:
do not get to happy viking fans your only the second best nfc at best.you WILL get destroyed by the saints and they did not need to get old man time to come out of retirement.lol so good luck hope to see the vikings vs saints in the nfc title game .and im not even a nfc fan but i admit one reason im routing against the vikings.jared allen. yes im a chiefs fan.lol good luck.
Leave it to a Chiefs fan to lack anything better to do than troll...God, I have to endure their inbredness all year. Skol Vikes. Hey, what was the score of that blowout Vikes win against the Chiefs a couple of years ago? Bet you're a KU fan too. Broncos by 23 this weekend, putz. There's more Bronco flags and shirts in this town than Chiefs, LMAO! Even the Mexican Raiders fans outnumber you here....
Brett Favre

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Dec 2, 2009
Johnny Utah wrote:
LOL @ purplenation4ever, nicely said. No way Tahi is getting probowl votes, have fans really seen him play? That's horrible. Winfield is a top 5 NFL cornerback, however there is no way he should make the pro-bowl this season. He hasn't played since week 7.
Here's my list: Favre, Harvin, Rice, Peterson(maybe?), Mckinne, Hutchinson, Sullivan (too early to tell but has been doing a nice job) Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Chad Greenway, Cedric Griffin, and Heath Farwell. Glad that both Longwell & Kluwe are going as well.
I like everything on your list except for your uncertainty on Peterson. He ABSOLUTELY deserves to be in the Pro Bowl.

He's getting the same yards per carry as last year when he won the rushing title, but will settle for fewer yards because he's giving up carries to the passing game. He's also already passed last years touchdown total. Good year for Peterson across the board. Will hit 1,500 yards at his current pace. BEST in the NFC!

As for Tahi, I think he's just getting votes because he's one of the few fullbacks who actually get to do anything anymore. Most are invisible blockers. He's actually gotten a few carries and receptions, so he might win by default. I still have to admit, he's not exactly a household name...
I know this

Sun Prairie, WI

#14 Dec 2, 2009
rusty1325 wrote:
Thanks for the good laugh! The Vikings the 2nd best in the NFC? Get a clue! All the experts still say that even though the Saints whipped the Patriots butts, the Vikings are still the better team. Offense, defense, and special teams! Period!
Mark

United States

#15 Dec 2, 2009
Rick and Sean have articulated the dream: another NFC North Championship. Ahh, they make it sound so good, what with Packers losing and all. Here's hoping! Skol Vikings.
muskratbob

Beckley, WV

#16 Dec 2, 2009
The vikings need all the inspiration they can get sure carl eller and hopefully fran tarkenton and other ex vikings will be ther sure we'd had our differences in the past with some but to get a superbowl win is what we all want. Fran forget the past put on that old number 10 shirt and roam the side lines beleive it or not you'll enjoy it go vikings.
Vikes baabbbyyyy

Cornell, WI

#17 Dec 3, 2009
rusty1325 wrote:
Get destroyed by saints??? Yeah i would like to see them desroy us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Antoine Winfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••