Shooter Now: If Favre wants more mone...

Shooter Now: If Favre wants more money, Vikings should pay him

There are 90 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 18, 2010, titled Shooter Now: If Favre wants more money, Vikings should pay him. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

If the Vikings win the Super Bowl for a first time, and Brett Favre retires after just one season in Minnesota, the quarterback, at age 40, will go down as the most significant player in franchise history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
yeah sure

Burnsville, MN

#82 Jan 20, 2010
Captain Caveman wrote:
What about Jason Campbell?
He is a possibility.
He's no leader. His own players don't listen to him he has little control over the huddle. he is basically a T-Joke clone.
Ted Kennedy

Henderson, NV

#83 Jan 20, 2010
Bo Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying there are no real QBs available.
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. Might have to stick it out until 2011.

However -- Bucky Brooks' first mock draft was released yesterday... He's got Bradford lasting until #26, just a few picks ahead of Minnesota, and McCoy not even taken in the first round.

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#84 Jan 20, 2010
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are foolish enough to draft Tebow, the Vikings will be looking to re-address their QB situation two years afterwards; Tebow is as overrated as a player can possibly be. He won't even make as good of a pro as Jackson is now; stay away from him and use the first-round pick wisely. Tebow is NOT Harvin, not even close at their respective positions.
its obvious you didnt watch any florida gator football games the last two years.
Ted Kennedy

Henderson, NV

#85 Jan 20, 2010
bulldog3 wrote:
<quoted text>
its obvious you didnt watch any florida gator football games the last two years.
Apparently, you're the only one who thinks that way. All the draft gurus are starting to put together their mocks now that they have an idea where teams will draft.

Tebow is no longer projected anywhere in the first two rounds.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#86 Jan 20, 2010
To borrow a phrase from the CRJS let's look at the" totality of the circumstances" here: Favre has been playin' at a high level and it appears he can do so again if he comes back. The skill positions in Minnesota would dictate that they can again make a SB run, which is a pre-requisite of him returning, that and injury(he appears fine). The money would certainly not be an issue as I am sure Ziggy would pay him. If he returns, I think he will, just a hunch I have no inside info. just basing it on what he has been saying regarding his desire, Vikes could draft a QB and have BF mentor him, ideal situation, there is potential at the QB position in this draft.

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#87 Jan 21, 2010
Ted Kennedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you're the only one who thinks that way. All the draft gurus are starting to put together their mocks now that they have an idea where teams will draft.
Tebow is no longer projected anywhere in the first two rounds.
thats funny - the draft gurus. you must be avants brother or sister. i dont care what round tebow is drafted or what the "gurus" are predicting. Tim tebow would be a good pick for the vikes. Hes smarter by far than both jackson or rosenfart and his arm strength is there. He can throw short quick passes or throw deep. People thought drafting percy harvin was stupid and howd he'd do his rookie year so far? Not too damn shabby. Drafting Tebow would be a great move. Vikes would never have to worry about third and short. Itll be a first down every time. Move the chains, keep the offense on the field, and manage the game. Tebow can do that and he knows how to get into the enzone. Hes a true leader who knows what it takes to win. You dont win 2 national championships by sucking out on the field. There are too many gurus out there already, we dont need another my friend.
Keith Brooking Is A Baby

Henderson, NV

#88 Jan 21, 2010
bulldog3 wrote:
<quoted text>
thats funny - the draft gurus. you must be avants brother or sister. i dont care what round tebow is drafted or what the "gurus" are predicting. Tim tebow would be a good pick for the vikes. Hes smarter by far than both jackson or rosenfart and his arm strength is there. He can throw short quick passes or throw deep. People thought drafting percy harvin was stupid and howd he'd do his rookie year so far? Not too damn shabby. Drafting Tebow would be a great move. Vikes would never have to worry about third and short. Itll be a first down every time. Move the chains, keep the offense on the field, and manage the game. Tebow can do that and he knows how to get into the enzone. Hes a true leader who knows what it takes to win. You dont win 2 national championships by sucking out on the field. There are too many gurus out there already, we dont need another my friend.
You sound like one of those fans that got all wet thinking about Gine Torretta, Andre Ware, Chad May, etc...

I'll trust the likes of John Clayton and Mel Kiper over some yahoo on this board anyday. They're right more often than not, and WAY more often than the fans.

Bradford. McCoy. That's your ticket, right there.
WeStillSuk

United States

#89 Jan 21, 2010
Norseman wrote:
No thanks on McNabb. He is a crying, sniveling, finger pointer that plays the race card whenever things don't go his way. He has choked in every big game he has ever played in. I'd rather have Sagevaris Jackenfels in there than McNabb. To those of you that think Favre is overrated....., take a look at what happened in the playoffs last year against Philly with basically the same team and what happened this year against Dallas, who stomped all over Philly. Grow up and admit that Favre is the reason the team is where it is right now.
yeah , don't you remember how well he played for GB in his last game against NY ..... oh ......... nevermind ....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#90 Jan 21, 2010
WOW..is this all yall got???Lolololol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/21/prin...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#91 Jan 21, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Winfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
News Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
News 10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
News Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
News Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
News Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
News Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
More from around the web