Shooter Now: If Favre wants more money, Vikings should pay him

Full story: TwinCities.com

If the Vikings win the Super Bowl for a first time, and Brett Favre retires after just one season in Minnesota, the quarterback, at age 40, will go down as the most significant player in franchise history.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of90
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
joecapp

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

Favre is overrated and the Vikings will win without him.
Alvin

Hopkins, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

#4 makes enough money as it is.
the big bjorne

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

I don't care if childress wins the superbowl...this is a pairing that would be too good to pass up....

Dungy and Frazier are very close. So close that Frazier considers Dungy his mentor, and calls him weekly for advice on playcalls and personnel matters. "To be able to walk down the hall as head coach and talk to Tony for advice would be a dream,'' Frazier told me Sunday night ... after he and Dungy had dinner together in Minneapolis. "Tony has told me this: If he did ever do it [become a club president], it would be because of me. When he told me that, it brought tears to my eyes.''

So stay tuned. If Frazier doesn't get the Buffalo job after Minnesota's strong run, and if he waits until next year to be a head coach, we'll all have to be on Dungy watch again.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers...
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
Kolbe

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

He is worth almost 3X his weight in gold. He weighs 222 pounds which is 3552 oz. Gold is at about $1133 an ounce. He is worth $4,024,416 in gold.
CzarInMpls

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Troy Williamson's helmet was too big so he couldn't see the ball. Favre would retire if Vikings win Super Bowl. Probably come back one more year if he didn't. I think he has a 2 year contract.
muskratbob

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

I know there a lot of if and's or butt's for next year but let's try to concrentrate on winning the superbowl. REGARDLESS OF NEXT YEAR THIS IS THE YEAR TO DO IT ALL BUT IT TAKE SOME HARD HIT'S AND LUMP'S TO DO IT NOTHING COMES FREE EXCEPT THE LORD. lET'S GET IT ON AND WIN THIS THING GO VIKING'S.
Kel

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

Geez I'd rather read the other paper
overrated

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

Brent who?
SilverFox

Marshall, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

eh hem, Charlie, Isn't he signed for another year? He's 40 yrs old and at the end of his career; if he wants more money it should come out of your wallet.
Clancy

Dallas, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

I think Favre is worth every dollar the Wilf brothers paid to get him, and yes probably more. I am listening to the Media about the last touchdown, and how we have no class. No mention of Dallas laying it on the Eagles. No mention of Curt Warner almost getting carried off the field after being hit when he was defensless. That's class? And, I am not a Cardinal fan! First the Media had us written off with no way to win. Now that the Vikings won over Dallas, the Vikings have no class and some of the Media just cannot admit they were wrong and give credit instead of critiscim.
And some of the Media persons talk about class?
maddmike

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

I really don't think money is going to be the issue. Favre has enough of it. I think alot will do whether he would think the Vikings have a legit shot at repeating if they win it all this year and does he want to become the first QB to pass for 500 td's and 70,000 yards in NFL history. He will get both of those if he comes back and a chance to retire like Elway, with 2 straight. IF they win it this year.

Harvin, Rice, Peterson, Shiancoe WILL all be back and be better than this year.
Might make a difference in his decision.
IT DOESNT MATTER

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

EXCUSE ME....MCNABB IS NOT BRETT
Charles Manson

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

Kel wrote:
I rather spend a lifetime in jail, then read your worthless post
Norseman

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

No thanks on McNabb. He is a crying, sniveling, finger pointer that plays the race card whenever things don't go his way. He has choked in every big game he has ever played in. I'd rather have Sagevaris Jackenfels in there than McNabb. To those of you that think Favre is overrated....., take a look at what happened in the playoffs last year against Philly with basically the same team and what happened this year against Dallas, who stomped all over Philly. Grow up and admit that Favre is the reason the team is where it is right now.
twincitieslive

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

"If the Vikings win the Super Bowl for a first time, and Brett Favre retires after just one season in Minnesota, the quarterback, at age 40, will go down as the most significant player in franchise history."

What a slap in the face to all of the Viking greats from those teams of the 70's ... Page ... Marshall ... Foreman ... Tarkenton ...
twincitieslive

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

Bulletin 4U Shooter ... the vast majority of Packer fans wouldn't have a problem with this: "And if that were to occur, the Green Bay Packers had better retire Favre's No. 4 jersey soon or the Vikings could beat them to it."
Wizconie

Amery, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

Kel wrote:
I read the other paper once (the red star). You think us folks here in sconnie are dumb but at least we don't get that rag.
Denny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

This story is about 3 week premature. Let's see what happens first. What an idiot.
liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

there are a few QB's who are known for crappin their pants in a big game. Mcnabb is at the top of the list, ahead of Romo.
REALITY

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

twincitieslive wrote:
"If the Vikings win the Super Bowl for a first time, and Brett Favre retires after just one season in Minnesota, the quarterback, at age 40, will go down as the most significant player in franchise history."
What a slap in the face to all of the Viking greats from those teams of the 70's ... Page ... Marshall ... Foreman ... Tarkenton ...
Those players did NOTHING but CHOKE on the BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of90
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Antoine Winfield Discussions

Search the Antoine Winfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
Minnesota Vikings need Xavier Rhodes to turn th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 1
Vikings have a slot for Robinson (May '13) May '13 viking nation 1
Five areas of correction for the Vikings (May '13) May '13 Harry 3
Could Vikings' Jared Allen bolt after this season? (May '13) May '13 bill 1
Cook Expresses Confidence In Vikings Secondary (May '13) May '13 Bleeds Purple 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••