One Man's Opinion: Chargers, Raiders show signs of missteps in the off-season

Mar 18, 2013 Full story: swrnn.com

The two most popular NFL teams to fans in Southern California are the San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders - one because of proximity; the other because of history.

Full Story

Since: Jan 13

United States

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Our Lombardis dont mean nothing because they were so long ago? Haha...bloggers who never even put on a pair of cleats in any sport. Get off 9ers nutz,only on then cause their winning.

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#2 Mar 18, 2013
Another narrow minded guy who is only seeing things from outside our organization and making grand, sweeping gestures about things he doesn't understand.

Here is a more accurate version of this article.

"Raiders have some tough contract situation left over from previous regimes coupled with a lack of depth and talent at some positions. QB play was the strong point of the team last year but CP accounts for 1/10 of the salary cap, is he worth it? Oakland has a 1st round pick for the first time in what feels like 3 years. Reggie McKenzie is taking a startlingly refreshing view on Free Agency... he is ignoring the top players. How often in FA has the top players gone on to be better than the team they were on before hand? Not very often. Reggie is building through the draft.

No one gives a F#$K about San Diego. Who cares. Who cares. Ladanian Tomlinson. Air Coryell. Phillip Rivers throws like a girl. The end.

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#3 Mar 18, 2013
Corran Horn wrote:
...Reggie is building through the draft.
Exactly. We knew when he came in that that's what he planned. This is how you build a strong organization for years to come. Just like everybody else, I would like us to win the SB this year but after 10 lousy, losing seasons I would rather build a dynasty and contend for the championship for years and years to come.

2-3 years ago I wanted Al Davis to go after a SB through FA signings because our drafting was horrible for so many years, I didn't give us much of a chance. Now with Reggie's reputation for recognizing talent, I am hopeful that he can build this team.......only time will tell.
Falcon88

United States

#4 Mar 18, 2013
The SilverAndBlack are coming back! Days of being NFL doormat r over! I back Mark Davis,Reggie McKenzie,Dennis Allen wholeheartedly!Go Raiders!

Since: Jan 13

United States

#5 Mar 18, 2013
I agree. Time will tell. Silver n Black to hell n Back!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Cason Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cardinals add 2 more free agents in CB Cason, D... (Mar '13) Mar '13 RAIDER CELL 2
Should the San Diego Chargers Re-Sign Antoine C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 John Kldwell 1
Bears' Cutler not sure he'll return this season (Nov '11) Dec '11 Atlanta 3
Reports: Cutler Breaks Thumb On Throwing Hand (Nov '11) Nov '11 Go Blue 2
Offseason Preview: San Diego Chargers (Mar '10) Apr '10 Bullfarts 5
GM Smith: Cromartie not on the block (Apr '09) May '09 mike 3
More from around the web