Report: Alabama to vacate wins from 2005-07

Full story: KFSN
The NCAA will reveal later Thursday that the Alabama football program must vacate victories from 2005 through 2007 that included players who improperly got free textbooks for other students, the Birmingham News is reporting. Full Story

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Jun 11, 2009
I am a diehard AU fan, but this is bullsh!t.
CrimsonJax

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Jun 12, 2009
This is Bullshi$. The NCAA needs to come down on minor student issues to look good - can't take on the larger issues of corruption in the NCAA's own ranks or work toward an actual playoff system, etc.

If they investigated every team for this crap, we wouldn't have much in the way or collegiate athletics.

I appreciate your comment Eagle3. I'm Crimson through and through, but if this happened to AU I'd by like "Come on!"

There are some serious issues out there, and this doesn't amount to jack.

I guess Nick Saban pissed off someone high up there in the NCAA!
fightfan

Westerville, OH

#3 Jun 13, 2009
This so stupid. Its funny how fast they blow the whistle on Alabama but its been 3 years since Reggie Bush's parents were busted on a 300,000 dollars home free of rent.

Whats bigger 300,000 dollar home or text books.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 11, 2009
Either that or one of them are an LSU fan.
CrimsonJax wrote:
This is Bullshi$. The NCAA needs to come down on minor student issues to look good - can't take on the larger issues of corruption in the NCAA's own ranks or work toward an actual playoff system, etc.
If they investigated every team for this crap, we wouldn't have much in the way or collegiate athletics.
I appreciate your comment Eagle3. I'm Crimson through and through, but if this happened to AU I'd by like "Come on!"
There are some serious issues out there, and this doesn't amount to jack.
I guess Nick Saban pissed off someone high up there in the NCAA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antoine Caldwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ingram took advantage of opportunity (Dec '09) Dec '09 DeathValley56 Ghost 20
Making a run at history | The Columbus Dispatch (Dec '09) Dec '09 Dannawally 1
How To Solve the Houston Texans' Running Game Woes (Oct '09) Oct '09 Texans_00 1
NCAA is investigating Alabama's textbook scanda... (Mar '09) Jul '09 PCB-FL 6
Saban supports Witt's call to appeal NCAA sanct... (Jun '09) Jun '09 ArrowJ 1
Football: All Hail Saban (Aug '07) May '09 deathvalley56 2,208
Davis makes most of NFL workout (Apr '09) Apr '09 Davidjohnson5799 1
More from around the web