UCF drops Liberty Bowl to Mississippi...

UCF drops Liberty Bowl to Mississippi State

There are 442 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 29, 2007, titled UCF drops Liberty Bowl to Mississippi State. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

UCF came to this city in southwestern Tennessee with hopes of expanding its brand, of building momentum and beating a BCS-league opponent in the Liberty Bowl A- a victory that might have cemented the Knights as ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Kevin Smith Hater

Lady Lake, FL

#1 Dec 29, 2007
You guys suck. 3 points
hate coach hater

Lakeland, FL

#2 Dec 29, 2007
the dream is over.. ucf sucks. this is what happens when you play a real school from a real conference. dont forget ucf is the #1 c-usa team and msu was the #6 rated sec team. was c-usa 1-4 in bowl games so far? only 10k fans out of 60k total. ridiculous!!!! 24k? more like tarnished silver! only 120 yards no record, no nothing. better go pro ksmith! top 25 team? what a joke!!!!!
r u kidding

Lakeland, FL

#3 Dec 29, 2007
what a joke only 3 points. what an offensive juggernaut!!! thank god ucf lost so i wont have to hear ucf alums like my maid, my yard guy and the guy in the drive thru window talking about how great ucf is all off season!
Ham and Cheese on Rye

Lehigh Acres, FL

#4 Dec 29, 2007
They won the last seven games playing teams ranked over 100. This was a 7-5 team ranked 65th in defense and 3rd worse in offense with a mid 40's ranking. Stay in the Conference USA Bubble and everything will be fine! Both teams stunk. Here come the excuses, it was cold, we did not show up etc.etc. etc.

Did Kevin play today?

Build for next year, find a better conference and shut up about USF.

Peace out 64-12
UCF Fan in Raleigh

Raleigh, NC

#5 Dec 29, 2007
Thanks for the great season, but you gave it all back, on a national level, with 4 turnovers and 2 missed FG's to what? the 7th best team in the SEC? Best of luck Kevin Smith. Here's to a great 2008.
GO UCF

El Paso, TX

#6 Dec 29, 2007
Never mind the above comments, these guys forgot their meds today. The fact that UCF made it to a bowl game is impressive. I look forward to seeing them win one next year.
Libertarian

Orlando, FL

#7 Dec 29, 2007
The headline should read "Kyle Israel throws Liberty Bowl game away". Forget the missed field goals, the 3 interceptions are what killed UCF.
John Hitt is an Idiot

Winter Garden, FL

#9 Dec 29, 2007
r u kidding wrote:
what a joke only 3 points. what an offensive juggernaut!!! thank god ucf lost so i wont have to hear ucf alums like my maid, my yard guy and the guy in the drive thru window talking about how great ucf is all off season!
I know, isn't it great?
MarkZ

United States

#10 Dec 29, 2007
Libertarian wrote:
The headline should read "Kyle Israel throws Liberty Bowl game away". Forget the missed field goals, the 3 interceptions are what killed UCF.
Totally agree. What a horrible specimen for a quarterback. I'm often amazed UCF made it to a bowl game after watching his performance. To compound things, UCF relied too much on Kevin Smith. Mississippi State clearly recognized that and took advantage
Summer

AOL

#11 Dec 29, 2007
Give UCF a break....... Just because they lost a bowl game doesn't mean they suck. They had a good year and I am sure next year they will be better.
Goodluck FSU and UF.
Congrats FAU.
Next year will be better UCF.
Get Real

San Antonio, TX

#12 Dec 29, 2007
Come on all you UCF fans who promised to be on these boards win or lose. Kevin Smith averages 3.4 yards per carry...oh, that's what happens when you play non-CUSA teams. What was that - greatest running back in Florida history??? Oh, and may I add... 1). UCF has never beaten a ranked team 2). UCF has never been ranked 3). UCF has never won a bowl game and 4). UCF is NOW 2-39 against BCS teams!!! Yeah baby, here comes that National Championship all right. Where's all the chest thumpin' morons now???? Speak up guys...let's hear about that CUSA championship!!! Gooooooo Knights baby!!!!
Bob

Orlando, FL

#13 Dec 29, 2007
hate coach hater wrote:
the dream is over.. ucf sucks. this is what happens when you play a real school from a real conference. dont forget ucf is the #1 c-usa team and msu was the #6 rated sec team. was c-usa 1-4 in bowl games so far? only 10k fans out of 60k total. ridiculous!!!! 24k? more like tarnished silver! only 120 yards no record, no nothing. better go pro ksmith! top 25 team? what a joke!!!!!
A real team from a real conference. They are given 3 turn overs and can only manage a last minute TD to break a 3-3 tie. Oh yeah, that was one major power house breaking out in MS. Give me a break...
MSU Alum

Lake Worth, FL

#14 Dec 29, 2007
Go Dawgs!!!
GVAZ

Plano, TX

#15 Dec 29, 2007
Go USF, Go Bulls. Sorry that UCF suck
true true

Winter Garden, FL

#16 Dec 29, 2007
r u kidding wrote:
i hear what you're saying. when i hear ucf laborers...i mean ucf grads talking about how great their school is and what a great football team they have i'm like, "there's laundry and toilets that need cleaning, get back to work!" it's like snap out of it! back to reality, you know?
VermontKnight

Saint Albans, VT

#17 Dec 29, 2007
When USF's fan base is all younger than 25 I guess these are the comments we should come to expect. Bad game for both teams. Sun Belt officials should stay in the Sun Belt. UCF still had a good season so all is well.
Billy Moes

United States

#18 Dec 29, 2007
Memo to all UCF Fans: that is how it feels to play a very average SEC team. Now if you were in the conference your next games could be as follows:

Auburn
At Tennessee
LSU
At South Carolina
Vanderbilt
At Georgia

Get the picture? How many of those games would UCF win??

Playing in Conference USA and having Kevin Smith run wild is fun to watch but it is not big time football. Most of the CUSA defenses are awful. He is no where close to as good as McFadden.
Knight of NY

Jackson Heights, NY

#19 Dec 29, 2007
Great game plan O'Leary, you and your joke of a coaching staff needs to go!!!
Billy Moes

United States

#20 Dec 29, 2007
GVAZ wrote:
Go USF, Go Bulls. Sorry that UCF suck
Maybe you should concentrate on trying to figure out how to beat UCONN?

Since: Jul 07

Satellite Beach, FL

#21 Dec 29, 2007
It was an ugly game, and we lost. We didn't get beat. They were 2 for 13 on 3rd down conversions. We coughed it up 4 times and handed them 10 points. Just like we coughed it up in the red zone against Texas twice, and like we coughed it up to USF for 19 points to open the game, and like we coughed it up to ECU 5 times in the 2nd quarter. Every loss we had this year was off of turnovers.

Oh well. There's always next year. Congrats Knights for C-USA Champs!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthony Dixon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 49ers reportedly trying to trade LaMichael James (Apr '14) Apr '14 Frank Pharts 2
News Huge first half for 49ers' Vernon Davis (Oct '13) Oct '13 Crapinals 1
News Grading the 49ers' 34-3 victory over the Housto... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Schaub hairline 2
News 49ers lead Texans 31-3 after Schaub throws 3 INTs (Oct '13) Oct '13 Al Del Greco 1
News 49ers notes: Fleming has scare with same repair... (Jun '13) Jun '13 John R 1
News How Should the San Francisco 49ers Split Carries? (Aug '12) Aug '12 The_Solution 1
News San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernic... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Gofarts 2