Chicago Bears must pursue Anquan Bold...

Chicago Bears must pursue Anquan Boldin -- now

There are 145 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 24, 2009, titled Chicago Bears must pursue Anquan Boldin -- now. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Before picking up the phone to dial the number of whatever player the Bears have agreed to take with the 49th selection of Saturday's NFL draft, Jerry Angelo has a more important call to make.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Chicago Guy

Stevensville, MI

#146 Apr 25, 2009
Patrrick wrote:
If the bears get boldin too, I might just cream my pants.
Patrick, that reminds me of one of my favorite music videos:

Jizzed in My Pants by Saturday Night Live
Just a thought

United States

#147 Apr 25, 2009
Honestly I would love to get Boldin,...

But I'm not ready to give up any of our promising young players, or dependable old guys. Relax, we don't need him that bad. Wr is an issue, but only if it's a reasonable deal go after boldin.

We wait a year, an Brandon Marshall will b a free agent, and my bets after a crappy year in broncoville, he'll come a runnin to Chicago. Thanks Denver!
Greg

West Chicago, IL

#148 Apr 25, 2009
Arnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he's 5 foot nothing... We already have the shortest wide receivers in the league. We need to get bigger not shorter. Do you think the primadona Cutler wants a 6-4 wide out or a 5-5 wide out
You may have a point but Wolfe, who is 5'-7 1/2" compares to Wes Welker, Sinorice Moss, Santana Moss, Dante Hall, Deion Branch and Steve Smith who are all between 5'-8" and 5'-10". I think his size is more suited to wide receiver than running back.

Since: Jun 08

United States

#149 Apr 29, 2009
Marteen wrote:
There's no way in hell that we're going to give up a #1 running back for someone elses #2 wide receiver. Forte's upside is much better than Boldin's.
STRANGE PHENOMENON

I liked Forte as much as anyone last year, but I do not agree with the mobs of fans who seem to think he is the second coming of Walter Payton. Mr. Forte is a solid RB, but he has taken a beating and is at risk for being injured if they do not ease up on him. He also has some limitations that nobody seems to notice (average speed, doesn't break many long runs, inconsistent total yardage per game, etc.). He had some very average games last year, but everyone seems to focus on the good games and forget the average or poor ones. I think that he is good (or serviceable) and will have a good career, but he will never be a superstar. I hope that I am wrong, but I can not imagine that he will ever be one of the top 10 RBs in the NFL. He is good, but he is destined to max out in the middle of the pack of NFL running backs. He has a great attitude and plays very intelligently, but I think that we are so used to having backs who are busts that we overvalue Mr. Forte simply because he is not horrible. That being said, I hope that all of the many people who are calling me an idiot as they read this are absolutely right. I will be happy to be proven wrong, but if I am right, I do not expect anyone to remember what I am saying right now.
Clipper39

Allentown, PA

#150 May 1, 2009
I can't wait for the season to start! GO BEARS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anquan Boldin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grading the 49ers' loss to Seattle (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News Purdy: 49ers headquarters just a big junior hig... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... (Apr '15) Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News 2015 NFL Free Agency: Best Twitter Talk About L... (Mar '15) Mar '15 OCF 1
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Micah Hyde is set to go anywhere (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mossy Cade 10
News Niners roll, turn attention to Packers (Dec '13) Jan '14 GBPfan 13
More from around the web