Chicago Bears must pursue Anquan Bold...

Chicago Bears must pursue Anquan Boldin -- now

There are 145 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 24, 2009, titled Chicago Bears must pursue Anquan Boldin -- now. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Before picking up the phone to dial the number of whatever player the Bears have agreed to take with the 49th selection of Saturday's NFL draft, Jerry Angelo has a more important call to make.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Buddy Lee

United States

#1 Apr 24, 2009
David - Must you tease this way?
Aaron

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 24, 2009
Come on Angelo DO IT!!
ljt777

Mesa, AZ

#3 Apr 24, 2009
Put the cool aid down Arizona isn't trading Boldin for anything less than a 1st round pick. He has two years left on his contract and the Bidwells are more then willing to bring him back unhappy rather than give him away.
Patrrick

Bergenfield, NJ

#4 Apr 24, 2009
If the bears get boldin too, I might just cream my pants.
SDS

Glen Ellyn, IL

#5 Apr 24, 2009
I don't see how they can outbid the Titans (L. White or C. Henry) plus a #2. Everybody knows the Cardinal running game is weak. Forte for Boldin doesn't make sense from an age perspective and they'd want a pick, too (would be my guess).
Bill

Bolingbrook, IL

#6 Apr 24, 2009

If Angelo pulls THIS one off .......... he'll go from this town's biggest goat to home-town hero in one off-season.

Go for it, Jerry...... Become a hero.

ldc

Champaign, IL

#7 Apr 24, 2009
If they can get him for a No. 2 and a late pick, great.

Otherwise, not interested.

He's 29, disgruntled and has a history of injuries playing in good weather.

The end may not justify the means with this guy.

“The quo has no status”

Since: Oct 08

Glen Ellyn, IL

#8 Apr 24, 2009
SDS wrote:
I don't see how they can outbid the Titans (L. White or C. Henry) plus a #2. Everybody knows the Cardinal running game is weak. Forte for Boldin doesn't make sense from an age perspective and they'd want a pick, too (would be my guess).
Trading Forte for Boldin is NOT a good idea. We don't want to turn the Bears into the Broncos. To be a legitimate contender, you also need a solid running game. Get rid of Forte and you are trading one offensive hole for another. If you insist on trading an offensive player, one of our tight ends makes more sense.
Peeperguy

Akron, OH

#9 Apr 24, 2009
so David, reads an espn article and writes a quick knee-jerk reaction article like this? What's even funnier is that 8 days ago "the bears don't have the resources to land Boldin" per David Haugh

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football...

make up your mind
Bears

United States

#10 Apr 24, 2009
SDS wrote:
There's no way the titans would trade white or henry, just as we wouldn't trade forte. There not getting paid a lot, and they produce, big time.
ldc

Champaign, IL

#11 Apr 24, 2009
Bears wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no way the titans would trade white or henry, just as we wouldn't trade forte. There not getting paid a lot, and they produce, big time.
Henry? He has less than 200 career yards.

And I think they would unload White, because they still would have Chris Johnson, and Henry as a big backup.

The Titans WRs are arguably worse than the Bears right now. Giving up one of your RBs for a big-time receiver is not as bad as the Bears giving up a boatload more of picks.
Ryatt

Glen Ellyn, IL

#12 Apr 24, 2009
Forget offering the second rounder.....offer Hester straight up. Graves and the Cardinals would have to consider it.
Josh

United States

#13 Apr 24, 2009
The Newyork Giants seem like the best place to go if Boldin is getting traded if he does get traded it will happen within the rest of april or beginning of May i dont think they will trade Boldin they almost won the superbowl why not keep the same team and try again ?
REAL TALK

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Apr 24, 2009
were not giving up forte so you guys can stop with all that...2nd round pick and a few role players such as adrian peterson and/or desmond clark
Jeff

Franklin Park, IL

#15 Apr 24, 2009
With what? Those draft picks Angelo overpaid for a THIRD-YEAR QB who was erroneously elected to ONE pro bowl would've come in handy now.
brett

Skokie, IL

#16 Apr 24, 2009
Ryatt wrote:
Forget offering the second rounder.....offer Hester straight up. Graves and the Cardinals would have to consider it.
I was thinking the same thing.
Hester is my favorite player.....when he returns kicks/punts.
He's nothing special as a WR....and will never better than a #3.
Reason to throw Hester in there along with a 2nd round pick is I think AZ would go for it.
carl

Edmond, OK

#18 Apr 24, 2009
If the Bears do go after him, will they be willing to pay the money he will demand down the road? Along with Cutler? Thats what I'd like to have answered first before we think about going after them.
Typical Sox Fan

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 24, 2009
Vasher/2nd for Boldin

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#21 Apr 24, 2009
MIght as well do it....JA can't draft offensive players anyways....save Olsen. Jury still out on Forte.

If Grossman is still Bear property, how about this.

Grossman AND Hillenmeyer plus a 6th and 7th to the New York Jets for the Jets' 2nd rounder? I'd do it in a heartbeat. Jets need another QB don't they?
Zondo34

Gillespie, IL

#22 Apr 24, 2009
Amen !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anquan Boldin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Both sides say protest talks productive, more t... (Oct '17) Oct '17 Well of Farts 4
News Grading the 49ers' loss to Seattle (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News Purdy: 49ers headquarters just a big junior hig... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... (Apr '15) Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News 2015 NFL Free Agency: Best Twitter Talk About L... (Mar '15) Mar '15 OCF 1
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Micah Hyde is set to go anywhere (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mossy Cade 10