Cardinals' disgruntled wide receiver Boldin files papers to fir...

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin is in the process of firing his agent Drew Rosenhaus. Full Story
cocoajoe

Springfield, MO

#1 May 26, 2009
Yep, next step, the Dolphins.
yeagators

Boca Raton, FL

#2 May 26, 2009
Just for show...Drew will "magically" work a trade soon and all will be well....

No way Rosenhaus is giving up this "A" list player/client and the $$$$$ percentage that comes with his contract...
SoFlo

Mechanicsburg, PA

#3 May 26, 2009
Yo! Drew make it happen.
ifeeltheheat

Boca Raton, FL

#4 May 26, 2009
Congratulations to AB.

What a good decision and smart move!

This will turn out to be the best business decision of his career.
RichAgainstStupi d1s

United States

#5 May 26, 2009
Both Boldin and Rosenhaus are meant for each others...morons belong together. Boldin has a contract (a legal binding agreement) that pays him on average over 5 mil a year for next 2 years...and he's whining about money? He needs to get his head out of his gluteus maximus and honor his contract....and earn a new contract after 2010. As for Rosenhaus...he's the instigator behind all these "sign a long term contract..then hold out part of the way thru it". Any time you see someone holding out for more money thats not up for contract renewal as of yet, you know its a Rosenhaus client. Then again..he went to UM..that says enough right there.
JAK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 May 26, 2009
Oh sure it'd the agent's fault. Time to look in the mirror Anquan. If the Cards you were that good, the Cards would have signed you to the deal you want. If the rest of the league thought you were that good, a decent trade offer would have been made.

Drew got you the extension to which you were not entitled back in 2005. You probably made about 10 million more between 2005 and 2007 than a 2nd round pick would EVER get.

The price you pay for that type of security is that you're signed through 2010. At a pretty nice salary I might add.

No sympathy here AB.
Marcus

United States

#7 May 26, 2009
This moron can't speak a complete sentence or read on a 3rd grade level.

He is earning close to 5 mil a year and isn't happy. Let him try to make in the world "outside" of professional football. He would be picking sugar cane or working on a loading dock.

No what I'm sayin".

Since: Feb 09

Kirksey, KY

#9 May 27, 2009
Q is only one year removed from being a captain of the Arizona team. Several of the players still look up to him. He had plates put into his head and came back and played two games later. He has shown a dedication to the team that has not been reciprocated for the most part. He was promised before last year that if he reached certain milestones(which he did)that the franchise would renegotiate his contract. Instead he was ignored and the huge contract went to Fitz. Q originally wanted to be traded on the basis that he was lied to. Rosenhaus then ruined his Q's reputation by constantly bringing up the topic to the media(when Q wanted the subject to stay in the background) making him look greedy. His firing of Drew signals that he wants to get things done with the Cards.

Since: Jun 08

Miami, FL

#10 May 27, 2009
I wouldn't play for 3 million a year. I would rather practice my "you want fries with that" line. I hope the Dolphins don't get this whiner.
Obama bin Biden

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#11 May 27, 2009
I'm tired of these whiners. I wouldn't pay him minimum wage.
Rumblebee Ray

Dawsonville, GA

#12 May 27, 2009
Drew Rosenhaus is the best pro sports agent out there, and this nitwit fires him? I am sick of hearing about atheletes that think that they are Gods and want more and more money and are still never satisfied! I can only hope that the Dolphins stick to their guns and pass on this cry baby jerk! He just went to a Super Bowl with the Cardinals and that team has the talent to repeat this year and he is still complaining. The Cardinals should trade him to the Bengals or the Raiders and see how he likes playing for those loosers!
That Dude

Orlando, FL

#13 May 27, 2009
RichAgainstStupid1s wrote:
Both Boldin and Rosenhaus are meant for each others...morons belong together. Boldin has a contract (a legal binding agreement) that pays him on average over 5 mil a year for next 2 years...and he's whining about money? He needs to get his head out of his gluteus maximus and honor his contract....and earn a new contract after 2010. As for Rosenhaus...he's the instigator behind all these "sign a long term contract..then hold out part of the way thru it". Any time you see someone holding out for more money thats not up for contract renewal as of yet, you know its a Rosenhaus client. Then again..he went to UM..that says enough right there.
You know what, you are correct. A contract is a binding agreement between two parties and should be carried out as such.

That being said, do the teams in the NFL also have to respect these contracts?

History has shown that when a player looses his productivity or value to the team, the team will release him and go on to their next paramour.

Contracts should work both ways with both parties having to abide by them.
That Dude

Orlando, FL

#14 May 27, 2009
The word in paragraph three should have been "loses" vice looses.
Marky

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 May 27, 2009
It's about time someone fired Rosenhoes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anquan Boldin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's better to receive: Raiders, 49ers will hav... Feb 23 Draft Beer 1
49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Micah Hyde is set to go anywhere (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mossy Cade 10
Niners roll, turn attention to Packers (Dec '13) Jan '14 GBPfan 13
49ers vs. Packers: Who Has the Edge at Every Po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Projecting What the San Francisco 49ers Would L... (Oct '13) Nov '13 j helms 4
Huge first half for 49ers' Vernon Davis (Oct '13) Oct '13 Crapinals 1
More from around the web