Bob Sansevere: Vikings should make a ...

Bob Sansevere: Vikings should make a play for Cardinals receive...

There are 29 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 2, 2009, titled Bob Sansevere: Vikings should make a play for Cardinals receive.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Itemizing a few things ... Item: The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals in a great finish to Super Bowl XLIII.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#24 Feb 6, 2009
The KY Arizona Cards Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hope you are right about Matt the results just haven't shown it thus far. Matt has GREAT receivers to throw to. We have all seen Kurt throw it up and Fitz make an amazing catch. The problem with Matt is his throwing the ball up to Fitz is even out Fitz's amazing reach. Hopefully he will get better and I did hear that he has gotten alot more serious since loosing his job to Kurt. Maybe that will help him. After all TJack was much better when he regained his position late in the year. Maybe you just need to take the pressure off sometimes.
i have been criticized about saying leinart will be good in the nfl ever since his senior year at usc. i still believe he will be. he may not have boldin anymore unless they can redo his contract. i have been wanting the vikings to go after him ever since he said he was unhappy in arizona, but i want him stay just so leinart can get better. as for tjack, he was still being criticized after regaining his starting role just because he lost two fumbles against atlanta. tjack was the only reason we were even in that game. nobody seems to remember petersons fumbles that game because he was high draft pick unlike jackson. he also gets criticized for the philly game in the playoffs. he only made two bad decisions that entire game and one them cost us. if the vikings drafted sam bradford next year, i guarantee he wouldnt get criticized near as much in his first year starting.

Rensselaer

#25 Feb 6, 2009
Edwin wrote:
A good receiver won't mean a thing without a quarterback who can get the ball to him, and a Head Coach who isn't deathly afraid of throwing a pass beyond the line of scrimmage.
those short little passes are part of whats called the west coast offense.
Tristan

Sebeka, MN

#26 Feb 15, 2009
I say take a chance at cassel
Matt

Appleton, WI

#27 Feb 23, 2009
What do the cardinals need... a good RB, and we just happen to have a very good RB that gets used less and less because of AP's improvement. What do we need... we need a legitimate WR, and it just so happens that the cardinals have a very good receiver that wants out. If we had a good receiver it would help Tarvaris out almost as much as having AP. Berrian is a good WR that can stretch the field, but beyond that there is not much too him. If we got Boldin our offense would be so much more talented and balanced enough that even Childress would throw more.

As for trading for Cassell, he is better than what we have here, but he is not worth trading for because he will end up just like Jackson because there is no legitimate WR to throw to and make him look good, like he had with Moss. As much as I don't like Jackson as our starter, i wouldn't mind seeing him under center with Boldin out wide.

Bottom line is it would be a smart trade for both teams giving up Chester Taylor, someone like Brian Robinson who has a lot of potential, and a second round pick. If it would take a first round pick i would still do it because Boldin is still young and is better than anyone we could get in the draft this year. As great as it would be, and as much as i hope it does happen, i don't think it will but one can hope... right?

Rensselaer

#28 Feb 23, 2009
Matt wrote:
What do the cardinals need... a good RB, and we just happen to have a very good RB that gets used less and less because of AP's improvement. What do we need... we need a legitimate WR, and it just so happens that the cardinals have a very good receiver that wants out. If we had a good receiver it would help Tarvaris out almost as much as having AP. Berrian is a good WR that can stretch the field, but beyond that there is not much too him. If we got Boldin our offense would be so much more talented and balanced enough that even Childress would throw more.
As for trading for Cassell, he is better than what we have here, but he is not worth trading for because he will end up just like Jackson because there is no legitimate WR to throw to and make him look good, like he had with Moss. As much as I don't like Jackson as our starter, i wouldn't mind seeing him under center with Boldin out wide.
Bottom line is it would be a smart trade for both teams giving up Chester Taylor, someone like Brian Robinson who has a lot of potential, and a second round pick. If it would take a first round pick i would still do it because Boldin is still young and is better than anyone we could get in the draft this year. As great as it would be, and as much as i hope it does happen, i don't think it will but one can hope... right?
we dont need to trade chester. we need to use him in the offense more because of AP's past injury problems and i really dont want to risk them coming back by using him so much. chester helps AP out quite a bit by giving him a breather and helps the team out a lot because of his 3rd down abilities.

i have been saying that we need to go after anquan boldin the entire time ever since he has said he wanted out of arizona. as soon as he said that, i thought of the vikings needing to trade for him. your right we could give them robison because of his potential, but i say give em' robison, and our 1st and 3rd round picks. or even the 2nd round if we have to. just get it done without trading any of our main players.

as for our qb situation, tjack will be ok as long as we get him a true #1 reciever which he has never had. 9 tds and only 2 ints aint bad for a one whose best reciever is bernard berrian. like you said, berrian is just a guy who can stretch the field. he is a good #2 reciever and thats all.

if we do what i have stated here, im making reservations down in miami for super bowl XLlV.
Matt

Appleton, WI

#29 Feb 23, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
we dont need to trade chester. we need to use him in the offense more because of AP's past injury problems and i really dont want to risk them coming back by using him so much. chester helps AP out quite a bit by giving him a breather and helps the team out a lot because of his 3rd down abilities.
i have been saying that we need to go after anquan boldin the entire time ever since he has said he wanted out of arizona. as soon as he said that, i thought of the vikings needing to trade for him. your right we could give them robison because of his potential, but i say give em' robison, and our 1st and 3rd round picks. or even the 2nd round if we have to. just get it done without trading any of our main players.
as for our qb situation, tjack will be ok as long as we get him a true #1 reciever which he has never had. 9 tds and only 2 ints aint bad for a one whose best reciever is bernard berrian. like you said, berrian is just a guy who can stretch the field. he is a good #2 reciever and thats all.
if we do what i have stated here, im making reservations down in miami for super bowl XLlV.
Don't get me wrong, I love having Taylor, but I do think that we can address that with a later pick in the draft. More and more backs that come out of the draft are just pure runners. Look at the quality of all the running backs that have come out of the draft in the last few years, especially this last past one. Steve Slaton, Chris Johnson, Felix Jones. The point is finding a back that can do what Chester Taylor does won't be as hard as finding a top 15 possibly top 10 receiver.

Rensselaer

#30 Feb 24, 2009
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, I love having Taylor, but I do think that we can address that with a later pick in the draft. More and more backs that come out of the draft are just pure runners. Look at the quality of all the running backs that have come out of the draft in the last few years, especially this last past one. Steve Slaton, Chris Johnson, Felix Jones. The point is finding a back that can do what Chester Taylor does won't be as hard as finding a top 15 possibly top 10 receiver.
yeah, but all those guys that you have metioned were also early round picks. if we trade our picks to the cards for boldin, it would be a lot harder to get a running back like one of those. and plus, we already know what we have in chester taylor and nobody is a guarantee coming out of the draft.
pooterqb

Mesa, AZ

#31 Mar 20, 2009
Someone said Anquan Boldin is worth a 2nd rd. pick. A you crazy? A 2nd rd. pick. Try two 1st. rd. picks you bozo. He is top 5 receivers in the league. You can draft 2 top 20 picks in the next three drafts and still not get a Q. Before you start saying something, know your value. Q is barely below Adrian Peterson as far as trade value. What would you trade Peterson for? Well that is what you would need to trade to get Q. Fitz is going NO WHERE. He signed a big fat contract with a bunch of years left. If he wanted back to the cold freezing MN Vikings then he would not have signed with the Cards. The Cards don't deserve him? So it was the Vikings that lost to the Steelers? Oh no that was the Cards. They went to the Super Bowl you idiot.

Rensselaer

#33 Mar 21, 2009
pooterqb wrote:
Someone said Anquan Boldin is worth a 2nd rd. pick. A you crazy? A 2nd rd. pick. Try two 1st. rd. picks you bozo. He is top 5 receivers in the league. You can draft 2 top 20 picks in the next three drafts and still not get a Q. Before you start saying something, know your value. Q is barely below Adrian Peterson as far as trade value. What would you trade Peterson for? Well that is what you would need to trade to get Q. Fitz is going NO WHERE. He signed a big fat contract with a bunch of years left. If he wanted back to the cold freezing MN Vikings then he would not have signed with the Cards. The Cards don't deserve him? So it was the Vikings that lost to the Steelers? Oh no that was the Cards. They went to the Super Bowl you idiot.
two 1st rounders? i have to disagree with that. we didnt even give that much for jared allen. anquan is a great reciever and is one of the best in the league, but no reciever is worth two 1st round picks unless their god. and the vikings play in a dome so the cold weather wouldnt make a difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anquan Boldin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grading the 49ers' loss to Seattle (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News Purdy: 49ers headquarters just a big junior hig... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... (Apr '15) Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News 2015 NFL Free Agency: Best Twitter Talk About L... (Mar '15) Mar '15 OCF 1
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Micah Hyde is set to go anywhere (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mossy Cade 10
News Niners roll, turn attention to Packers (Dec '13) Jan '14 GBPfan 13
More from around the web